View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 03:57 PM
That sounds very positive Lynn, and I always think if they are sleeping soundly that is a good sign too.

I remember Clive commenting on one of Henry's tiddles when he was on the steroids, he said it was like a horse tiddling and there was a huge puddle afterwards, that seemed to go on and on for ages, probably getting on for a minute, and he still had enough left to tiddle up every tree we went past on the walk

I really do have everything crossed here for you all.

p.s. Henry seems a lot better today and has enjoyed his meals and also begged for my sandwiches...always a good sign when they are interested in food xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Fabulous Lynn, this is what I have been waiting to read .
Lets hope this steady improvement continues and you can all get back to a bit of normality.
Hopefully as his body gets used to the tablets the weeing will ease off a bit.
Fingers crossed this is the real turning point you and all of us have been waiting for.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
That sounds very positive Lynn, and I always think if they are sleeping soundly that is a good sign too.

I remember Clive commenting on one of Henry's tiddles when he was on the steroids, he said it was like a horse tiddling and there was a huge puddle afterwards, that seemed to go on and on for ages, probably getting on for a minute, and he still had enough left to tiddle up every tree we went past on the walk

I really do have everything crossed here for you all.

p.s. Henry seems a lot better today and has enjoyed his meals and also begged for my sandwiches...always a good sign when they are interested in food xx
Thanks Sheree we have said it sound like a horse tiddling. You can hear it from the house with the door open.

I am pleased to hear Henry is brighter too. Xx
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Well things are certainly sounding a lot more positive for Ollie

I can vouch for the weeing thing as I have just completed a course of steriods myself
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Good news Ollie is feeling better Willow is only on a small dose of steroids now ,but his wees are still noticably longer than my other 2 dogs and heavier sounding,small price to pay though!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Fabulous Lynn, this is what I have been waiting to read .
Lets hope this steady improvement continues and you can all get back to a bit of normality.
Hopefully as his body gets used to the tablets the weeing will ease off a bit.
Fingers crossed this is the real turning point you and all of us have been waiting for.
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Well things are certainly sounding a lot more positive for Ollie

I can vouch for the weeing thing as I have just completed a course of steriods myself
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Good news Ollie is feeling better Willow is only on a small dose of steroids now ,but his wees are still noticably longer than my other 2 dogs and heavier sounding,small price to pay though!
Thank you all. It is great to see him bouncing about a little bit. Hopefully they are having the desired effect.

I was prepared to put puppy pads down overnight and when we were out if he had any accidents I really don't care as long as we get the old Ollie back and able to enjoy life. For however long.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I am glad to read that things are looking more positive for Ollie - I hope things continue to improve.
(Sorry I have only just caught up with the thread).
Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I am glad to read that things are looking more positive for Ollie - I hope things continue to improve.
(Sorry I have only just caught up with the thread).
Take care
Thank you. Don't worry we can't get round to reading all the threads especially ones as long as this one.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:18 PM
The needing to pee may be a good thing, its encouraging him to get up and move, so will improve his muscle tone and fitness.

His gait looks a lot like Wobblers in Dobermanns, I had one with it. They have a wide back gait which is "slower" than the front legs, the front legs also appear to do a double step at times, and at that time, the back ones seem to do a "big" step if that makes sense!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Aw Lynn, so pleased to be reading this - honestly your posts seem to have lifted a little you seem to be a bit more optimistic and "happy" Obviously you are still cautious and uncertain of the future but honestly your last couple of posts read as if some of the darkness has lifted.

Like evreyone else has said steroids definitely make you wee (I know from the ones I got for my hay fever LOL)

I really hope that they help Ollie maintain a certain level of mobility and that he can go from strength to strength with them.

Hugs as always xxx
Page 106 of 123 « First < 6 56 96 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 116 > Last »