Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 05:43 PM

Funniest thing your children have done

Just reading another thread reminded me about this....

My step daughters were probably about 8 or 9 years old at the time. OH & I were lying in bed, we knew the girls were up, but they were usually very good, so we were enjoying a lie in....when the smoke alarm goes off.

We run downstairs to find smoke and a strange smell coming from the toaster. The youngest had decided to make cheese on toast - by pushing lumps of cheese into a slice of bread and then sticking it in the toaster.

I don't think she really appreciated us laughing as much as we did - she looked at us all indignant and said 'how else are you supposed to make it then'.

What child-related things have made you laugh?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Obviously my wee one is still little, but his best one recently was:

Ran away from me in the middle of sainsbury's and when I caught up with him and grabbed him, he started shouting "help - somebody help me" Help help ....."
It occurred to me how i would prove he was mine if anybody asked???LOL

so cheeky and he isnt even 2 yet - needless to say many people were looking at me in the shop and Luca was very pleased wit himself...

He also told me very loudly that he needed a big poo ( his exact words) at the checkout in tesco.. obviously he likes to show me up in supermarkets...
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 09:37 PM
was in the loo once (in town) and there was the normal Q outside. and my little girl (now 21) said in a loud voice "what u doing mummy?" i whispered a wee. and with that she shouted out "yaaaaa good girl mummy" and then clapped. well at the time we was petty training her LOL
opened the door to see a load of women trying hard not to LOL at us .
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2008, 09:54 PM
When my 10 year old son was a toddler he used to follow our great dane Kai around the garden cocking his leg whenever Kai did He also used to eat Kai's dog food I can safely say that dog food is safe kids - even tripe

During the summer we took the kids to a theme park. We are all enjoying the Galleon Ship ride when my son shouts out at the top of his voice "Oooooo Mummy, I love this ride it makes my w*nky feel funny!" I could have died

My 7 year old daughter recently came out with a super word - she had just given her little dog a bath and once she was nice and dry she said that she looked prettyful!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 10:16 PM
With me it was when the boys were 8 and 10, Meg being a extremely longhaired Border Collie was moulting everywhere, in my frustration one day I said (to the dog) you need a poodle cut.
When I came home from work, I was greeted by Mom, who very sheepishly said, ''I think your not going to be best pleased with the boys, and by the way they are up stairs in thier bedroom'' I asked why and she said '' take a look at Meg'' Poor Meg, looked like she'd be through a harvester....there was a bald bit in the middle across the saddle, no fur on the tail till you got to the end where a long bush hung down, all the rough was gone and a ribbon stuck on her head That taught me a lesson
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
With me it was when the boys were 8 and 10, Meg being a extremely longhaired Border Collie was moulting everywhere, in my frustration one day I said (to the dog) you need a poodle cut.
When I came home from work, I was greeted by Mom, who very sheepishly said, ''I think your not going to be best pleased with the boys, and by the way they are up stairs in thier bedroom'' I asked why and she said '' take a look at Meg'' Poor Meg, looked like she'd be through a harvester....there was a bald bit in the middle across the saddle, no fur on the tail till you got to the end where a long bush hung down, all the rough was gone and a ribbon stuck on her head That taught me a lesson

pmsl

brilliant !!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
pmsl

brilliant !!
The thing that spring to mind is ''how daft was the dog
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Been giggling away to myself at the image some of these stories conjour up - brilliant