View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Great news Benzmum, sounds like a very positive day for you. Its a big achievement to get through it with lots of people about, and lots of things going on, it does kind of make your head spin. I can understand about the curtain it is like they are shutting off your escape route isn't it. Hope you have another positive day today. Good Luck.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Really glad to hear people are still on an upward spiral.

Me, I'd say I'm on 80% good at the moment. Mainly because of the move really. It takes me ages to settle in and become familiar with the new surroundings. I desperately need a haircut, but because I'm not yet familiar with my surroundings, I keep putting it off. I'm even thinking of travelling to my old county to get it cut (a two-hour round trip) because I know the barber, the shop, and everything around it.

Once I go to a new place and take my previously mentioned mental photo of it, so that I can count things in future, I'm okay. But the first trip anywhere - I always hate it so much. It just takes so much focus and effort that it's easier to run to the safety of what I know, regardless of how inconvenient it is.

Hey, we could all arrange a meeting, in the full knowledge that none of us would turn up!

Keep at it...
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Good to see you back online hope things are well for you.

Glad you are settling in. I have been back at work this week after 4 weeks off it has been scary as h*ll but I have so far managed. On new meds and am trying really hard to stay focussed!!

I know what you mean about a haircut...mine SO badly needs cut but I am too scred in case I have a panic attack, thought about getting someone to come to the house but then freaked out at the thought of a stranger in my house

Ah well next months goal for us both eh!!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, without wanting to tempt fate.....I have made it through a whole 4 days thats nearly a week at work :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

Only tomorrow to go and I t will be a full week!!

Though I am in the office all day tomorrow which is a bit of a prob as thats where I get quite claustrophobic / panicy But I will have dogsey up on the PC so be prepared for this thread to get several updates throughout the day!!

Hope you guys all doing well and things still good for you all.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Well done Benzmum,
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I am the same with going to have my haircut, it was so out of shape and control, as I have wavy hair, I couldn't stick it any more so had a cousin of mine cut it for me she is not a hairdresser but at least it was cut fairly tidy. The time before that I actually cut it myself, I had had such a bad day and thought right of it comes, so got a scissors and started chopping away out of sheer desperation. Well the front was ok but couldn't see the back so had to guess. But there when I look in the mirror I only see the front anyway. When my daughter came down she said well its not too bad. Mind you it couldn't have been that good for my cousin to offer to cut it for me next time.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
Really glad to hear people are still on an upward spiral.

Me, I'd say I'm on 80% good at the moment. Mainly because of the move really. It takes me ages to settle in and become familiar with the new surroundings. I desperately need a haircut, but because I'm not yet familiar with my surroundings, I keep putting it off. I'm even thinking of travelling to my old county to get it cut (a two-hour round trip) because I know the barber, the shop, and everything around it.

Once I go to a new place and take my previously mentioned mental photo of it, so that I can count things in future, I'm okay. But the first trip anywhere - I always hate it so much. It just takes so much focus and effort that it's easier to run to the safety of what I know, regardless of how inconvenient it is.

Hey, we could all arrange a meeting, in the full knowledge that none of us would turn up!

Keep at it...
80% is good

Have you thought about getting a mobile hairdresser in to cut your hair? At least you'll be in your home and in familiar surroundings.

Good to see you back

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Well, without wanting to tempt fate.....I have made it through a whole 4 days thats nearly a week at work :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

Only tomorrow to go and I t will be a full week!!

Though I am in the office all day tomorrow which is a bit of a prob as thats where I get quite claustrophobic / panicy But I will have dogsey up on the PC so be prepared for this thread to get several updates throughout the day!!

Hope you guys all doing well and things still good for you all.
That's fantastic As hard as it will be, try and remain positive tomorrow
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Well guys I DID IT :smt041:smt041 :smt041 :smt041

A whole week at work, a whole full week except for docs appts. Thats the most I have been in since end of May!!!!

I am totally washed out and shattered but I made it

And today some really kind person who works on the same floor but not same dept as me brought me across a CD to listen to that she used when she was suffering crazy anxiety. She said it really helped and we got talking about symptoms treatments etc and our stories are so similar/. It was good to to actually meet someone...that does not mean its not great to talk to you guys but this person was in front of mme!!

Only prob is she has a new job and leaves in the next couple of weeks but I will hopefully gradually get better.

I am SOOO relieved this week is over I am freaking out about my meeting with head of HR on 17th at 10.30 but really hope if they were going to give me warning P45 etc they wouldnt wait till after I had been back 2 weeks

Anyway away to pour a glass of chilled white wine and try to relax.

Hope you are all ok? - Thanks everyone for your support ideas and encouragement
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Congratulations and well done.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 04:19 PM
How are we all doinmg?

I havn't been along to ward 6 as I am scared they will keep me in (must be the anxiety!!

Anyway just dropping by to let you all know I got a bus to work today.

It is the first time I have been on a bus since mid - april

Hope you are all well and hope tomorrow as good here

Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 >