Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 08:45 PM

Meet my latest Foster Fudge

Heres fudgey , picked up by the dog warden in Northampton (lovely young man by the way) from a lady who said she had found him Funny it slipped out when he asked what he's been fed on that she had fed him some of her tea a couple of days before , But thats by the by because we will never know.

Fudge is a typical puppy but unfortunately he has a few problems, he has a small hernia but thats the least of his problems, Fudge has a suspected broken jaw where we believe he's been kicked, he has been seen by a vet so has painkillers and AB for that, his worst problem is his front legs, we're not quiet sure whether he was born like this or its been a case of poor diet but they are curled at the knees and he walks on his knuckles,we will find out on Monday when we take him to our vets and decide on how we are going to start to get this sorted, i suspect a trip to the orthopeadic surgeon will be in order

We know two other rescues knocked him back because of the potential costs involved, to those other rescues from me personally, i don't know how you could have refused to help this lad, he's a baby and if ever there was a need for a rescue to step in and help him this was it but then again if you had he wouldn't be laid on the sofa at the side of me and once we sort him he will probably live a full and active life.

Yes we potentially have another massive vets bill to fund, and we know all the arguments about why help one when you could help more for the same cost, but we have never refused a dog because of vets costs or turned a dog away because we are helping one like fudge, and we never will, and we'll manage somehow we always do, and after all how could we refuse this little chunky monk.

Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 08:53 PM
forgot to say he's only 10 weeks old
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Awww Liz thats just so sad, he is such a lovely boy and very cute. Lets hope that NESSR can do all they can for him regarding the vets bills. He deserves a better start in life than the one he has been dealt
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Well done for taking him in-I hope the vets can do something about his legs poor little mite.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 09:16 PM
omg this has just had me in tears seeing that lovely boy shoved out of his home because he has disability's.
how can people be so cruel
you are wonderful for taking him in and I will be watching with anticipation on his progresses. good luck with everything Lizzy and give him a cuddle from me
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Will follow his story with interest.....great name by the way!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Poor little beggar.

At least he'll get the right level of care now though, please keep us posted.
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Poor wee guy, when you hear stories like this it makes me realise how much I prefer dogs to people.

Thank God he is safe with NESSR now, please keep updated how he gets on/if you guys are doing any fundraising for his vet bills.

Deedee x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Poor little boy.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 01:45 AM
oh, his story and those pics are heartbreaking... poor boy...

i hope he recovers well, and finds his forever home. please keep us updated on the wee boys progress!

oh deedee made a good point, are you doing fund raising for the vets bills? maybe dogsey members could help in some way?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »