Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Nav some people do still put their efforts into REALLY caring about the dogs I cannot stop campaigning against what I see as cruelty but I can also do what I can for the dogs. If you are going to put me in the category of people who don’t REALLY care I may as well stop home checking, transporting (when I can), fostering and having greyhounds of my own.

Can I ask what you think of anti’s who actually take greyhounds on? Do you think, as some pro’s do that they shouldn’t or that they are only doing it to ‘look’ good, if they don’t REALLY care?

Mine neither nor many of the numerous independant rescues around the country - does that mean the work they do means nothing though?

Coventry is/was a dump that’s for sure oh and before any pro’s start I mean the track not the city or especially the Ricoh!

Chaz can I ask what experience you have, ie attending races, dealing with trainers, rescues, fostering etc? Just interested as a bystander who doesn’t REALLY care of course. If the BSFA is no good for your dogs why don’t you put them in rescue and get some that are?

I have but that doesn’t mean I care in your book anyway or does?

Sorry but I find that disgusting how could you let your dog (I do assume they are btw) out naked!!! Could of got arrested! Ness was out in the snow today, same as my old girl, don’t like to sit unless its in 5 inches of snow – go figure a greyhound! But you are right we do all love them - even us antis or should that be aunties?
Personally, aslong as the greyhound is loved, warm, comfy, fed, exercised etc I couldn't give a damn if the antis, the queen or the pope adopted one, it's the dogs that matter. It's a little silly for any pro to say an anti has only adopted a retired racer to 'look good', I won't be keeping my racers until old age to make myself 'look good' to the antis and it works both ways.

Yes, it does. Actions speak louder than words.

Both pictured are girlies, it wasn't long until she came running back to me with a 'please put my rugs on!!' look in her eyes How old is your old girl?
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 11:43 PM
What that it goes on elsewhere? I think pretty much everyone on here knows that but that, to some, doesnt mean we should not do everything to stop cruelty where ever it happens not justify it because it goes on elsewhere.
You cannot 'right' all of the 'wrong' in the world though Spot, say you did achieve your goal of abolishing greyhound racing, worldwide (personally think it won't happen in my lifetime!), what next? There will still be animal cruelty and aslong as man is on this earth it will continue. And it's not just animals, lions eating zebras alive, comodo dragons eating mammals when they're still alive. I'm afraid it's life, though I'm not condoning it.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 11:45 PM
What that it goes on elsewhere? I think pretty much everyone on here knows that but that, to some, doesnt mean we should not do everything to stop cruelty where ever it happens not justify it because it goes on elsewhere.
No, that:

1. Like Chaz, I accept and understnd that there is bad in the greyhound industry, and like her, don't agree with it.

2. That there is infact, dispite what some here, would want us all to believe,people in the industry who, give a toss about their dogs.

3. Yes, pointing out, that it does go on in other industries, and is not just specific to greyhounds.

4. I've never said that it should be used as a justification for the bad that does go on.

I do however, respect anyone who stand up/campaign or in other ways fight for what they believe in, even if, I don't always agree with them, and that is in general, not just relating to dogs.

I just don't agree that all people involved in greyhounds, don't care about their dogs, I refuse to generalise an entire group of people like that. Itslike saying that all hells angels are murderers, or that all muslims are terrorists, because of the actions of some.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
My posts more often than not contain ‘good factual evidence’ – which you can neither argue with and therefore the courtesy to even acknowledge. I have never stated the bookies give £8,000 a year to help with the re-homing of greyhounds – so you are in fact confused or lying.

Where do you get your evaluation of a drop in 7500 pups born since 2006?
Can you rephrase your question, as I’m really not sure what you are trying to say.

The citizens of Massachusetts voted to abolish greyhound racing only last year – as a consequence, the dog tracks in this county ran their last races on 31st December 2009. Hooray!!!!!!!!!

The UK will eventually follow in America’s footsteps.

I can’t comment on Dianne Henry as I don’t know anything about her but The Dogs programme did a similar article on Graham Hutt, two years ago and guess who has just lost his license for keeping dogs in allegedly filthy conditions? Just goes to show how deceptive these programmes can be.

I already do put a lot of time and effort into rescue – I transport, foster, network and care for 3 ex racers as well as 2 lurchers.

I didn’t know there was a ‘services to retired greyhounds’ list. Regardless – I’m not one for seeking credit and wouldn’t want to be acknowledged for cleaning up the industry’s waste – I do it unconditionally for the dogs and not for praise or to saitisfy some self serving need.
You got the link for Graham Hutt? I know how you get 'link withdrawl symptoms' if you don't post one every few hours... Please see the funny side of that comment. Wonder if they checked the horses aswell?

We won't follow in their footsteps, I mean, A) that's one state not a country as a whole, many states have banned wolfdogs/wolf hybrids, they're legal throughout Europe and B) Just as Ireland hasn't followed in our footsteps regarding several major issues (non greyhound related) I'm very sure that we won't be banning greyhound racing in the near future. The government (Labour government ) has made such a mess of the country financially that they need every penny of those gambling taxes.

ETS: 7500 pups is an estimatation, but I know how very fond of those you are. But it was in a leading greyhound mag, Jan issue.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
No, that:

1. Like Chaz, I accept and understnd that there is bad in the greyhound industry, and like her, don't agree with it.

2. That there is infact, dispite what some here, would want us all to believe,people in the industry who, give a toss about their dogs.

3. Yes, pointing out, that it does go on in other industries, and is not just specific to greyhounds.

4. I've never said that it should be used as a justification for the bad that does go on.

I do however, respect anyone who stand up/campaign or in other ways fight for what they believe in, even if, I don't always agree with them, and that is in general, not just relating to dogs.

I just don't agree that all people involved in greyhounds, don't care about their dogs, I refuse to generalise an entire group of people like that. Itslike saying that all hells angels are murderers, or that all muslims are terrorists, because of the actions of some.
Great post
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
and like her, don't agree with it.
And that is the feelings of the vast majority within the industry. Look at the uproar over Zigzag kennels before C's statement. They were all totally appalled.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Great post
Thanks Chaz.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Harlow hold social events [/url]
Called Greyhound racing
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post

The experience I have is from talking to people involved in the sport, I use to be a anti, look back in this thread, I even got a added rep from you , but I've listened to people, went to a few races, volunteered in a rescue home for Staffs,

Think thats all we Pro Racing people ask, By all means listen to the Antis but go and look for your selves and then make up your mind.

Will be interested on your experiance of working in a racing kennel
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
What that it goes on elsewhere? I think pretty much everyone on here knows that but that.
But not to the extremes that you have stated in the past.
Page 98 of 157 « First < 48 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 108 148 > Last »