Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I so hoped you wouldn't make me do this!

Posted are pictures of dogs---which had arthritis?

rune
I actually am gobsmacked, really I am. There was me thinking Id shown you photos of dogs with bowed and deformed fronts, and here are you asking such a silly question!! Did I for one second say any of those pictures I posted showed dogs with arthritis? No!!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I actually am gobsmacked, really I am.
You mean you can't tell from the dogs construction if they are suffering or likely to suffer from arthritis???

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Anyone else care to hazard a guess?

I chose front leg view as much as possible.

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:33 AM
You mean you can't tell from the dogs construction if they are suffering or likely to suffer from arthritis???

rune
Oh likely to? changing your mind again? You can do better than that Lynn, surely?

*see added bit*
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Anyone else care to hazard a guess?

I chose front leg view as much as possible.

rune
Lynn you are really demonstrating your ignorance here, I didnt post pics of dogs with arthritis, I posted pictures of working bred dogs with deformed fronts, you need to pay closer attention,
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Lynn you are really demonstrating your ignorance here, I didnt post pics of dogs with arthritis, I posted pictures of working bred dogs with deformed fronts, you need to pay closer attention,
<<<,Here are some examples of bowed legs in working bred springers. It doesnt take a world class geneticist to realise they are deformed, and deformities cause problems, especially when that animal is expected to work all day.>>>

<<<<Springers, working bred, in many cases have deformed, bowed front legs, out at the elbow and worse than any Bulldog you will ever find. Many of these dogs go on to develop horrible arthritis because of the deformities that have been ignored because while it was young it could pick up a pheasant! >>>>

You posted to say that deformities caused problems-----so I am sure you can tell which dogs in the pictures had/have problems---after all several 'deformities' are obvious in the pictures----possibly the worst being the show bred dog amongst them!

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I will repeat this question---yes or no answer will suffice.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I'll also repeat my offer to anyone else----care to hazard a guess?

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 12:15 PM
<<<,Here are some examples of bowed legs in working bred springers. It doesnt take a world class geneticist to realise they are deformed, and deformities cause problems, especially when that animal is expected to work all day.>>>

<<<<Springers, working bred, in many cases have deformed, bowed front legs, out at the elbow and worse than any Bulldog you will ever find. Many of these dogs go on to develop horrible arthritis because of the deformities that have been ignored because while it was young it could pick up a pheasant! >>>>

You posted to say that deformities caused problems-----so I am sure you can tell which dogs in the pictures had/have problems---after all several 'deformities' are obvious in the pictures----possibly the worst being the show bred dog amongst them!

rune
I will repeat this question---yes or no answer will suffice.

rune
I'll also repeat my offer to anyone else----care to hazard a guess?

rune
What is it with you? Of course deformities can cause problems, can you not see that? How the flip can anyone tell from the pictures if a dog will get something in years to come? Dont you get that? If a dog has a deformity that reduces its ability to move correctly, can you not see that it stands an increased chance of suffering later on? Who said they can see from a photo? ONLY YOU DID!!

The pictures of dogs with bowed fronts, never at any time I have I said they will all get problems, and never have I put pictures up saying those dogs have problems either. Just stop being so silly Lynn.
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2011, 12:25 PM
She is dog focused, I admire that. I don't agree with everything she says or does and I will say when I don't, but at her heart? I think she is a good person who is in it for the dogs. She loves dogs and goes the extra mile and beyond for them. Yes, I totally support and admire that .

I also think some dog people aren't necessarily people people...[/QUOTE]

Funny how you say she goes the extra mile. She has been asked a few times Does she indeed contribute to FCR research? Did she submit tissue samples to research being carrried out for FCR? She has seemingly had 2 FCR die young from cancer and is disgusted by the fact this can happen to young dogs so how is she actually helping research her own breed----- by mouthing off that's it

I do not work with rescue dogs but do find the fact on her rescue website the info states----- adoption fee £180 now this seemingly states it includes neuturing/ spaying. Well according to other part of her website it states--- most dogs/ bitches are done in the pounds they collect from and if not it's up to adoptee although she does advice them to get it done. I find this a bit weird to say the least
Page 98 of 103 « First < 48 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 > Last »