Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
And to lighten the mood... Greyhounds...because lets face it ... we ALL love them

Disclaimer - before the anti brigade comment on one of them not being rugged...she had just been given a massage and had a hoon around naked
Great - lovely photo!
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
=Navajo;1859605]Coventry, like Walthamstow was/is poorly run and poorly managed. And unless you know more than the people on the inside, it hasn't been closed for good....yet!
Dream on.......... I suppose Reading, Hull, Swansea were poorly managed as well and Wimbledon has had to close half its stadium because thats only slightly poorly run?

Don't need to dream. Swansea is the only track I can speak about as it's the only one I have proper knowledge of. If you think the track is finished due to lack of support, your very misguided. A very wealthy couple of men wanted to take this track on, spend several million and get it licenced. Unfortunately Swansea felt there was more money in industrial units - possibly true, though the road is full of empty ones. The track raised tens of thousands of pounds for charity but yes, it was poorly managed by the leasee's. How you can comment on a track that I would lay money down that you have never even been to is quite beyond me.

Errrrr....let me think - 1p meal deal? £5 Credit Cruncher? Free entrance or free bet or free drink or free food?
Take your pick![/QUOTE]

Err... let me join you in burning some brain cells.. Mc Donalds sell burgers for 99p....are they struggling? Clever marketing.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:25 PM
What figures? A fall of 4% during a recession???

Raising money for retired greys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwrDz...eature=channel
The figures are from 2008 - BEFORE the recession

My god that David Hood is aesthetically challenged....poor man - accounts for a lot though.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:26 PM
The figures were for 2008 - before the recession started to kick in....I can't wait for 2009's figures!
No word of a lie at the end of the summer 2007 I said to my mother that economically things were going to get very bad. So I'm sure I'm not the only one who could forsee a recession at that time. And can I remind you that we were in recession during 08!
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:33 PM
No word of a lie at the end of the summer 2007 I said to my mother that economically things were going to get very bad. So I'm sure I'm not the only one who could forsee a recession at that time. And can I remind you that we were in recession during 08!

'Gross domestic product fell by 1.5% in the last three months of 2008 after a 0.6% drop in the previous quarter'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7846266.stm
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:34 PM
The figures are from 2008 - BEFORE the recession

My god that David Hood is aesthetically challenged....poor man - accounts for a lot though.
Lol...
spot
Dogsey Veteran

05-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Seeing as there is no evidence at all to suggest that the sport, industry, game, call it what you want will be abolished in the near future I'd much rather see those that REALLY care about the dogs putting their efforts into working with the re-homing kennels, trainers, owners e.t.c into what really does count for these dogs, which by the way, isn't a slanging match on an internet forum where we go around and around in circles.

I see neither of your names in the services to retired greyhounds list... funny that.
Nav some people do still put their efforts into REALLY caring about the dogs I cannot stop campaigning against what I see as cruelty but I can also do what I can for the dogs. If you are going to put me in the category of people who don’t REALLY care I may as well stop home checking, transporting (when I can), fostering and having greyhounds of my own.

Can I ask what you think of anti’s who actually take greyhounds on? Do you think, as some pro’s do that they shouldn’t or that they are only doing it to ‘look’ good, if they don’t REALLY care?

Mine neither nor many of the numerous independant rescues around the country - does that mean the work they do means nothing though?

Coventry, like Walthamstow was/is poorly run and poorly managed. And unless you know more than the people on the inside, it hasn't been closed for good....yet!

:
Coventry is/was a dump that’s for sure oh and before any pro’s start I mean the track not the city or especially the Ricoh!

Originally Posted by chaz View Post
he's also just one of the trainers there are many trainers there, he is probaly classed that because he has had a lot of winners, they say in the article that he is up for winning a award because of this, but there are plenty of other trainers there, one of them trained the dog where I live, who now lives with her owner, and is being subjected to sleeping on the couch through out the day, with two of the mans reletives walking her throughout the day, and then him walk her when he gets home from work

I'm not denying what is happening to some of the Greyhounds, and I don't like it, but there is bad every where, I know of a rescue and a person who was a KC judge who were very 'bent' too, it doesn't mean that every rescue or every judge is bad does it, far from it.

Also going back to the BSFA I really don't think that it will be for my dogs, because as I said earlier they are crosses, and all through the website it mentions breeds, espcially this bit,

I've emailed them anyway, as they might be able to help, but I'm still looking forward to the possibilty of helping out at a Greyhound kennels
Chaz can I ask what experience you have, ie attending races, dealing with trainers, rescues, fostering etc? Just interested as a bystander who doesn’t REALLY care of course. If the BSFA is no good for your dogs why don’t you put them in rescue and get some that are?

Someone was clearly bored, perhaps you should suggest they spend their day at a local rescue kennel, far more productive than typing twaddle.

I have but that doesn’t mean I care in your book anyway or does?

And to lighten the mood... Greyhounds...because lets face it ... we ALL love them

Disclaimer - before the anti brigade comment on one of them not being rugged...she had just been given a massage and had a hoon around naked
Sorry but I find that disgusting how could you let your dog (I do assume they are btw) out naked!!! Could of got arrested! Ness was out in the snow today, same as my old girl, don’t like to sit unless its in 5 inches of snow – go figure a greyhound! But you are right we do all love them - even us antis or should that be aunties?
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I'm not denying what is happening to some of the Greyhounds, and I don't like it, but there is bad every where, I know of a rescue and a person who was a KC judge who were very 'bent' too, it doesn't mean that every rescue or every judge is bad does it, far from it.
Totally agree, though, I think you're waisting your time trying to explain that.

Also going back to the BSFA I really don't think that it will be for my dogs, because as I said earlier they are crosses, and all through the website it mentions breeds, espcially this bit,

I've emailed them anyway, as they might be able to help, but I'm still looking forward to the possibilty of helping out at a Greyhound kennels
Good luck, and enjoy it.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

05-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Totally agree, though, I think you're waisting your time trying to explain that.
What that it goes on elsewhere? I think pretty much everyone on here knows that but that, to some, doesnt mean we should not do everything to stop cruelty where ever it happens not justify it because it goes on elsewhere.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Nav some people do still put their efforts into REALLY caring about the dogs I cannot stop campaigning against what I see as cruelty but I can also do what I can for the dogs. If you are going to put me in the category of people who don’t REALLY care I may as well stop home checking, transporting (when I can), fostering and having greyhounds of my own.

Can I ask what you think of anti’s who actually take greyhounds on? Do you think, as some pro’s do that they shouldn’t or that they are only doing it to ‘look’ good, if they don’t REALLY care?

Mine neither nor many of the numerous independant rescues around the country - does that mean the work they do means nothing though?

Coventry is/was a dump that’s for sure oh and before any pro’s start I mean the track not the city or especially the Ricoh!

Chaz can I ask what experience you have, ie attending races, dealing with trainers, rescues, fostering etc? Just interested as a bystander who doesn’t REALLY care of course. If the BSFA is no good for your dogs why don’t you put them in rescue and get some that are?

I have but that doesn’t mean I care in your book anyway or does?

Sorry but I find that disgusting how could you let your dog (I do assume they are btw) out naked!!! Could of got arrested! Ness was out in the snow today, same as my old girl, don’t like to sit unless its in 5 inches of snow – go figure a greyhound! But you are right we do all love them - even us antis or should that be aunties?
Well maybe I will! Seriously what a ridiculious comment, you don't know anything about me and my dogs, all the stuff that we have gone through, and how much Diesel has changed since I got him, I could of given him up long ago if I didn't love him, he sure has been hard work, and now I want to look for something that would be for fun for me and the dogs.

The experience I have is from talking to people involved in the sport, I use to be a anti, look back in this thread, I even got a added rep from you , but I've listened to people, went to a few races, volunteered in a rescue home for Staffs, and got a little experience from Greyhound kennels from that aswell, I had a friend in scholl whose Auntie bred and raced these dogs too, and saw hers occanisally, although I've since lost contact, well a lot has happened since school!! I've also learnt a lot more about working dogs too, and I plan on getting a lot more experience from these kennels.

Oh and I use to have a Greyhound is for life, not just for racing sticker too, and had in it the family car.

Originally Posted by tazer View Post

Good luck, and enjoy it.
Thank you Tazer I plan too aswell

Originally Posted by spot View Post
What that it goes on elsewhere? I think pretty much everyone on here knows that but that, to some, doesnt mean we should not do everything to stop cruelty where ever it happens not justify it because it goes on elsewhere.
Its not justifying it, its just stating facts, Greyhound racing is a sport that people have very high opionions of, one way or the other, its kind of like marmite in a way things happen there, but things happen everywhere, if you really wanted to stop cruelty to animals you would stop people having them, as that would be one sure fire way, oh and you'd also have to stop people getting into contact with wild animals too, as there have been people who cover them in glue, and hit them with golf clubs.
Page 97 of 157 « First < 47 87 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 107 147 > Last »