View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Someone was clearly bored, perhaps you should suggest they spend their day at a local rescue kennel, far more productive than typing twaddle.

3.2% I'm sorry, but during a recession, what a fantastic figure, for attendances to drop by less than 4% during the worst recession the UK has seen in a 100 years. That's great news.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:44 PM
And to lighten the mood... Greyhounds...because lets face it ... we ALL love them

Disclaimer - before the anti brigade comment on one of them not being rugged...she had just been given a massage and had a hoon around naked
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Aww great pic Navajo
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Jodie - Your posts are full of estimates and guess work, you state in one post that the bookies give £8000 a year to help with the re-homing of greyhounds, that's a complete untruth, in 2002 Romford bookies gave £8000, that's one track. The sum is now considerably more nationwide.
My posts more often than not contain ‘good factual evidence’ – which you can neither argue with and therefore the courtesy to even acknowledge. I have never stated the bookies give £8,000 a year to help with the re-homing of greyhounds – so you are in fact confused or lying.

John - You state that if overproduction of greyhound pups stopped there would be a huge decline in dogs in rescue kennels, I argued that it would be a mere drop in the ocean, a statement that I stand by. In 2009 there were 7500 less puppies born than back in 2006. So do we expect to see empty rescue kennels in 2011? Or should we already be seeing empty rescue kennels seeing as Jodie and yourself maintain that a huge percentage of pups never make it to the track.
Where do you get your evaluation of a drop in 7500 pups born since 2006?
Can you rephrase your question, as I’m really not sure what you are trying to say.

The video below is the side of greyhound racing I know, whether licenced or flapping and she is one of the big futures for the sport. Yes, we all know there is a nasty side to it, a side which unfortunately is evident in any walk of life, whether business, sport, culture or religion, we all know there are huge improvements to be made, nobody is denying that. Seeing as there is no evidence at all to suggest that the sport, industry, game, call it what you want will be abolished in the near future I'd much rather see those that REALLY care about the dogs putting their efforts into working with the re-homing kennels, trainers, owners e.t.c into what really does count for these dogs, which by the way, isn't a slanging match on an internet forum where we go around and around in circles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxiuJf3npY

I see neither of your names in the services to retired greyhounds list... funny that.
The citizens of Massachusetts voted to abolish greyhound racing only last year – as a consequence, the dog tracks in this county ran their last races on 31st December 2009. Hooray!!!!!!!!!

The UK will eventually follow in America’s footsteps.

I can’t comment on Dianne Henry as I don’t know anything about her but The Dogs programme did a similar article on Graham Hutt, two years ago and guess who has just lost his license for keeping dogs in allegedly filthy conditions? Just goes to show how deceptive these programmes can be.

I already do put a lot of time and effort into rescue – I transport, foster, network and care for 3 ex racers as well as 2 lurchers.

I didn’t know there was a ‘services to retired greyhounds’ list. Regardless – I’m not one for seeking credit and wouldn’t want to be acknowledged for cleaning up the industry’s waste – I do it unconditionally for the dogs and not for praise or to saitisfy some self serving need.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Thats right each to their own, such a shame you have a problem with that!!!

Dead and dying ..... if you say so
The industry say so - the figures speak for themselves - it cant be denied.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Good post.
Absolute pathetic post IMO
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=Navajo;1859584]
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
to my knowledgeQUOTE]

Which is quite small.

Can I ask, if the paper trail goes cold, why I have I been contacted since purchasing another racer for the flaps? Why did I have to fill in a form?
I have no idea? What form are you referring to and who has contacted you - where did you buy the dog from?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:13 PM
=Navajo;1859605]Coventry, like Walthamstow was/is poorly run and poorly managed. And unless you know more than the people on the inside, it hasn't been closed for good....yet![/QUOTE]

Dream on.......... I suppose Reading, Hull, Swansea were poorly managed as well and Wimbledon has had to close half its stadium because thats only slightly poorly run?

I hope the top comment is a joke, of course people go to Harlow to watch greyhounds run, what other reason do you go to a greyhound stadium?
Errrrr....let me think - 1p meal deal? £5 Credit Cruncher? Free entrance or free bet or free drink or free food?
Take your pick!
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
The industry say so - the figures speak for themselves - it cant be denied.
What figures? A fall of 4% during a recession???

Raising money for retired greys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwrDz...eature=channel
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Someone was clearly bored, perhaps you should suggest they spend their day at a local rescue kennel, far more productive than typing twaddle.

3.2% I'm sorry, but during a recession, what a fantastic figure, for attendances to drop by less than 4% during the worst recession the UK has seen in a 100 years. That's great news.
The figures were for 2008 - before the recession started to kick in....I can't wait for 2009's figures!
Page 96 of 157 « First < 46 86 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 106 146 > Last »