Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
I never judged you either........

Would that be Oxford?
Just have a look at Harlow Jodie...
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Jodie - Your posts are full of estimates and guess work, you state in one post that the bookies give £8000 a year to help with the re-homing of greyhounds, that's a complete untruth, in 2002 Romford bookies gave £8000, that's one track. The sum is now considerably more nationwide.

John - You state that if overproduction of greyhound pups stopped there would be a huge decline in dogs in rescue kennels, I argued that it would be a mere drop in the ocean, a statement that I stand by. In 2009 there were 7500 less puppies born than back in 2006. So do we expect to see empty rescue kennels in 2011? Or should we already be seeing empty rescue kennels seeing as Jodie and yourself maintain that a huge percentage of pups never make it to the track.

The video below is the side of greyhound racing I know, whether licenced or flapping and she is one of the big futures for the sport. Yes, we all know there is a nasty side to it, a side which unfortunately is evident in any walk of life, whether business, sport, culture or religion, we all know there are huge improvements to be made, nobody is denying that. Seeing as there is no evidence at all to suggest that the sport, industry, game, call it what you want will be abolished in the near future I'd much rather see those that REALLY care about the dogs putting their efforts into working with the re-homing kennels, trainers, owners e.t.c into what really does count for these dogs, which by the way, isn't a slanging match on an internet forum where we go around and around in circles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxiuJf3npY

I see neither of your names in the services to retired greyhounds list... funny that.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Apparently so - but I'm surprised why someone would want to work in an exploitative, dead and dying industry.

Each to their own I guess.

Thats right each to their own, such a shame you have a problem with that!!!

Dead and dying ..... if you say so
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Yeap its the Oxford one.
The same Oxford dog track Michael Peterson is attached to
http://www.greytexploitations.com/gr...stock-arriving

and he's one of the 'good' trainers.......
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Jodie - Your posts are full of estimates and guess work, you state in one post that the bookies give £8000 a year to help with the re-homing of greyhounds, that's a complete untruth, in 2002 Romford bookies gave £8000, that's one track. The sum is now considerably more nationwide.

John - You state that if overproduction of greyhound pups stopped there would be a huge decline in dogs in rescue kennels, I argued that it would be a mere drop in the ocean, a statement that I stand by. In 2009 there were 7500 less puppies born than back in 2006. So do we expect to see empty rescue kennels in 2011? Or should we already be seeing empty rescue kennels seeing as Jodie and yourself maintain that a huge percentage of pups never make it to the track.

The video below is the side of greyhound racing I know, whether licenced or flapping and she is one of the big futures for the sport. Yes, we all know there is a nasty side to it, a side which unfortunately is evident in any walk of life, whether business, sport, culture or religion, we all know there are huge improvements to be made, nobody is denying that. Seeing as there is no evidence at all to suggest that the sport, industry, game, call it what you want will be abolished in the near future I'd much rather see those that REALLY care about the dogs putting their efforts into working with the re-homing kennels, trainers, owners e.t.c into what really does count for these dogs, which by the way, isn't a slanging match on an internet forum where we go around and around in circles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxiuJf3npY

I see neither of your names in the services to retired greyhounds list... funny that.
Good post.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=Jodie;1858091]to my knowledgeQUOTE]

Which is quite small.

Can I ask, if the paper trail goes cold, why I have I been contacted since purchasing another racer for the flaps? Why did I have to fill in a form?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Just have a look at Harlow Jodie...
Harlow hold social events - which helps to boost attendances. People certainly don't go to Harlow primarily to watch greyhounds racing as a gambling medium.

Just look at the national situation and of course Coventry have closed since this article.
http://www.greytexploitations.com/la...-november-2009
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Harlow hold social events - which helps to boost attendances. People certainly don't go to Harlow primarily to watch greyhounds racing as a gambling medium.

Just look at the national situation and of course Coventry have closed since this article.
http://www.greytexploitations.com/la...-november-2009
Coventry, like Walthamstow was/is poorly run and poorly managed. And unless you know more than the people on the inside, it hasn't been closed for good....yet!

I hope the top comment is a joke, of course people go to Harlow to watch greyhounds run, what other reason do you go to a greyhound stadium?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:35 PM
The same Oxford dog track Michael Peterson is attached to
http://www.greytexploitations.com/gr...stock-arriving

and he's one of the 'good' trainers.......
he's also just one of the trainers there are many trainers there, he is probaly classed that because he has had a lot of winners, they say in the article that he is up for winning a award because of this, but there are plenty of other trainers there, one of them trained the dog where I live, who now lives with her owner, and is being subjected to sleeping on the couch through out the day, with two of the mans reletives walking her throughout the day, and then him walk her when he gets home from work

One of my friends got a Greyhound from a trainer who is associated with oxford last year too called 'Prince' who was rehomed straight from the trainers kennels, as many of the dogs there are.

I'm not denying what is happening to some of the Greyhounds, and I don't like it, but there is bad every where, I know of a rescue and a person who was a KC judge who were very 'bent' too, it doesn't mean that every rescue or every judge is bad does it, far from it.

Also going back to the BSFA I really don't think that it will be for my dogs, because as I said earlier they are crosses, and all through the website it mentions breeds, espcially this bit,

As its name suggests, the BSFA lure courses all breeds of Sighthound including Afghan Hound, Basenji, Borzoi, Greyhound, Ibizan Hound, Irish Wolfhound, Pharaoh Hounds, Saluki, Sloughi, Scottish Deerhound and Whippet.
I've emailed them anyway, as they might be able to help, but I'm still looking forward to the possibilty of helping out at a Greyhound kennels
Page 95 of 157 « First < 45 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 105 145 > Last »