View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 05:51 PM
sounds great Sarah, I'll have a look for it !
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Sarah: can't find it ! Could you be v kind and point me in the right direction !!

ta v much xx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Sarah: can't find it ! Could you be v kind and point me in the right direction !!

ta v much xx

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=84648
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Trouble, thanks for that, but am I being thick or something!! How do I make the video play? I've just got two still photographs as it were. I am sure I AM being thick and everyone is going to crack their sides laughing at me ! Just bear with me folks, and be kind to an old lady!
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-04-2008, 07:13 PM
right click on a picture
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Trouble, thanks for that, but am I being thick or something!! How do I make the video play? I've just got two still photographs as it were. I am sure I AM being thick and everyone is going to crack their sides laughing at me ! Just bear with me folks, and be kind to an old lady!
took me a min too
right click the pick and then click on 'open in a new tab' and it should be there
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 08:49 PM
thanks guys, it's great ! LOVE the dog, he is gorgeous Sarah!
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Thanx, I'll record it on sky+ they're series linked anyway so it will do it automatically.
Well I've seen two different ones both on this thread I think, which is what I was referring to, don't ask me to find them though.

oh good job I went and checked, I record the ones on tuesdays at 6pm on sky 3 not the thursday, but I've now set it to record it.
I think that may be because there is a maximum length of vid you can post on you tube so it's prob the same for other sites?
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I have just finished his first book (bought it yesterday) i couldnt put it down and have just bought the next one. I think he is fantastic the method he uses is so simple and common sense really when you think back to the dogs ancestor the wolf. I in last few days since watching the programme and reading the book have noticed a huge difference in the way i behave towards Noah (newf 9months 120lbs) and the way he behaves around me. I could only walk Noah on a dogmatic a few days ago and over night the change in my energy means i can walk him on collar without being dragged down the street its unbelievable I have been trained not the dog. i truly recommend reading the book!!!!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Hannah: I find his techniques revolutionary too. My parents have just taken on a rescue staffie. They are experienced staffie owners, but are in their 80's and as such are a little wobbly on their pins to say the least! Dad said that the dog would have to go back because he pulled like an express train and he was frightened he was going to get pulled off his feet. I went up to their house, met the dog, who is an absolute darling (not the monster I was led to expect!). I told my mother we would take him out on his lead for a walk. As soon as I picked up the lead, the dog went potty with excitement. I calmed him down within a couple of minutes using calm, assertive energy and letting the dog know that nothing was going to happen until he was sitting. As soon as he was calm, I clipped on the lead and opened the back door. He shot through, so we started again, sitting him back down and not going to open the door until he was calm. He was, so the door was opened, and he rushed out. Ditto above, but this time, when the door was opened, we walked out nicely to heel. I had the lead nice and loose in my left hand. Mum couldn't believe her eyes. He tried once to pull, I snapped out a firm "no", and he dropped back by my side. We continued to walk round the garden, I had to do a couple of firm tugs with a "heel" and a "ah ah", but really that was all. My mother's eyes by this time were out on organ stops !! I have been away for a week since then, but she tells me that the dog is much improved using the loose lead with firm commands if necessary.

I cannot think what all the fuss is about CM - where is the cruelty here? The prong collar? The choke? The terrified dog? The dog is more intelligent I would say than some staffies ... one or two I can remember my parents have had previously were thick as planks, this one is smart ... but the change in him is remarkable and nothing to do with me, other than he recognised me as the boss, whereas my parents by hauling on the lead fruitlessly were just allowing him to master them. I am very much looking forward to going up to see him again to see how he has fared whilst I have been away!
Page 91 of 102 « First < 41 81 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 101 > Last »