Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Surely the number one consideration when breeding should be temperament?!?!?!
No. Temperament, health, being fit for purpose and LOOKING like the breed that they are are all equal in my opinion. You can't have one without the others.
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Absolutely and responsible breeders would not use a health tested dog if it didn't have a good temperament.

My friend has a flat coat btw which is a dual champion, he even won BOB at Crufts after winning the working class.
FCRs are still dual purpose. Lots of working dogs do exceptionally well in the show ring and lots of 'show' dogs go picking up every year. I think people in the breed feel it is really important that continues.
(Which dog is it??? )
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
The most I get asked on discover dogs is coat and running off! They "didnt realise"the coat would need to be stripped, and they "didnt realise" that they would run off, chase things and go down holes!
My OH, as you know, fell in love with the resident BT when we got Cosmo. Smitten....and we did consider a BT but listened very carefully when you said did we really want a dog who would find the rabbit holes, one who would go down it and find the rabbit and one who would then bring said rabbit back to us.... The answer...um no thanks. Still love them though, but yes there are more about and they don't all look as they should and that's to my untrained eye...(having met the best ones others have a high benchmark to live up to )
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Is there any reason she has not been taken to court over the lies?
Because it has only just happened, libel cases can't just be taken to court over night
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Because it has only just happened, libel cases can't just be taken to court over night
I know - I thought you were talking about the lies from the PDE programme. Sorry.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 12:24 PM
I had a Vet contact me the other day wanting a puppy from Livvy, I pointed out she is just 16mths, he replied well thats old enough isnt it?
thats just shocking

They are not easy dogs Hannah, not at all, not unlike a Collie really, full of energy and instinct. Great in the right hands, a nightmare in the wrong hands.
Yes many people just see a compact low main terrier type - dont know the facts at all
Thats why I was mad with my vet friend - health is v important but also got to look at the whole package

Originally Posted by rune View Post
Along with collies, patterdales (nightmare in the wrong hands) and many many JRT's.

rune
Yup thats one reason why I get so mad when I see Americans breeding collies to jrt to make the 'border jack' - a small flyball dogs

Much as I love Mia to death
Mixing a headstrong collie with a headstrong terrier gives the chance for a v difficult dog!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I know - I thought you were talking about the lies from the PDE programme. Sorry.
She wrote about a top winning Shar Pei's parents being unhealthy & yet he was still being bred from-all a load of lies ! Ergo if she lied about something can easily be checked what else has she lied about ???
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 12:40 PM
She wrote about a top winning Shar Pei's parents being unhealthy & yet he was still being bred from-all a load of lies ! Ergo if she lied about something can easily be checked what else has she lied about ???
well I await her prosecution with interest.

actually TBH if any Shar Pei is 'healthy' I'd be surprised. Be a VERY interesting court case.

rune
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't know......DD mentioned something she said about CCs and how that was untrue.
But I was actually asking you as you seem So anti what she has said.
People were very upset and cross about what was said....I assumed as this was the case - either it was untrue (and therefore can be contested) or it is true and people do not want to face up to it?
I had no issues with the programme - and have not looked into her enough to form a judgement - hence I was directing my questions to you, who have obviously looked into her more.

ETA - sorry - I realised I did not phrase it as a question - I was in a bit of a rust this morning.
Apologies.
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I've just read the article in Our Dogs. Basically, she produced a leaflet which she took to the latest APGAW meeting at the House of Commons which stated that the Crufts 2010 BOB parents had died of Amyloidosis and he was still being used at stud. Neither of the dogs had died from it, the sire and grandsire still being alive and the dam died in an accident. She also distributed it electronically, which then spiralled. The owners ended up becoming the subject of a hate campaign.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
Lets hope they do,

Talk about Karma, it has certainly jumped up to bite her backside.

Had to laugh though when she declined to comment to "our dogs" very unlike her

What this proves, is the lengths she will go to to sensationalism, and promoting herself.

This will follow her around for a long time yet, discrediting her every word!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
well I await her prosecution with interest.

actually TBH if any Shar Pei is 'healthy' I'd be surprised. Be a VERY interesting court case.

rune
The Shar Pei concerned was not bred in the UK & is from a very good breeder who produces long lived dogs

She indicated that his father was dead-he isn't he is alive & well. Now that she cannot deny is an out & out lie. I can see the breeder getting involved here after all in the US ligatigation is usually the first option taken rather than the last as in the UK
Page 90 of 103 « First < 40 80 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 100 > Last »