Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
Thank you for your comments.

Should I have to go back to work I will have no problem with my dogs - my youngest would no longer be such a baby that she could not be left should this happen.

My concern here is the age of the pup, not the fact that it is being left, as many happy dogs are, all day.
I know what your concerns are....and I commend you for them I really do, but all I am saying is ;''whats done is done'' and I have witnessed situations exactly the same as this and due to people making the owner feeling guilty they have rehomed the pup....but it's turned out to be the worse thing for the pup.

Both you and I would probably wouldn't buy a puppy, knowing that we were looking for work, having said that, there are people that do, and I have experienced (through rescueing) people that haven't put so much thought into ''what should I do for my puppy whilst I am out'' I have come across situations (one lived at the back of me) where they have gone back to work and turfed the puppy outside all day with no shelter, food. water or a care in the world.

You have given your opinion, and as I say very commendable.....but can you help with a solution. I think people can carry guilt for many years hun.....I had a border Collie once, my ex husband had him PTS out of spite after a row, whilst I was out....thats my guilt, which I will carry for ever......I wouldn't wish anyone to help me feel more guilty
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post

I had a border Collie once, my ex husband had him PTS out of spite after a row, whilst I was out....thats my guilt, which I will carry for ever......I wouldn't wish anyone to help me feel more guilty
I am so sorry to hear that - I can understand your feelings which will always be with you.

Thank you for your reasoned and sensible post. I do see where you are coming from.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 01:23 PM
my ex husband had him PTS out of spite after a row, whilst I was out....thats my guilt, which I will carry for ever......I wouldn't wish anyone to help me feel more guilty
Oh, that is so terrible. How could anyone be so cruel! I don't see why you would feel guilty - how on earth could you have predicted someone would do something so awful You must have been heartbroken!

I agree with all of the rest of your post. Sometimes situations are far from ideal but we all have to make the best of them. Criticising and heaping on guilt really is NOT (in my opinion and obviously many others) the way to go!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 01:25 PM

My guilt...because I knew he was a spiteful man...how spiteful only my dog found out.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 01:28 PM

My guilt...because I knew he was a spiteful man...how spiteful only my dog found out.

Well, I presume he knew how much you loved the dog, so he was not only spiteful but very clever too! I see why he's your "ex"
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
I had a border Collie once, my ex husband had him PTS out of spite after a row, whilst I was out....thats my guilt, which I will carry for ever......I wouldn't wish anyone to help me feel more guilty
(((hugs))) hun, that guilt is not for you to carry xxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Well, I presume he knew how much you loved the dog, so he was not only spiteful but very clever too! I see why he's your "ex"
Your not wrong there....and the rest.

See my Meg soulmate at the bottom of my profile.......he tried but before she suffered, we went.....as you say thats why he's a ex.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 01:37 PM
I think people can carry guilt for many years hun.....I had a border Collie once, my ex husband had him PTS out of spite after a row, whilst I was out....thats my guilt, which I will carry for ever......I wouldn't wish anyone to help me feel more guilty
Aw hun You poor soul, what a rotten, heartless b******!!! So glad you now have Pat
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 01:58 PM
YoungStevie, that is horrendous! Utterly awful. I wish you wouldn't feel guilt about though, that is NOT your fault. The guy is an utter ****.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
My concern here is the age of the pup, not the fact that it is being left, as many happy dogs are, all day.
As I have said before, I do understand your point of view. But, think of it this way, a puppy being brought into this situation will grow up with it, and think of it as the norm. This may in fact be better than an older dog who is used to company all the time, suddenly being without?
Page 9 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >