Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Hello
I am a volunteer homechecker for the oldies club - but have only ever done one check for them - obviously they dont get a lot in scotland. havent done any since having my wee boy.

i would do it for more though as think its a great thing to do. I did volunteer dog walk for dogstrust before my wee boy too but it actually made me so upset going in every week and having to leave the dogs behind - pathetic but true !!!
Well done to you......and cry as much as you like
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
I have had Border Collies for most of my life (with a Cocker Spaniel interlude in the late 60s/70s) and I'm totally daft about them (devoted to my current two), but I recognise their "downside" - the very intelligence that marks them out may result in a hyperactive crazy that can be more Dervish than dog (literally!). And, like people, there's the occasional specimen that's just plain MAD.

BCs have not only to be stimulated mentally, they have to be taught their limits. I can remember an afternoon when Mrs S showed me all the little toothmarks on the back of her leg, "Kali was here!" - almost septic. He wasn't 3 months old, but I remember saying "That dog's nothing but a toerag!" - I'd never had a puppy behave like that before. However, stern talk worked its miracle, the 14 year-old Kali is now a well-behaved, sociable old cuss. A noisy old lummox, I tell him, but the noise is pretty harmless - he just loves the sound of his own voice (and I've met people like that, who were worse.).

Good grief, it's well past bedtime! Nighty-night!

Snorri
You make me laugh at some of your stories..........one day well met.

Back on subject........I am going to give them a call later, see how things are going

Regards Snorri's little story.....I so agree. When our rabbit died recently, Pat bought a tiny guinnea-pig to go with the other one. As it has always been Skye's job to put them away, I thought '''I won't let her till the little one is abit bigger'''' BAD MOVE ...............for everytime I shut the gate on her she waited patiently and as I walked back out of the run....the little bl**er nipped my ar$e. (something she hasn;t done since being small)........ I've given her the job back now.....no more ar$e nipping............such a relief.

But shows what a ''Devilish'' thinker they are.

Sorry off topic......but can see why Lofty was bored
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Been back from Sutton park a couple of hours, we have just had a call from 'Jim'.....................

Lofty has gone to his NEW HOME today to live with Jim and his wife, plus Magic........his Police dog.

He will be living near Hollywood, and will have plenty of fields to run around in.

At the moment his previous owners don't think they want another dog due to thier age, bit Jim has promised that if they do he will go with them to help them choose a suitable companion, also he and some work colleague's have offered to lay some slabs and do a couple of odd jobs next weekend......in payment for Lofty' as they wouldn't except money RESULT
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 05:55 PM
That's great news. It sounds as if he's in the right home at last and I'm sure the old couple find life easier with him though they're bound to miss him at first.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
That's great news. It sounds as if he's in the right home at last and I'm sure the old couple find life easier with him though they're bound to miss him at first.
I would imagin they will....obviously, But a great outcome for Lofty. and Jim seems a real gent. xxx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Been back from Sutton park a couple of hours, we have just had a call from 'Jim'.....................

Lofty has gone to his NEW HOME today to live with Jim and his wife, plus Magic........his Police dog.

He will be living near Hollywood, and will have plenty of fields to run around in.

At the moment his previous owners don't think they want another dog due to thier age, bit Jim has promised that if they do he will go with them to help them choose a suitable companion, also he and some work colleague's have offered to lay some slabs and do a couple of odd jobs next weekend......in payment for Lofty' as they wouldn't except money RESULT
Fantastic news! Best for all concerned. Sounds like Lofty will have a great home, along with some canine company!

That's good that Jim has offered to do a few jobs for them, they'll appreciate that I'm sure.

Are you going to keep in touch with Jim and the old couple? I hope so, I'd like to hear how Lofty is getting on and if the old couple get another dog that's suited to them.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Fantastic news! Best for all concerned. Sounds like Lofty will have a great home, along with some canine company!

That's good that Jim has offered to do a few jobs for them, they'll appreciate that I'm sure.

Are you going to keep in touch with Jim and the old couple? I hope so, I'd like to hear how Lofty is getting on and if the old couple get another dog that's suited to them.
Definately Hun. Felt a little like the middle man, but have struck up a couple of friendships on the way
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Woohoo, such great news.

I bet Lofty will be so much happier.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Woohoo, such great news.

I bet Lofty will be so much happier.
I hope so hun...............well all that just because I stopped to ask if they needed any help.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post

thats the best out come i think ,lofty will have the time of his life kind for them to do the slabs
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9