Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
What is wrong with some folk?

Its the rudness i hate.

When they throw money @ me. When they hold their hand out 4 change i place it on the counter & slide it towards them & watch them pick it up. Really P's them off. hahaha.
that or when you try looking for card for them, they have you root everywhere and then decide to get the first one they picked up!

or when they use a £20 to buy a 79p card and then moan when you give them loads of change - what do they expect!!!!

one woman almost got a crack off me when she turned round and said" you running this place into the ground?" just because she couldnt find the card she wanted!!!
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Or............when the cant be arsed 2 put a card back from where they got it from & just place it anywhere. GRRRRR
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Or............when the cant be arsed 2 put a card back from where they got it from & just place it anywhere. GRRRRR
dont get me starteed about matching envelopes!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Now you've just reminded me of something else there! Why do the shopkeepers always give you that blooming till receipt along with the £10 or £5 note, with the change on top like they do then????? Different when you're paying by card, but a small shop say under £10 and you pay cash and it's food, or a card or whatever, do you honestly think we really want that receipt???? There's a queue of people behind me, I want to make a quick escape and get out of there, but no, I have to fumble around at the till, even though I've loaded my bag which is by this time on my arm, I'm ready to make my escape,but I want to put my £10 note in the back of my purse where it belongs, and the change somewhere else, but I then need two hands to faff around with that stupid receipt right in the middle of it all!!! I don't want to be a litter lout and just drop it, and I also don't want to walk out of the shop into the street holding notes in my hand and a purse either, and I don't want to put that stupid little receipt in my purse with the £10 note, so would you please stop doing that to us!!!!!

And another thing (I'm on a roll here!) back to the old supermarket checkouts. You've been as quick as you can loading all the stuff that the checkout girl is kindly chucking down at you (it helps though if you make them stop that blooming belt! )then when SHE gets to the end (not YOU, SHE has done her bit!!!!)she sits there, stares at you and says that's blah, blah, blah please. You're trying to finish off packing even though you've done it all at breakneck speed, and she makes you look so stupid as if you took aaaaaages packing it coz she's sitting there with that smug look on her face waiting for the money. That in turn makes the next person in the queue take up the same stance as her, blaming YOU for holding her up, so she pushes her trolley right up to the till area, so you get bashed in the knee whilst you're handing over the cash. Yes, I have my purse all ready sitting on the belt next to my handbag, but perleeease let me finish packing this into my trolley!!!! I've got round that now though, I don't hand them my nectar or Tesco card until the end, and this then fills in that gap I'm talking about, so whilst she's busy dealing with my card I can at least sort myself out t'other end! Phew! I feel like I've just done a big shop all over again!!!!!

Rant over, but I'm sure there'll be another one tomorrow coz I'm off to Sainsbury's!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah, we do that because it took us so long to find what we were looking for in the first place?????!!!!!! There's aunties and uncles, nephews and nieces, oh and then there's mum and dad, not forgetting, sister and brother, plus all the in-laws, oh need I say more?????

p.s. we also do it in the supermarket though if we spot something else instead of what we put in our trolley!!! We just can't be assed to walk all the way back to put it where it belongs unless it's a chiller products of course, then I do!!! Well, that's what the staff are there for isn't it????

Taxi.............
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, that's what the staff are there for isn't it????

Taxi.............
now that is a bit rude helena...

we are not here to tidy away stuff you want to buy and then change your mind

we are there to help you purchase something you want not to tidy up after you if we wnated to do that we would be cleaners!

however if you cannot find where something goes back, hand it to a member of staff so they can put it where it belongs!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 06:51 PM
I don't mean to be rude, I'm just owning up to what I do in supermarkets If I've picked up a bottle of blah, and then right at the end of the shop I see the same product but a different make and it's on special, I swap it and leave my other one on the shelf, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this?? Surely not!!! I see "wrong" stuff everywhere when I'm shopping! There are far too many staff in there anyway, wandering aimlessly down the aisles, or offering to pack your bags just so that they look busy, and can you just IMAGINE the look I'm going to get from a member of staff stacking a shelf if I kindly asked them to put it back where I got it from????!!! NO way, you want me to be even more intimidated than I already am by the staff? After all, they are who I'm complaining about in the first place!!!

You've also contradicted yourself there Alex!!! One minute you say I'm being rude for expecting a member of staff to put the item back (as I said it was there job, that's what they're there for) where I originally got it from, and then next minute you're telling me to ask a member of staff to do exactly the same thing because that's what they're there for????!!! So I take it I'm right then, that is exactly what they are paid to do, to tidy up the shop, put things back in their place and be nice to the customers at all times! If you can't be nice to customers no matter what they ask for in your shop, you shouldn't be behind a counter imo

I used to run a canteen a very busy canteen on a building site, and you wouldn't believe some of the comments/remarks we had all day long, and do you think I was ever rude or pee'd off with them? No, because they were my bread and butter, they got what they wanted, no matter how off my menu it was, I always went out of my way to give it to them, we constantly tidied up after their mess day in day out, I took all the flack with a beaming smile on my face and so did my girls, because I had to, and that's what all businesses expect their staff to do, because they get paid for it!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I don't mean to be rude, I'm just owning up to what I do in supermarkets If I've picked up a bottle of blah, and then right at the end of the shop I see the same product but a different make and it's on special, I swap it and leave my other one on the shelf, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this?? Surely not!!! I see "wrong" stuff everywhere when I'm shopping! There are far too many staff in there anyway, wandering aimlessly down the aisles, or offering to pack your bags just so that they look busy, and can you just IMAGINE the look I'm going to get from a member of staff stacking a shelf if I kindly asked them to put it back where I got it from????!!! NO way, you want me to be even more intimidated than I already am by the staff? After all, they are who I'm complaining about in the first place!!!

You've also contradicted yourself there Alex!!! One minute you say I'm being rude for expecting a member of staff to put the item back (as I said it was there job, that's what they're there for) where I originally got it from, and then next minute you're telling me to ask a member of staff to do exactly the same thing because that's what they're there for????!!! So I take it I'm right then, that is exactly what they are paid to do, to tidy up the shop, put things back in their place and be nice to the customers at all times! If you can't be nice to customers no matter what they ask for in your shop, you shouldn't be behind a counter imo

I used to run a canteen a very busy canteen on a building site, and you wouldn't believe some of the comments/remarks we had all day long, and do you think I was ever rude or pee'd off with them? No, because they were my bread and butter, they got what they wanted, no matter how off my menu it was, I always went out of my way to give it to them, we constantly tidied up after their mess day in day out, I took all the flack with a beaming smile on my face and so did my girls, because I had to, and that's what all businesses expect their staff to do, because they get paid for it!
what i meant is that you shouldnt just dump it so someone has to find it and put it back just hand it over to them....

and you honestly think i dont stand there with a smile on my face...i hve to its my mrtgage payment! however we don need rude customers making the job harder!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 07:18 PM
yesterday i went into holland and barretts and the girl behind the desk asked if i was on medication and when i said yes, she said to go and see my pharmacist and ask if its ok. i was most impressed.
and i always say thankyou and have a nice day. and with that woman yesterday i did say that she had been very helpfull.
and once i emailed head office and told them what helpfull staff they had in a particular shop. see i do nice.
but if ive had a rude shop assistant im afraid im reluctant to be nice back at them
and ive got the water board to fight this week, they are charging me 4- quid a month for my water!!!!! ive got a 1 bd bungalow only 2 of us in the place.im waiting for them to put in a water meter.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 07:23 PM
A rare occurrence Bens Mum but it does happen doesn't it!!! Remember my episode with the butchery department in Sainsbury's and then I went somewhere else 10 miles away and had the "nice" lady! I e-mailed head office like she told me to and gave her a bit pat on the back for being so very helpful and pleasant! Yes,it does happen, but unfortunately, the bad outweighs the good doesn't it, hence we have the GOT'S club!

It's so nice when they greet you with a smile, and offer to help like that, but I'm afraid when I get treated like they're doing me a favour even bothering to serve me, I'm afraid it ruffles my feathers, and when they make me feel bad for interrupting their interesting conversation, then sparks fly!!!!
Page 9 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >