Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Usually they are bred without papers or the owner can't find them,etc.....
Taken from EASBTC Club Website
It is usually the policy of any Stafford Rescues,not to issue the dog with KC papers and have the dog neutered before it is rehomed.
and yes do the breeders neuter?
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
well mine is not, mine is that healthy dogs all over this country and the world get desroyed because people want pedigree puppies!
Go back through your posts and count up how many times you've used the name breeder, then you'll see where i'm coming from.
So do a little something about it then. Give the details of this breeder you seem to want to protect and let's take care of at least one bad breeder
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 05:02 PM
i have given my reason, so dont try to guilt me into it please. They are not nice tactics.
If you are so concerned maybe checks should be done on all the merle breeders!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 05:05 PM
How do you gather that my main accusation is making money...it is not, it is that healthy dogs are being destroed!
How about unhealthy, desperately sick dogs in rescue that are not destroyed? Those that are kept in precious kennel space who with the very best intentions should really be put out of their misery?! We took on a few years ago now a rescue x Lab whom was approximately 14-15 years old a dog we 'saved' from rescue who was so cold and arthritic that he could hardly stand that he should have been put of his misery long before we came along and found him! We took him on in October 2003 on the 24th Decemeber 2003 (Yes, Christmas Eve!) we unfortunatley had to have him put to sleep as his back legs kept going from underneath him The rescue that we got him from unfortunately gave us the worst christmas EVER to date by letting us take in a dog that we loved and cared for, for less than three months, what about these kind of dogs that really shouldn't be there in the first place dogs that in less than three months can cause total devestation to a whole family unit?
I don't regret owning him or having him, infact I think we gave him the best possible christmas he could have had by putting him to rest with people around him in a home where for at least those few months he was warm, fed and with people that loved him even if for just a short amount of time!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 05:08 PM
i have given my reason, so dont try to guilt me into it please. They are not nice tactics.
If you are so concerned maybe checks should be done on all the merle breeders!
Oh wind your neck in please. You spout off on here about the ethics of breeders, you have the perfect opportunity to do something about this and perhaps stop this breeder but you stand by and do nothing. I have offered to look into it and have no problems about giving my name to the breed organisations. What are you so afraid of when someone is offering to help.
No guilt implied or intended but your lack of action makes a mockery of everything you've just said and what you say you stand for as an animal campaigner. You go on about overcrowded rescues yet you let the chance go by to stop at least one pup heading in that direction.

I have no more to say on the subject as there are far more interesting threads to contribute to than getting into an argument with someone who has shown their true colours.
Hopefully someone will put us out of our misery and lock this thread as they have with the others. Nothing is to be learnt or gained here
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Where is this rescue. There are not that many blue merle breeders. would you be able to find out the breeders affix as you have a good relationship with the rescue. Is the rescue saying that they are constantly getting dogs in from this woman?
Sadly there are quite a few merle to merle breeders, I came across it a lot as a volunteer for a breed rescue where I used to live, and you know about my BCs, my deaf boys, one also partially sighted, and my deaf girl [ whose origins are not so confirmed but there is more than enough evidence to be very likely ]
I am still trying to eke the details out of my boys` rescue but I was given confirmation that they were from merle to merle breeders when I adopted them, there is no doubt on that at all, [ and they were handed in with their pedigree`s ], but the rescue policy is not to pass on those papers nor to give information which could lead to someone like me going and hammering the breeders door down - as if I would...*cough* [ in other words, hell yes I would and the rescue knows it which is why I have`nt got anywhere on their breeders names for the last nearly 11 years ! ].

I looked up a pedigree on a BC breeding bitch very recently, there were more paired merles, blue pairs, red pairs, and mixes of the two, in her pedigree than you would believe possible in deliberately bred BC lines. I`ll try and find it again and will pm you the link, [ might take me a few days, I have to go through a lot of notes for it ! ], but I won`t put it up here as I am not prepared to give that breeder any publicity.

Edited to add, I know myself that many Tears had a litter of deaf / blind Collie pups in from a merle to merle mating a while back, I would`nt be surprised if the OPs is one of them depending on the age now ? I do know someone whose mum adopted one of them. They have had quite a few in over the years that I heard about from there.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
I've never said you are making it up, I'm asking you to help me try and stop this breeder. I did ask however for the name of the breeder and you said you didn't know it, then in your post above say you don't want to give it out. I found that confusing.
You go on about irresponsible breeders yet when I offer to you a chance to do something about it, you do nothing.
Do you not see that by the rescue constantly taking on these puppies and people like you taking them on you are supplying a demand to this woman. This goes against everything you've been saying. How would the BCCGB being tipped off affect you in any way. She should be named and shamed not protected. I know you have acted in a humane way but indirectly, you and the rescue are supplying a demand for this woman. If she is shown up for the bad breeder she is, people will not go to her, therefore if there is no demand, she will stop breeding as it sounds like money is her only intention, especially at Blue Merles seem to be in fashion again.
I agree, but if rescues dont take them, where do you think they go????
maybe the BCCGB could contact all the rescues about breeders that send in the unwanted and let the rescues decide themselves to give you the info.
I will however talk to the rescue in question myself and get back to you.

I dont know the paticular ladies details myself.
We are not creating demand, the people that want the pedigree puppies are, the rescue is just taking in those that would probably have a lethal end otherwise.
This is the relationship that i am not going to destroy, by handing over details!!!!!!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

and yes do the breeders neuter?
It depends,if they want to show then no,plus you can't neuter 8 week old pups
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

well have just bred my Mastiff bitch,hip and elbow scored,eye tested DNA'd,and am extremely excited with her progress,she is from a long line of my own breeding of fully health tested dogs,I have many people that have owned dogs that have been bought from me in the past on my waiting list,I am hoping to keep two for myself,I have helped with rescue and still do,I have taken in other breeds,as well as crossbreeds/mongrels etc,we have several so called rescues in the south east,and when i've visited,you can hear the dogs coughing,some looking pot bellied with worms etc,(must also ad have seen good ones as well)I would much prefer to go to a reputable breeder that does all the same tests as me,that have healthy puppies,with good hip and elbow scores on the parents,when adopting a pedigree dog from any rescue you will not recieve the paperwork,so you therefore would not be able to exhibit it at Champ or open shows,only the companion shows,
I like mongrels and crossbreds,but my preference is for a well balanced, healthy, well bred dog of my choosing,some rescues want to match you up with a a dog,now this I would not accept under any circumstances,we have all heard of dogs being rehomed from rescues to unsuitable owners,it happens in all avenues,you cannot just lay blame on breeders,it is actually the people involved,
Wendy
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Sadly there are quite a few merle to merle breeders, I came across it a lot as a volunteer for a breed rescue where I used to live, and you know about my BCs, my deaf boys, one also partially sighted, and my deaf girl [ whose origins are not so confirmed but there is more than enough evidence to be very likely ]
I am still trying to eke the details out of my boys` rescue but I was given confirmation that they were from merle to merle breeders when I adopted them, there is no doubt on that at all, [ and they were handed in with their pedigree`s ], but the rescue policy is not to pass on those papers nor to give information which could lead to someone like me going and hammering the breeders door down - as if I would...*cough* [ in other words, hell yes I would and the rescue knows it which is why I have`nt got anywhere on their breeders names for the last nearly 11 years ! ].

I looked up a pedigree on a BC breeding bitch very recently, there were more paired merles, blue pairs, red pairs, and mixes of the two, in her pedigree than you would believe possible in deliberately bred BC lines. I`ll try and find it again and will pm you the link, [ might take me a few days, I have to go through a lot of notes for it ! ], but I won`t put it up here as I am not prepared to give that breeder any publicity.

Edited to add, I know myself that many Tears had a litter of deaf / blind Collie pups in from a merle to merle mating a while back, I would`nt be surprised if the OPs is one of them depending on the age now ? I do know someone whose mum adopted one of them. They have had quite a few in over the years that I heard about from there.
Someone at last that understands!
Page 9 of 32 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »