Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I think it is very sad that people are being slated about the dogs they own, asking for proof of this and that and being shown pictures to supposedly prove they are experts when the poster never mentioned being an expert. The Irish Staffs are here to stay like it or not, they are a lovely breed of dog. It seems to me that people just do not like change and moving on. I have read with interest about northern inuits and see they get the same slating, is it just because these are new breeds as well. If new breeds were never introduced we would have just one type of dog now no poodle, mastiffs, yorkies and so on, just everyone owning the same dog. Why oh why can't people love dogs just for what they are. Imo as long as the dogs are healthy and breeders strive to bring the best out in these new breeds what is the problem?
So you think the supposed recognised breed of the Irish Staffordshire Bull terrier is a new breed?

Also, I have asked for an opinion, on what are 3 breeds of dog, and considering I am wrong in saying the ISBT is not a proper breed, whats wrong with asking? Shay said I am wrong, i am asking his opinion on those 3 dogs, whats the problem?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by kristian View Post
I didn't mean the irish staff is not a pure bred as it is, i ment the designer dogs you mentioned were not purebred!
So its not a designer dog? Really? Why "create" another breed when there is already the Staffordshire Bull Terrier? doing the same thing, bred for the same purpose?

Why isnt the Labradoodle a purebred? It breeds true like the ISBT what makes it any less a pedigree?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
So you think the supposed recognised breed of the Irish Staffordshire Bull terrier is a new breed?

Also, I have asked for an opinion, on what are 3 breeds of dog, and considering I am wrong in saying the ISBT is not a proper breed, whats wrong with asking? Shay said I am wrong, i am asking his opinion on those 3 dogs, whats the problem?
Can I ask why the rolling eyes. I do not profess to be an expert in Irish Staffs. It seems to me that they are not recognized as yet so I would have classed that as a new breed. Showing pics of dogs and asking someone to name them is just like being in a court of law if you get it wrong then you have lost your case.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 12:19 PM
I do love dogs for what they are but I don't believe that a breed known as the Irish Staffy or Irish Bull Terrier existed prior to Pitbulls coming into the UK. If someone has evidence to the contrary then I'd like to see it.
The fact that Ed Reid is involved in some aspects of this 'breed' says enough to me!
By all means love your dogs but don't claim they are something they are not.
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Can I ask why the rolling eyes. I do not profess to be an expert in Irish Staffs. It seems to me that they are not recognized as yet so I would have classed that as a new breed. Showing pics of dogs and asking someone to name them is just like being in a court of law if you get it wrong then you have lost your case.
Rhubarb! If you have read those links you will see they ARE recognised by some governing bodies. I have asked an opinion and that is all. The ISBT IMO is a type of dog NOT a breed of dog as it still is cross bred at times. Im asking which (if any) of those dogs the OP sees as an ISBT, thats all.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Rhubarb! If you have read those links you will see they ARE recognised by some governing bodies. I have asked an opinion and that is all. The ISBT IMO is a type of dog NOT a breed of dog as it still is cross bred at times. Im asking which (if any) of those dogs the OP sees as an ISBT, thats all.
Recognised by some being the operative words here, not all. I have posted with respect and I do expect others to do the same. Thank you.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 12:31 PM
LOTS of breeds are not recognised by all registration authorities, like Plummer Terriers for example, the NI, not regognised by any authority but they see it as a proper breed, Kristian is saying Labradoodles, NI's etc are "designer" breeds what is the ISBT? If you look at the NI, you must admit they are breeding to a type, thats all I see with the ISBT, but only in some instances, certainly not in all, they vary hugely.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Isn't breeding to a type done in a lot of well known breeds Gsd's being one, level backed or sloped back, spaniels welsh type, english type, Poodles in 3 different sizes. Thats the only ones that spring to mind at the moment, but I am sure there is a lot more.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 01:29 PM
The poodles are the same type regardless of size. The thing that worries me the most is people breeding dogs to look of a type that has been banned in the UK, therefore potentially risking their dogs lives. That I find very odd to do.
Becky
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
The poodles are the same type regardless of size. The thing that worries me the most is people breeding dogs to look of a type that has been banned in the UK, therefore potentially risking their dogs lives. That I find very odd to do.
Becky
That certainly is true Becky,Kc reg Staffords,some of them fall under Type,but we have DNA profiling and registrations etc to back this up,so it is easier to get the dog back if taken by the authorities,by breeding this type of dog (not breed as yet)could be dangerous with regards to BSL and the DDA.
Page 9 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >