View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Wow, happy days, loads to read. So far Mrs Pat has me shredding tears but how right she is on the ways of relationships.Kettle on,then I'll put my feet up and get through today's instalment.....who needs to watch soaps?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Evening all - and first of all Lynn and the old beanster, H, I completely agree that it is about time that you stopped trying to be superwomen!! You simply cannot live your "real" lives properly when you are tied to dashing in and out to answer posts on the daily thread - it has become a full time job and it is definitely sufficient to merely open the thread each morning and let it run itself. If you stop for a cup of coffee and feel like a catch up, then fine but otherwise for goodness sake get on with your lives and don't feel guilty for not mentioning each and every poster on here.

My thoughts tonight are with Harvey - most of us know how awful he is feeling right now, and also with Nippy. Huge cuddles to both of you.

Also for Lore who has my utmost sympathies, and I hope that you can work things out in your mind Lore and do what is right for you.

Glorious morning here, but then steady rain from early afternoon onwards - put paid to OH's plans for a bbq

Going to write the final postscript for my fathers bit of the family tree - I cannot put it off forever.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Awww Sally, big hugs and Keshi sends cuddles.

xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Evening Sally. Did you not know I really am Superwoman. have to do 5 twirls every morning but I am finding in old age the pants are getting a bit tight now.

(((Hugs))) for your task this evening.
(((Hugs))) for Harvey and Alenaa too and poor Rianna she must be feeling confused and missing her friend.

I hope Dave gets the car sorted Helena.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening Sally. Did you not know I really am Superwoman. have to do 5 twirls every morning but I am finding in old age the pants are getting a bit tight now.

(((Hugs))) for your task this evening.
(((Hugs))) for Harvey and Alenaa too and poor Rianna she must be feeling confused and missing her friend.

I hope Dave gets the car sorted Helena.
Don't you have to nip into a public phone box to make the transformation work properly?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Don't you have to nip into a public phone box to make the transformation work properly?
I thought that was Superman ? Are you saying I'm a man ?

All these super heroes I can't keep up.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Well, I've been thrown into turmoil here...... Dave has just rung me to say turn the dinner off cos he won't be coming home Well, not tonight anyway. The car he was fixing today went pete tong so he's staying on tonight to get it sorted and probably most of tomorrow Bdooly garage

There I was, sat outside on the wall, chatting with the neighbour's sil having a right old giggle for almost an hour, and said I had to go cos I had to get dinner on for Dave, but now I don't. Anyway, he's cut the lawns front and back saved me a job, and I've talked to him about painting the whole house and he's cheap and can get good, cheap, proper exterior paint mould resistent, and again, it'll save me or Dave the job, so I'm going to let him do it. Mind you, it's gonna take him twice the time cos we do chat a lot lol! I'll get the price before he starts though

Tcht, all disappointed now, another night home alone, and no Corrie on either I don't think, might have to phone a friend and have a good catch up later on.
Oh dagnammit! You were all pleased that he was taking tomorrow off too.

Blokes! huh!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Hi old beanster and have some ((((((((hugs))))))))) and another bar of choklit I found, bit soggy cos June was sat on it when she nodded off, but it's still edibile (I think!).

He's just rung me with the latest on that car. The bloke got half way home and oil started p*ssing out of the engine He came back to Dave's workshop in the loan car and told him of his plight, so off he went to get it. They've been working on it since 5 o'clock but have now managed to find the fault and kind of fix it, but it needs a new part, which means he's got to work all day on it again tomorrow when said new part arrives, hopefully, before 5pm otherwise he won't be home till Saturday

He's sure had enough of fixing cars now, it's time for him to call it a day.... there goes my freedom all week then
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 07:14 PM
I think you'll find it was Tina White sat on the choklit.
Now listen to me Helena, there is not a chance in this world that Dave will sit on his ar$e, he is not one of those types, and I remember you telling me about that neighbour of yours who was talking about him going and being an MOT tester nearby?
Plusssss this is just one thing, it is a one off, normally by now he would be sat eating his dinner, yes it may have put him off the garage, but so what, it was sooo last year anyway. He will still be trotting off there early doors on Monday for the foreseeable, and maybe you can get a couple more vans and have him working on those if and when the crunch comes.
Sit down and have more choccy, straight out of the fridge and I promise Tina White has no idea it was in there, so not been even looked at, never mind licked.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Poor Dave - there you were H, all ready to welcome him home and he is stuck under that car. This will strengthen his resolve to get rid of the garage methinks, so you better start working on what to do with him when that happens! Thanks for the choccy, but........um......if its soggy because June sat on it then I might give it a miss *sniffs it suspiciously.

Thanks for those Keshi cuddles TW......just what was needed, along with a beautiful poem that H so thoughtfully sent to me.

Lynn, I see to remember that superwoman had some rather snazzy boots, even if the pants are a tad tight I am sure that the boots make up for the slight hitch image wise.
Page 9 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >