View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Just seen this H, did they not do an ECG or a scan or something? to make sure?

I hope it WAS a panic attack as thats less serious but with his mouth sloping and his speech slurred I think I'd be wanting him to get to the doctors about this....

hope all is ok, best wishes to both of you x
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-01-2012, 11:28 PM
I've only just seen this. Hope Dave is feeling better.

I would not be happy with a diagnosis of a panic attack. They can result in muscle spasms as a result of hyperventilating but that does not explain the other symptoms.

My brother is in chronic pain with his chest and shoulder and after collapsing was taken to A&E. He has been admitted to hospital a few times and in the end they said panic attack. I think they just say that when they have not got a diagnosis.

A client of mine has suffered for years with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. He kept going into hospital with chest pain and even his wife was losing patience and telling him it was anxiety. His consultant agreed finally to perform an angiogram (for his peace of mind) and said he would bet his life there was nothing wrong with his heart. Within a week he was having major heart surgery!

Ask for further tests.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 12:07 AM
OMG H, I have only just seen this. What a worry for you. I hope Dave will be alright. You are both in my thoughts. xx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Holy Cow H. Just saw this. Sorry Dave was so ill, I'd really be insisting on another opinion, the big hands just doesn't sound right to me either.

I hope Dave recovers and is okay though *hugs*
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 12:31 AM
I have not read the whole thread since I posted originally, if it was not a stroke, was it not a TIA?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Only just spotted this..........what a horrible horrible scare for you both, and I sincerely hope that this is now the end of it.

I can tell that you have your doubts about the diagnosis, and I do hope that you can persuade them to carry out some solid tests in order to either put your mind to rest or set some treatment in motion.

Good luck, keep smiling - oh, and I hope that Zena's re-appearing breakfast was a one off. xxx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Just catching up as I dont get on much at weekends, and saw this.....

Really think you have to get Dave back to the doctor and get some real and proper answers and not get fobbed off, although I dont think for one minute you will be fobbed off. My niece has panic attacks and she dosent have swollen or clenched fists, just very breathless, not like Dave's symptoms at all. Really hope you can get sorted.

Take care, xxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2012, 04:17 PM
How is Dave now?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks again everyone.

Hi Bev, thanks for asking. I spoke to him about me phoning the doc's and he said an emphatic NO! He said ALL of the doctors in the A&E told him it was a panic attack not just the one, so he believes them, he doesn't want to take it any further I told him he'd be the same if it were ME who had been like this, but he said that's different, with him, it doesn't matter if he keels over This is what I'm dealing with!

However, I myself have just woken up with this strange head, bit like when I had my vertigo episodes years ago and ended up in hospital coz I couldn't stand up with the ceiling spinning. I feel sick, and if I don't go very carefully, I know it's going to come on big time. I did hit my head on the top of the car door this morning when I was cleaning it, plus I woke up with a funny neck "pull" yesterday which caused a pain in the left side of my head along with the neck muscle, so who knows what's going on!!! It could be me next who ends up down that casualty tonight!!! My head hurts to touch it on the left side, and I don't know whether that's because I hit it, or because of whatever I did to my neck yesterday, oh Lordy, I'm going to take it very slowly I can tell ya!

Glad you asked now Bev lol!!!xxxx
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Ouch! You might have a concussion from banging your head on the car, I've done this TWICE!! (also managed to shut my ear in the car window, clumsy or wot!)

Take care!
Page 9 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >