View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lesley J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi Sarah, Glad to have helped someone with their dogs!
Its good to reinforce your waits in front of the jump! Have fun!
decca234uk
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I used to have a bitch and it was difficult when she was in season. I always took her out very early in the morning and late at night. The night walk was the woese. One minute I was on my own the next I was surrounded by a few dogs. It was hard work. At one time I had a dog camped on my back step for the duration.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I still took Lola out, but on routes that are seldom used by other dog-walkers. Must have worked as we didn't have a single stray dog come near the house the whole time she was in season.
Lizzie-301
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I walk mine late at night usually or let her run around the garden as she is the type of dog to exercise herself by running around for 30 mins or so.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-09-2010, 05:45 PM
I don't change my routine, she gets walked along with the rest of them, I don't find it difficult to avoid others and I've never had issues with dogs following us or camping out to get at her a bit of common sense is all that's required imo.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 07:44 PM
I've not had any problems walking Rio. I take her to quiet isolated places in the car. She also has Femme tablets which reduce her scent and I use bitch spray. She is also bathed as soon as the bleeding stops and then again at the end of the season. I walk her on the beach, generally when the tide is due in to wash away any scents. I do keep her in for the receptive days. I don't keep her seperate from my entire male until around her ninth day and he's not interested until then anyway.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Growing up we only ever had bitches (Mum doesnt like dogs and all their male habits!) and none were spayed. Back then there were plenty of dogs roaming round and a neighbouring roamer chewed and scratched our back door to bits trying to get at our bitch.

My dad took the same bitch for a walk on a different occassion. It was late at night after a party, my dad was drunk, took her out and returned home without her. He'd let her off and she'd gone on an amorous adventure. 2 days later she returned up the duff and eventually gave birth to 3 live pups and a stillborn one.

Thats the only problems we've ever had but no males have ever taken an interest in my own bitch, not even my 2 dogs!
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9