Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hippo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Do you mean a grouse shoot or a photographic shoot?

Whereabouts were you? Any pics of the scenery/landscape?
Photographic, I'm not the best with a gun, I tend to aim at the target rather than ahead of it! Guess that's what you get for doing action photography for many years!

We were based around Banchory, unfortunately no time for and landscape shots it was all old Land Rovers in sheds - next time I'll try and make a slot for some landscape pics!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Photographic, I'm not the best with a gun, I tend to aim at the target rather than ahead of it! Guess that's what you get for doing action photography for many years!

We were based around Banchory, unfortunately no time for and landscape shots it was all old Land Rovers in sheds - next time I'll try and make a slot for some landscape pics!
I would like to see a few, if you are allowed?
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Put us down for a week in the winter too! Love it up there! Land Rover is at the ready!

Beautiful picture!
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Don't book up the whole year Moobli. I think Zak should have one week---or weekend, at least. For his friends! What do you think?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
Don't book up the whole year Moobli. I think Zak should have one week---or weekend, at least. For his friends! What do you think?
Oh don't worry Jeagi, Zak will get plenty of holidays up there with his pals if we buy the place
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Well?!
Hippo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
Beautiful picture!
Thank you, all down to the scenery to be fair
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Be sure to let us know how you got on Moobli

I'll be over in Glen Etive later today then onto Lidds after tea.

Book is packed.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Come on Moob's, enquiring minds wish to know.....what was it like ! ?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2012, 11:32 AM
The area is STUNNING! We spent an hour down by the Loch (which is only about 5 mins down a single track lane in the car) and it was sooooo picturesque and peaceful. We saw and heard red deer stags roaring at one another on the hillside above the Loch - so atmospheric! The dogs enjoyed swimming out for sticks in the water, and then what should appear ... a very nosey seal, wondering what on earth was interrupting his peaceful fishing expedition I wasn't fast enough with the camera to get a photo unfortunately. So the area gets a massive thumbs up

The house is lovely too. It is down quite a rough, stony track and I think you would definitely need a 4x4 to get in and out of it in certain weather conditions. The kitchen has rather an "odd" feel to it, and it reminded me of a village hall kitchen, but think that could be lived with, and the kitchen could be made much more homely. There are some damp issues - but think it is more to the fact that the house hasn't been lived in for a while and it is a very old house. It needs central heating of some sort installing and there is also an issue with the water, which comes from a spring. We would need to get a survey done and have plenty of questions that need answering before making an offer, but we are interested.

Understandably, the property has had a number of different viewers and so I am not pinning all my hopes on it, just in case it doesn't come off for whatever reason.

Unfortunately I was so busy looking into every nook and cranny and remembering all the questions I had to ask, that I totally forgot to get photos of the house and immediate surrounds! I only remembered when we had driven away, and there were other viewers coming after us, so I couldn't go back. However, I got some shots of the area surrounding the house, so will post them up in a bit.
Page 9 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >