Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
oh dear sounds like Poppy is feeling very sore today. I hope the vet sorts it out later for her.
Fingers crossed for later

Kelz xxxx
Thanks Kelz, I know I have never seen her so quiet, she is usually play fighting with Ben or jumping on him or playing push me pull you!!!!
Poor Ben doesn't know what to make of the situation he is just lying next to her in his bed. Time stands still when your waiting for something doesn't it.
Elaine xxxx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Flynn was chased by a attacking staffy once, luckily no harm was done, but it has left me very wary Since then ive gone out of my way to see staffies in a more positive light where the dogs are concerned, but my heart does go into my mouth sometimes, i cant help it .i dont think Staffies & collies are the greatest mixuture tbh,collies are reactive & nippy & eyey by nature & staffies can be very quick to recact by nature & abit boistorous for most collies on a firstt off meeting.

Hope Poppy is ok Elaine
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Thanks Kelz, I know I have never seen her so quiet, she is usually play fighting with Ben or jumping on him or playing push me pull you!!!!
Poor Ben doesn't know what to make of the situation he is just lying next to her in his bed. Time stands still when your waiting for something doesn't it.
Elaine xxxx
Ben is probally picking up on the fact that poppy is not herself so is laying beside her to comfort her, those collies are clever dogs ya know

And yup time certainly does stand still, today has dragged on for me
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 12:29 PM
I have really not had any bad experiences with any Staffies, which is a very good thing, considering that one aggressive bite from a dog of that size/strength, would probably kill mine, no problems. Staffies, appear to be frightened of little ones. Perhaps they don't see Chis as a threat and therefore ignore them or clearly back away in fear of them My SIL's Staffie is terrified of my lot. Runs in her bed and hides - bless her!

Hope all goes well at the Vets Elaine. It sounds like she's okay, just shaken up, which is more than understandable. Will check back later to see how the Vet appt went. Best of luck with her
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Sorry to hear what happened. Hope Poppy feels better soon.

I guess the Staffie heard her bark and perhaps thought she was going to attack so 'got in' first? Or maybe over-protective of its toy?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Flynn was chased by a attacking staffy once, luckily no harm was done, but it has left me very wary Since then ive gone out of my way to see staffies in a more positive light where the dogs are concerned, but my heart does go into my mouth sometimes, i cant help it .i dont think Staffies & collies are the greatest mixuture tbh,collies are reactive & nippy & eyey by nature & staffies can be very quick to recact by nature & abit boistorous for most collies on a firstt off meeting.

Hope Poppy is ok Elaine
Thanks Mish, I know I am getting a bit like that and I don't want to because I think it transfers to the dogs. But what can you do? I think your right about Collies/Staffs not mixing.
xxx

Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Ben is probally picking up on the fact that poppy is not herself so is laying beside her to comfort her, those collies are clever dogs ya know

And yup time certainly does stand still, today has dragged on for me
God it seems like the bloody clock has stopped. roll on 3.10 then I can leave
Elaine x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Just got back from the Vets.....
The wound on her pad is very deep and nasty and already infected. Bruce (vet) said that although it is very deep he didn't want to stitch it because then you are stitching in the infection. So she has anitbiotics and pain relief, because he said she is in a lot of pain.
Honestly she was as good as gold. Even sitting in reception, didn't bother with any of the other dogs. Bruce is so gentle. I said she might be a bit nippy, coz of the pain you know.
He said she will be fine, but as I had the biting end and he could see I was upset he put a soft muzzle on her but she didn't need it she was so good for him, while he examined it. It must of hurt her a lot because she kept wimpering. such a good girl.....fast asleep in her bed now.
Thank you all so much for you support.
Got to see Bruce again on Monday. But am sure she will be fine..Oh and lead walks only until he sees her again.
Elaine xxxxxx

£45 lighter.......
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Oh bless her Elaine. Glad you got her seen to and she has some meds now. Gentle wags and licks from Cassie to Poppy and hugs from me to you. xxxxx
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Glad to see that Poppy has been checked and is on antibiotics and painkillers to help her through this. Re the stitching as I understand it if a wound isn't stitched within so many hours of the wound happening then it can risk infection if they do stitch it, where-as if they leave the wound open then the infection can drain out if needed (does that make sense?)
Hopefully now shes on the antibiotics she will be feeling a bit better when they kick in.

Kelz
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Poor Poppy
I'm sure she will soon feel better now that she has the antibiotics and pain killers, hope so
Page 9 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »