Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
have to say though some of this leerburg stuff makes you wonder.....(claire, was that DA he was refering to?) I have seen a people aggressive GSD and really, lift its feet off the floor would have taken his face off....would be the height of him so how could he cut its air supply off that way....hmm, even muzzled a dog can do some damage...

Still sick!!
That`s an old dog abuser trick. If you put the loop up under the chin, crushing the larynx, it is both appallingly painful and also cuts off oxygen (and, I would imagine blood supply).
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
although some of it sounds plain made up rubbish he is advocating this.....
Some will listen and be taken in by it though, follow and repeat? Sounds like a complete nut job Is verging on the 'wierdo cult' type of thing but with vulnerable dogs and owners(jmo).
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 10:41 AM
My views, well Honey was attacked on her first walk, quite badly by two Boxers, she can be nervous, and from a result of that be fear aggressive, but she has learnt, from years of training that not every dog is going to attack her, she has friends, meets other dogs, and will play with them, although she can be quite, I hate to say it, dominant with other dogs, puts them in their place, quickly without injury, and the other dogs accept it, quite often quickly (mainly its when they mouth or mount her, and the other owners are quite happy that there dog is being 'taught'), so she was attacked, but hasn't been aggressive her whole life, and it was also in the key socalisation period too.

I also think that not allowing a dog to socalise will cause more problems in the long run, dogs do have to learn how to be dogs IMO, and that means that they have to learn how to act around other dogs too, and they can't do that if their not allowed to do this with a whole host of other dogs, including ones that are very different in body shape, particulary faces, as I've heard of dogs not liking, or not properly understanding dogs with flat faces, as their expressions can be different, dogs need a lot of socalisation when young for a lot of things, and I think restricting one area too much could end up a big problem later in life.

I also think that being aggresive when other dogs come near can rub off on dogs too, so by being so you could create a aggressive dog by your own actions.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9