View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Dont bother watching it...Will get your blood pressure high that I am sure of!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 09:47 PM
I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if I'm repeating what others have said here:

I saw a repeat yesterday of the first UK show. To me it seems that Cesar has really toned down his usual manner etc.

There were no kicks aimed at the dogs (thank goodness) and none of his jabs when they were in the 'wrong state'.

Then again, they were not really extreme cases he was dealing with, at least not in this episode.
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Watched it yesterday....don't shoot me !!! No the gsd's didn't seem to bad just over macho play I didn't think he was that bad last night, other than the push over of the first dog,but I'm sure I'll get a tidal wave of arguments for this comment
shaunclemens
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Watched it yesterday....don't shoot me !!! No the gsd's didn't seem to bad just over macho play I didn't think he was that bad last night, other than the push over of the first dog,but I'm sure I'll get a tidal wave of arguments for this comment
i 100% agree to be honest.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I have series linked it, not watched it yet though.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 11:20 PM
He's toned things down for the UK market.

No kicks (thank goodness) and not even many jabs!

They weren't extreme cases; hopefully we'll see him tackle some more interesting scenarios.

Although I disagree with quite a lot of what he does, I think he does help some people - just hate the way he kicks and jabs dogs.

All over the world, poor dogs are being jabbed by people who are imitating CM
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 06:41 AM
The german shepherd boys were gorgeous by the way!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 07:33 AM
I've watched the first 2 shows and they seem very toned down. I agree that the dogs don't have major 'issues' and the ramp he used to get the Cocker into the car did make perfect sense. That said I was very sad to see his methods being used on an extremely confused dog yesterday. A high energy Kelpie X who has this habit of jumping at her female owner. Not jumping up but literally bunny hopping infront of her, reaching her face most times. The husband hissed at the dog and then jabbed her hard with his fingers. I saw the look on the dogs face which was kind of like 'ow! Why did you do that???' Needless to say she continued to jump at her female owner...

I can't stand CM and how every dog he works with gets this worried expression. I'm just not convinced that there isn't a lot of behind the scenes things happening that we never see. To my mind, if you're prepared to asphyxiate a dog in public, on national tv and call it training, then what the heck do you do in private.
shaunclemens
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-02-2011, 08:18 AM
he looks to scared to be seen badly by us here in UK as its common sense how much we love our dogs here. he thinks he can win us over but thanks to alot of people on here who made me realise hes nothing but a thug and a bully.

i hope he gets banished from the country
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Argh @ kelpie x!
Not your average dog by any means and certainly not a breed that responds well to aversives.
Page 9 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >