Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I couldn't watch this whole clip

Oh Moobli. I watched, till the W****R grabbed the ears. How can any human being.. Make a poor, loving Dog cry? I hate it!!I suppose it must be shown, because "some people" will not believe it is happening.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
What a bizzare thread! Why do people do any sport, or for that matter, why do people show their dogs?? It's all for the same reasonsI can't undersyand why Schutzhund is being targetted for a witch hunt?

You should hear some of the tales of abuse gundogs have had to endure. My OH once witnessed a guy pick up his spaniel and drop kick it - should we assume all gundog people are like this?

I train my dogs to jump over poles, possibly the most pointless sport in existence, do I need a reason to do it other than I enjoy training it and the dogs love it?
Maybe because its the topic of the thread, , or at least one element of it .

The video posted is about a part of a particular sport, which is what is commented on.

If the same video was about gun dog training the "witch hunt "would be directed as such.

The qeustion may be why do we do a,b c with our dogs the answer is because we want to... Pointless or not.

Training a dog to bite someone, is hardly in the same category as training them to walk round a ring, or jump a few poles.

The kind of training we see in the video, is carried out by individuals, that have more going on than just wanting to enjoy time with their dogs.

And from what I see, this sport attracts to many of a kind of individual .
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by scout75 View Post
Here is my dog training last year..I am trying to work on capping his excitement (he barks because he is just sooooo excited) so he gets rewarded (by a clicker) for a few paces of quiet. Is there anything about this video that looks macho? Especially my pink coat and groovy hat?

http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/x...ent=010-15.mp4

Or this video (different club) - note both helpers have clickers attached to them and lots of praise.

http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/x...ent=021-13.mp4
Love the coat and hat

Especially love that second clip. It shows just how keen Kofi is for the sleeve (and great to see the clicker in use too). Note how he is satisfied once he has "his" sleeve, and doesn't then want to savage the man
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Cannot see any sarcasm in my post, perhaps you would like to point it out?

No this video is NOT about Schutzhund, it is about DOG ABUSE.

If you see somebody beat a dog in the park, does that tell you about pet ownership or does it inform you about the behaviour of one individual.
It is about a horrible type of person. We all know it is wrong. The bloke is sick, needs a good hiding, etc. But Smokeybear is not condoning it, or them. Please be more intelligent in your comments. Smokeybear is not the enemy.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
and SB answered that
Because its fun is not really an explanation to why one wants a dog to bite!

Have to question whether its enjoyable for a dog to be, 1' hit with a stick, 2 , have an e.collar strapped to it , or 3 worked into a frenzy to appease a persons ego.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:35 PM
I often wonder if dogs enjoy being groomed within an inch of their life and than paraded around a ring under hot lights often strung up on a shoestring, then manipulated into the "perfect" stance, purely to appease a persons ego......
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Because its fun is not really an explanation to why one wants a dog to bite!

Have to question whether its enjoyable for a dog to be, 1' hit with a stick, 2 , have an e.collar strapped to it , or 3 worked into a frenzy to appease a persons ego.
My dog has never taken the slightest notice of the rubber stick used....he has NEVER worn an e collar in his life..and if he does sometimes get himself into a frenzy thats because he loves it so much and gets excited. No different to the dogs that are waiting their turn in flyball teams etc

You couldn't distract my dog from doing bitework with ANYTHING.... not a big piece of steak or a ball or a bitch in season, he would rather play the game with the sleeve than do anything else.....Can the same be said for all dog sports or hobbies?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I often wonder if dogs enjoy being groomed within an inch of their life and than paraded around a ring under hot lights often strung up on a shoestring, then manipulated into the "perfect" stance, purely to appease a persons ego......
Plenty do.

I'm not sure any dog likes being whipped, kicked and electrocuted though.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by scout75 View Post
My dog has never taken the slightest notice of the rubber stick used....he has NEVER worn an e collar in his life..and if he does sometimes get himself into a frenzy thats because he loves it so much and gets excited. No different to the dogs that are waiting their turn in flyball teams etc
I am glad to hear it

P.s ... Fly ball not a fan of that either
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
If this man was involved in the UK Schutzhund scene would he still be welcomed to compete at events ??
??
just curious
Page 9 of 20 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »