View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 04:41 PM
She has been speyed. Is there any way that I would not know after 18 months that she hadn't been speyed? We were told when we got her from the rescue centre that she was speyed, they wouldn't have made a mistake would they?

It may not be all the vets fault that I have no idea what is going on, it could be that he's spoken to my dad and he hasn't told me everything. That's why I'm going to talk to him myself now. getting things second hand doesn't really work

The vets have had a good feel of her abdomen a couple of times and couldn't find anything swollen or hard or anything. It was thought at first that she had a kidney infection. But after checking her urine sample he said it was unlikely to be that because it wasn't very concentrated. There was no blood in her urine.

I have checked 2 poos so far and they were both a normal browny colour
Fingers crossed I will be able to talk to the vet tomorrow and have more of an idea what is going on
Once she's had her x-rays, if they still don't know what's going on, I'll ask about being referred.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi B/S if she hadn`t been speyed she`d have been having seasons & you`d have noticed them so probably safe to say rescue hasn`t made a mistake & pyo is ruled out.

*It may not be all the vets fault that I have no idea what is going on, it could be that he's spoken to my dad and he hasn't told me everything*

Thats a very good point & think you could be right, maybe your dads not told you everything. Its very difficult when your getting things 2nd hand.

Would think the vet would have checked her urine for bacteria, its not necessary for it to be concentrated, my old girl had 1 a while back & hers looked pretty normal/clear, don`t think you can tell just by looking unless its obviously cloudy/discoloured. So thats a good sign, no urine infection & her no.2`s looking normal as well

Good luck when you speal to him
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 05:44 PM
I would say that's a big "no" Brandie, if they said she was speyed, then she is speyed! It was just a stab in the dark from me, as I remembered back to how one of my dogs was that's all, it definitely won't be that if she's been speyed.

Thank goodness her poo's are normal though. It might be a good idea to talk to your dad if that's what you want, and hopefully to the vet tomorrow too. I wouldn't feed her before you go in case they're intending to knock her out for those x-rays, although she might get away with the sedation, but you just don't know what they're going to do with her, and it's obviously better if she hasn't been fed, even for a blood test, a fasting test is always the best. Hopefully you will start up a new thread when you get some news for us, we will all be thinking of you and your poor Brandie, in the hope that this finally gets sorted out. Speak to your dad too about getting her referred if you still don't get any further tests/answers from your present vet too. All the best Brandie.x
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 06:38 PM
That's good, because I've already told them that she's speyed

She isn't having the x-rays tomorrow, we should be booking them then though for one day this week. So I'll ask if they want me to not give her breakfast on the day Thanks for reminding me!

I will start up a new thread then when I find out more. Hopefully it will be better news
Thanks for all your concern.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9