Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Our dog wasn't protecting himself, ..........
But Bajaluna's was, and that's my point

He was taken out of a secure room, in a secure house, (where he was comfortable and felt safe), BY a stranger, then taken somewhere else by them to a strange house where he wasn't comfortable and surrounded by strange children, WHOM he was already scared off, with NO means of escape !!!

In this kind of situation even a Rescue centre would never allow a dog to go to a new home on a whim and be placed in a room, then BAM MEET THE KIDS !!! It wouldn't happen for that exact reason.

It wasn't the dog's fault, he was probably petrified, and let's face it, who wouldnt be !
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I can understand the bond you must have had with the dog because they are so easy to fall in love with. I myself though would have felt obligated to put the dog to sleep. Yes, I can see it was the parents fault the dog ended up in the situation for the attack but if a dog does it once it has the potential to do it again.

JMO

Heidi
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
if a dog does it once it has the potential to do it again.

JMO

Heidi
ANY dog has the potential to do it the first time.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Sadly Colin my dogs do not guard, they welcome people, so the answer to your question is no, the situation does not come into it for me.
But that does answer the question, because what would be your reaction if that situation I laid out did happen. Would you have your dog put to sleep?

I'll be perfectly honest about it, if someone jumped into my garden, my lot would have him/her for lunch, and I wouldn't care if he/she was 5, 10 or 20+.

If your not invited in, you should be there. End off.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
But that does answer the question, because what would be your reaction if that situation I laid out did happen. Would you have your dog put to sleep?

I'll be perfectly honest about it, if someone jumped into my garden, my lot would have him/her for lunch, and I wouldn't care if he/she was 5, 10 or 20+.

If your not invited in, you should be there. End off.
My thoughts exactly, they enter my property without my permission they cant moan if they get bit and I wouldnt blame the dogs.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 09:49 PM
The little girl that was killed in merseyside Ellie,that dog had previously attacked and shown aggression.It then went on to kill little Ellie how many of us said that this dog needed to be PTS before it had the chance to do this?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 09:54 PM
I really can't believe some of the flippant answers on this thread. The scenario, a 5 year old child has jumped over your fence, your dogs have mauled and bitten the child, blood all over the child and the child screaming in pain and agony. And you can just turn around and say, well they shouldnt have been there. As one put it they will have them for lunch. I am sorry but it just sickens me that people can think this way.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Bajaluna
Please refrain from calling me dumb as I am not the owner of a dog that mauled a child causing 50 stitches.
Funny how now you were mauled by a dog and spent a whole month in hospital, and how they broke in to your house and your locked bedroom but now they used the key, story keeps changing me thinks.

Lottie it is unsulting to compare dogs killing livestock to a child IT APPALLED ME.

I know many people who cant have kids and who have lost kids and childs life must always come above an animals every time.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
The little girl that was killed in merseyside Ellie,that dog had previously attacked and shown aggression.It then went on to kill little Ellie how many of us said that this dog needed to be PTS before it had the chance to do this?
I never said that.

Again that wasn't the dogs fault, it was the grandmothers as she let the dog into the house.

If you go to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/6981602.stm you will see that the dog had been kicked, punched and tormented by members of her family 10 minutes before it bit little Ellie. Plus it wasn't allowed into the house, but still the grandmother let it in.
red collar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Do you feel any sense of remorse at all for the injuries to the child, bajaluna?
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 31 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »