View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I would not pay extra for a certain colour for a pup nor would I pay extra for a colour of a stud.

If I had a blue pup in a litter I bred I would keep it until it was old enough to be speyed and give away free to a god home.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
I would not pay extra for a certain colour for a pup nor would I pay extra for a colour of a stud.

If I had a blue pup in a litter I bred I would keep it until it was old enough to be speyed and give away free to a god home.
well said,

Mind you could give it to some here who are looking for that elusive rare dog, and make yourself a tidy penny along with feeding their ego knowing they have paid a fortune for that rare dog!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 08:16 PM
I thought blue was a recognized Staffy colour?

If not, I have to say that I am surprised someone on this thread mentioned paying £650 for one, given how many thousands of Staffies are PTS each year.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

13-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
You have rather extended the bad breeder scenario -----not all bad breeders are puppy farms.

You can 'wow' all you like, if I wanted a specific colour and could only get it from someone I considered to be a bad breeder I would still have it. It isn't the only thing I would look at but its an important one for me.

rune
No not all bad breeders are puppy farmers but all bad breeders are BAD breeders.

Must admit Rune you've wow'd me on that one as well. No matter how much I wanted a certain colour I could never consider going to someone I considered a bad breeder to buy a pup and encourage them to continue to be bad breeders.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
well said,

Mind you could give it to some here who are looking for that elusive rare dog, and make yourself a tidy penny along with feeding their ego knowing they have paid a fortune for that rare dog!!
And then they would have to breed from it to get their money back. To make sure they got blues they would have to breed it to an other blue. Two dilute gene together.
Anyway last year in SBTs to top 5 most used studs were blues no one has ever heard of so they can't be that rare.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
and from looking around it seems to me that its the blue staffs that are being asked more for! So this is what 'hobby' breeders are aiming for, to get the extra cash that people like you would consider paying..Many show people wont keep or wouldnt want to breed blue staffs as i have heard they dont do well in the ring!! My mind boogles.
Wow, I am surprised that you wrote that. Many show people wouldn't keep White Boxers, they wouldn't want to breed them [I wouldnt want them bred either but that is not the point]. Whether it is intentional or not, your statement is colour discriminatory.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 08:58 PM
lmao its not colour discrimination at all im just stating what i have heard around the ring that many breeders wouldnt want to breed or show them because they dont do so well, did i say that was my opinion nope i didnt i said 'I have heard'..hence i said my mind boogles
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs

Why? Is it not worthy enough to be sold as the same worth as its siblings. I dont get this argument, just because a pup or dog is a different colour.
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I thought blue was a recognized Staffy colour?

If not, I have to say that I am surprised someone on this thread mentioned paying £650 for one, given how many thousands of Staffies are PTS each year.
Blue is a recognized colour in a Staffy

And yes i'm playing £650 for one and i'm aware of how many Staffy's are PTS each year, i've been to the RSPCA and wanted to rescue a 3 year old brindle however we're not able to rescue apparently so we're going to a breeder. Once we're able to rescue i will be straight back there and will rescue an adult Staffy!

And also since this is mine and my OH's first dog together (i've had dogs in the family but no one in his has ever owned one) we wanted a puppy to raise first and then he's fully trained and we can rescue we will do
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Perhaps a little counter productive for the rescue to turn you down so you go to a breeder.
Page 9 of 42 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »