Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:13 AM
www.thecavalierclub.co.uk

loads of information on line its been around for many years but rife in the last 5 the reasons you will have to decide for yourself
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Agree there hun and byb's have loads to answer too.It's about time they were all brought into line xxxxxxxxx
no no no ............its not the BYB who are to
blame

its breeding to type keeping gene's tight for small show heads its knowing what your doing thats a crime
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:25 AM
About time the public were made aware of pedigree problems. The Kennel Club claims to be sorting out the problem of exaggerated characteristics in pedigree dogs, yet it doesn't insist that all breeding dogs have relevant health checks. It's merely a recommendation. That poor little cav. What a shame. If the KC was really doing it's bit, we would be seeing less instances of genetic problems such as hip and elbow dysplacia and drooping eyes in certain breeds (St Bernard, Clumber). IMO we need to be getting back to working types of many breeds where applicable, and judge dogs on working ability instead of aesthetics. In Scandinavia an Elkhound can only win the title of show champion after it has proven itself as a hunting dog.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
no no no ............its not the BYB who are to
blame

its breeding to type keeping gene's tight for small show heads its knowing what your doing is a crime
Jeez should think shame of themselves

Are their any other breeds affected by this?xxxxxxxxx
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:32 AM
The KC should be setting the example to the rest of the world, the code of ethics is a joke and the whole organistaiton need a kick up the bum to update itself.

NO dogs should be registered unless full health checks have been carried out.

NO dogs should be registered that show extremes to type for fashion.

NO dogs should be registered from unethical breeders or puppy farms (they know its a puppy farm!).

Until the KC faces up to its responsibility and puts dogs before ££££ i have no respect for it and i'm glad the NI is not a part of it!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:35 AM
there is a list i will search it out yes a few breeds staffs and bostons i know of

sad thing is a clear scanned dog can still be a gene carrier and pass it on

JD will have more knowledge than me on this one
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
The KC should be setting the example to the rest of the world, the code of ethics is a joke and the whole organistaiton need a kick up the bum to update itself.

NO dogs should be registered unless full health checks have been carried out.

NO dogs should be registered that show extremes to type for fashion.

NO dogs should be registered from unethical breeders or puppy farms (they know its a puppy farm!).

Until the KC faces up to its responsibility and puts dogs before ££££ i have no respect for it and i'm glad the NI is not a part of it!
Here here, you go girl
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
there is a list i will search it out yes a few breeds staffs and bostons i know of

sad thing is a clear scanned dog can still be a gene carrier and pass it on

JD will have more knowledge than me on this one
Cheers hun,I'm soooo glad I aint into this breeding malarky.I have thought about it with Asta but jeez it's a minefield out there .xxxxxxxxxx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Just out of interest what rules stop people breeding from un health tested NIs ? Do they have a registry that can stop people breeding from unhealthy dogs ? If so how does it stop them ?
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »