View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Biffters will be grumpy and it depends if hes onlead...how hyped up he is etc etc
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
We need him to meet our grumpy old man first......
I thought you'd just said that your OH had met Mr C Only joking of course, I knew you meant the Bifter.

I think its a mental block kind of thing. With a pup its easy to naturally fall in love with them immediately because in their sheltered wee life, any human is automatically really interesting and they just can't get enough of you.

But with an older dog, you don't always see their character at the rescue centre, even on a longer visit. It does make it more difficult to make a decision but to be honest once the decision is made, I'm sure your OH would soon fall for him. Watching their character come out is so much fun as well as being really satisfying.

You've got a lot more deciding to do haven't you!
phil2009
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2009, 07:52 PM
hi im glad the first visit went well and i hope it gos well for the 2nd time. sounds like u still have a lot of deciding to do and i hope u make the rite moov for ur self and ur family and that in the end ull be happy with what u decid to do.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I thought you'd just said that your OH had met Mr C Only joking of course, I knew you meant the Bifter.

I think its a mental block kind of thing. With a pup its easy to naturally fall in love with them immediately because in their sheltered wee life, any human is automatically really interesting and they just can't get enough of you.

But with an older dog, you don't always see their character at the rescue centre, even on a longer visit. It does make it more difficult to make a decision but to be honest once the decision is made, I'm sure your OH would soon fall for him. Watching their character come out is so much fun as well as being really satisfying.

You've got a lot more deciding to do haven't you!
A lot more!!!! Biffters is meeting him tomorrow probably, although againI won't be able to be there...sigh.
Biff could draw a line under it though I have to say....depends on how they conduct the meeting...
At this point i am all for picking him up asap...but my OH and son aren't....although they are happy to go along with me if I want him that much...which of course doesn't put any pressure on as I would also be happy enough with a pup. Is it possible to employ decision makers at all?
Originally Posted by phil2009 View Post
hi im glad the first visit went well and i hope it gos well for the 2nd time. sounds like u still have a lot of deciding to do and i hope u make the rite moov for ur self and ur family and that in the end ull be happy with what u decid to do.
Thanks ever so much.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Sounds as if it all rests with Biff and how he does tomorrow.

I hope it goes well, sounds like you want him
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:06 PM
thanks...I do....but I feel bad today as I think my OH would much rather have a pup (although he says he is happy with him, he siad ideally it would be a pup.) Basically if there was a suitable pup now...my OH said this boy wouldn't be on the cards. Hmmmmm
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I agree with Hali, pups are so easy to love and older dog is an unknown quantity.

If this boy fits in with Cosmo and Biff, you know that your OH will grow to love him.

I really feel for you x
Flatcoatdreams
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:16 PM
You can't go wrong with a Flatcoat - get a Flatcoat bitch pup!

Sorry, that wasn't very helpful was it?!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks. I have given myself a big headache!!!! People in work laughed at me today and said they can't wait to hear how he's settled in!!!!!!

Pups are easier..and he isn't exactly old bless him at the grand old age of 8 months....but if my son and oH both want a FCR pup then I feel as though I am being very selfish. To be honest OH initially said we would be a one dog household in the end. I soon talked him round and out of that so maybe I need to let him decide on the dog....

Oh blimey................................
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Flatcoatdreams View Post
You can't go wrong with a Flatcoat - get a Flatcoat bitch pup!

Sorry, that wasn't very helpful was it?!
I know of a few litters coming up which doesn't help of course...keep getting 'such and such are doing such and such with such and such' info!!!!

You actually sound like my OH.....well, except for the bitch part, he wants a boy!
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 23 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »