Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Do you think the ban on hunting with dogs has worked in your area?
I haven't seen any hunts around here - but if I did I would stop and let them know I disapprove and then report them.

Personally I think killing ANY animal for 'fun' is barbaric and disgusting.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Nice one, Azz!

Snorri
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Personally I think killing ANY animal for 'fun' is barbaric and disgusting.
Could'nt agree more.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Thats funny,, but form this and other thread that come up on hunting its always the anti hunt opinions that do the pillorying towards those who dare say they support the hunt

And that, I'm afraid, is simply inaccurate.

Redundant circus thats a good one, rather silly and immature , but good none the less.

Tradition does not sit well with you then I take it
There is tradition, and there is cruelty. Foxhunting is in the second category.

Snorri
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
And that, I'm afraid, is simply inaccurate
Snorri
Nope, you only have to read these threads to see who throws the insults around time and time again!!

There is tradition, and there is cruelty. Foxhunting is in the second category.
And it seems you have a bias against both!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Clearly, JB, you are either on a different board, or not understanding this one.

Foxhunting is evil. Plain enough????

Snorri
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Actually, I wasn't being aggressive before, either, I was merely stating my opinion. And I don't see what's sad about commenting on a MASSIVE waste of public money - the worst of which is the Queen. Bear in mind that she is NOT Queen of Scotland, merely a very costly figurehead.

The nearest acknowledgement she gets here is on pillar boxes, which say ER, not E II R.

Personally, I have no time for petty English warlords.

Snorri

I would hate to come across you when you ARE being aggressive then Snorri
The way that you seamlessly switch your antagonism to the Queen (and previously the armed forces) rather puzzles me. What exactly is behind all this anger? Would you prefer a British Isles with absolutely no traditions, no glorious ceremonies that are the envy of the world?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Clearly, JB, you are either on a different board, or not understanding this one.

Foxhunting is evil. Plain enough????

Snorri
In your opinion, but as it has been stated many times , everyone has a right to one...

Nope not on a different board at all, was commenting on your ability to switch from fox hunting to the Royal Family , and it seems a distaste of any thing English..

And I don't see what's sad about commenting on a MASSIVE waste of public money - the worst of which is the Queen. Bear in mind that she is NOT Queen of Scotland, merely a very costly figurehead.

The nearest acknowledgement she gets here is on pillar boxes, which say ER, not E II R.Personally, I have no time for petty English warlords.

Seems Snorri, there is a lot of anger and distaste oozing of the screen fromm you towards any kind of English Tradition, be it hunting/ uniforms/the royal family sad really!!
Meg
Supervisor

16-05-2010, 07:49 AM
I apologise if the reality of this post upset anyone. Whatever the rights and wrongs of hunting since the hunting ban there has been a large increase in the fox population around here, I see foxes out in the fields daily carrying an assortment of trophy. Last week I had the the unpleasant experience of finding dead sheep in the field next to my house two days running , one a lamb not a new born but a fit and health looking lamb apart from the large hole in its stomach where it had been eaten by what can have only been a fox. The second was a ewe who would have still been suckling a lamb, I was amazed to see her teats had been eaten, maybe because of the rich milk they contained. When I rang the farmer to tell him about my finds he said there had been others.

I am not saying what should or shouldn't be done to control foxes or if they should be controlled , I hate to see any animals suffer a painful death and this includes sheep. I am just making the point that a large fox population has to eat something and being opportunists they may take the easiest option.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I apologise if the reality of this post upset anyone. Whatever the rights and wrongs of hunting since the hunting ban there has been a large increase in the fox population around here, I see foxes out in the fields daily carrying an assortment of trophy. Last week I had the the unpleasant experience of finding dead sheep in the field next to my house two days running , one a lamb not a new born but a fit and health looking lamb apart from the large hole in its stomach where it had been eaten by what can have only been a fox. The second was a ewe who would have still been suckling a lamb, I was amazed to see her teats had been eaten, maybe because of the rich milk they contained. When I rang the farmer to tell him about my finds he said there had been others.

I am not saying what should or shouldn't be done to control foxes or if they should be controlled , I hate to see any animals suffer a painful death and this includes sheep. I am just making the point that a large fox population has to eat something and being opportunists they may take the easiest option.
The "reality" escapes most people Mini, unfortunately they choose not to see. Foxes, as you rightly say are opportunistic feeders who repeatedly kill. The poor health and numbers are increasing very quickly in them, something we are seeing more and more (mange.) It amazes me how some people can think leaving them to "exist" like this is "normal" or natural, when they suffer agonising deaths over many weeks, yet a swift death by a Hound (or completely left unharmed) is so very bad. Leave all the crap about "enjoying" it, because it is crap, MOST hunt followers never see a kill, nor have a wish to do so.
Page 87 of 94 « First < 37 77 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 > Last »