Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pitbull Victim
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Another Pit Bull accident

CLOSE [X]

A 16-month-old baby of a pit bull attack has been identified as Destiny Knox from Union County,Mississippi.

Her body was taken to Jackson for an autopsy while sheriff's deputies investigated the killing, which occurred Thursday night when the child was attacked by a pit bull at her baby sitter's home.

Investigators say the mauling took place in the Martintown community.

The dog was usually kept chained near the house but had slipped out of its collar as family members were bringing in groceries and Destiny was on the floor nearby.

The County Deputy said that the dog followed the family inside the house.

A 19-year-old man in the house tried to intervene by hitting and stabbing the animal, but when emergency responders arrived, the child was already dead.

Deputies shot the dog - reportedly one of five dogs, all pit bulls, that the baby sitter owned.

"When the deputies arrived, the dog had to be put down at the scene. The dog was acting vicious," Whitten said.

Investigators found no signs that the dog had ever been mistreated.

"This dog was very healthy, very stout. It was well-kept, well-groomed," Whitten said.

Neighbors said the woman's dogs had always been kept restrained.

Holly Whaley, who also lives in the same mobile home park, never saw the dogs off their chains, but she feared them nevertheless.

"I walk around the area in morning times sometimes, but I'm too scared to walk down that way because them dogs are out there," she said.
Pitbull Victim
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Pit Bull Attacks 7 Year Old

Father fights off pit bull attack

HAPPY VALLEY, Ore. – A Clackamas County Sheriff Deputy had to fatally shot an attacking pit bull in Happy Valley Wednesday afternoon.

Steven Hehr, 31, was inside a house when he heard his daughter screaming for help. Jayda Kempas, 7, was in the backyard playing on a tire swing when a 90-pound pit bull attacked her.

Hehr ran outside an More..d pried the dog’s mouth open to release Jayda. A family friend picked the girl up, rushed her inside the house, wrapped her injured leg in a shirt and called 9-1-1.

The dog focused its attack on Hehr, biting him in the thigh and attempting to bite him in the torso and chest. Hehr was able to control the dog in a headlock and wrestle the animal to the ground and lay on top of the dog.

The dog continued to try to bite Hehr, so a second family friend grabbed an aluminum baseball bat and began beating on the dog’s legs and back. The dog still continued to attack as that man became exhausted. The dog’s caretaker then picked up the bat and began beating the dog.

The dog would not relent.

Finally, a Clackamas County Sheriff’s Deputy arrived on the scene and shot the dog dead.

Jayda suffered severe cuts to her lower right calf and puncture wounds on her upper left thigh area. American Medical Response provided medical attention to both the father and daughter and both were transported to Kaiser Sunnyside Hospital for medical treatment.

Thursday Hehr was with his daughter at Doernbecher Children's Hospital, in Portland. Jayda was expected to have surgery Thursday to mend damage to her leg received during this dog attack.

Hehr was treated for his injuries and has one arm in a sling. He dislocated a shoulder while wrestling with the dog and suffered bites on his hands, chest, legs and arms.

The deceased animal has been retained for forensic examination to confirm the animal has been properly vaccinated and no threat of rabies is present.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
'Pitbull Victim' is currently on a 3 day ban after reaching 3 infraction points for name-calling in his posts.

5 points lead to a 10 day ban and 8 will lead to a permanent ban. I suggest he reads our posting guidelines before posting again.
From the above it doesn't look like he did.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Yeah he doesn't quite get it.

The first article elsewhere I saw the dog described as a "pit bull type" that weighed 100 lbs. That's not a pit bull. Likely it's a mastiff or mastiff mix. But the media likes to call any dog who attacked a pit bull or pit bull mix if they can get away with it.

And this from the second article? The dog was usually kept chained

Dogs who are kept chained are the #1 dog likely to bite. It doesn't matter what breed. Chaining is a major cause of dog bites. Dogs who are chained become frustrated and aggressive. They're unsocialized, bored, and usually left to "guard" the place. They could have put a lab out there and there's a good chance the dog would have eventually bitten someone too.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Who is to say, that the chained dog hadn't had previous negative experiences with children, winding it up, throwing stuff at it etc. So that when it got loose, it went to deal with the assumed threat.

For example a family member of mine owns a dog called Kai, the dog isn't and never has been tethered btw. However, some of the local teens thought it was fun to throw waterbombs and bricks at him over the fence regardless as to wether the owner was there or not.

So guess what, when ever he sees any of the youths involved regardless of where he sees them, he tries to attack them out of fear.

The family member/s have taken necessary steps to make sure that Kai never gets the chance to get hold of one of them.

However, if an accident was to occur and one of those little sh1t's was attacked or even killed, then whose falt would it be.

Is it the dogs falt? if so why? or does that depend on what breed it is.
Is it the owners falt? for an accident occuring despite measures in place to try to prevent it.
Is it the youths falt? for causing the problem in the first place, and continuing to add to it. Despite knowing what it was doing to the dog, which they do btw.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I think that alot of dogs can be dangerous in the wrong hands. For me it triggers the thought about the type of owners who are a danger to Pitbulls, when it comes to bringing the worst out in the dogs from breeding from the 'wrong dogs' to deliberately encouraging and training for aggressive behaviours.
Pitbull Victim
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2010, 12:05 PM
It's just one excuse after another to justify the Pitbull's aggression as the result of everybody's fault, other than the fact that the Pitbull is a nasty,aggressive, untrustworthy canine killer that should be euthanized on sight.

Fancy blaming a Mastiff for a death caused by a Pitbull, God give me strength. Pitbull owners and their apologists certainly live in a very closed world of self denial.

So to the parents of the next child maimed or killed by this killing machine, remember, it's wasn't the Pitbulls fault.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Pitbull Victim View Post
It's just one excuse after another to justify the Pitbull's aggression as the result of everybody's fault, other than the fact that the Pitbull is a nasty,aggressive, untrustworthy canine killer that should be euthanized on sight.

Fancy blaming a Mastiff for a death caused by a Pitbull, God give me strength. Pitbull owners and their apologists certainly live in a very closed world of self denial.

So to the parents of the next child maimed or killed by this killing machine, remember, it's wasn't the Pitbulls fault.
Not excuses. Just facts.

Pit bulls are not 100lb dogs unless they are mixed with something much larger.

Dogs that are chained usually end up aggressive, no matter what the breed of dog.

Are you living in another world there? I think you must be.
Pitbull Victim
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Not excuses. Just facts.

Pit bulls are not 100lb dogs unless they are mixed with something much larger.

Dogs that are chained usually end up aggressive, no matter what the breed of dog.

Are you living in another world there? I think you must be.
I of course posted the Dog was a Pitbull, I have seen the photo's. You chose to muddy the waters by describing something you haven't seen as a Mastiff, therefore casting aspersions just so you can continue your silly little Trolling games.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Pitbull Victim View Post
I of course posted the Dog was a Pitbull, I have seen the photo's. You chose to muddy the waters by describing something you haven't seen as a Mastiff, therefore casting aspersions just so you can continue your silly little Trolling games.
I see what you did there, trying to turn the trolling on someone else when you've been the troll here.

Can you link us to the pictures? The couple of articles I saw had no pictures.

The fact remains that pit bulls are medium sized dogs, not 100 lbs. So if the dog was, in fact, 100 lbs it's likely it is a mix of something. And people tend to call any dog with a blocky head and some muscles a "pit bull" even though in many cases they are not.
Page 84 of 132 « First < 34 74 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 94 > Last »