View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-04-2010, 07:32 PM
'Pitbull Victim' is currently on a 3 day ban after reaching 3 infraction points for name-calling in his posts.

5 points lead to a 10 day ban and 8 will lead to a permanent ban. I suggest he reads our posting guidelines before posting again.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
The ATTS link wasn't working...it's actually this:

http://www.atts.org/statistics.html

And it's a great site.
Wow, that is realllllly interesting. Is there an British version?

Pitbull - 85.3% pass rate
Akita - (my doggles) - 74.2% pass rate The test IS like an Akitas worse nightmare though - too much focus on the dog's protective instincts!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
I think a few more than one are hoping!!
I thought PV's user name meant he was in support of
Pitbulls

because the Pitbulls ARE the Victims in all this.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 12:08 AM
I was a total victim of a pit bull tonight! I was "viciously" attacked by a very silly pit bull who ran smack into my knee while playing and hyper extended it. Owie!!!

Such a vicious doggy.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2010, 07:26 AM
I was a total victim of a pit bull tonight! I was "viciously" attacked by a very silly pit bull who ran smack into my knee while playing and hyper extended it. Owie!!!

Such a vicious doggy.
Isn't it awful when dog-owners let their dogs play? Hope your knee's ok!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
I thought PV's user name meant he was in support of
Pitbulls

because the Pitbulls ARE the Victims in all this.
Couldn't be further from the truth sadly. And yes, I agree totally. Man created this breed and man is destroying them. One of the saddest things is they were bred for violence and destruction and yet prove themselves time and time again to be sociable, loving family pets despite the idiots that bully them into aggressive behaviour.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Couldn't be further from the truth sadly. And yes, I agree totally. Man created this breed and man is destroying them. One of the saddest things is they were bred for violence and destruction and yet prove themselves time and time again to be sociable, loving family pets despite the idiots that bully them into aggressive behaviour.
I think that's the most amazing thing about pit bulls. Here in the States, rescues take them in after dog fighting rings have been broken up. They've been beaten, abused, are covered in scars, yet they STILL wiggle and lick their rescuers and end up as great family pets. I've never known a more resilient breed who can bounce back like that! My dog would be traumatized for life.

(And my knee is ok...a little sore this morning but it'll be fine!)
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I think that's the most amazing thing about pit bulls. Here in the States, rescues take them in after dog fighting rings have been broken up. They've been beaten, abused, are covered in scars, yet they STILL wiggle and lick their rescuers and end up as great family pets. I've never known a more resilient breed who can bounce back like that! My dog would be traumatized for life.

(And my knee is ok...a little sore this morning but it'll be fine!)
They are a breed that should be celebrated, not berated that's for sure!

Oh glad to hear you are recovering from your pitbull incident!
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Just to add to the discussion Liverbird posted about this story in the general chat area with the very sage comment that had it been a pitbull or like attack it would have been all over the media. The mass media really do pick and choose who to shoot down, don't they?
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/38165...er_dog_attack/
Pitbull Victim
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2010, 04:52 AM
7-day-old Florida infant dies after pit bull bite

CLOSE [X]

NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. -- A pit bull terrier fatally mauled a 7-day-old baby Wednesday as the child apparently lay next to his sleeping teenage mother.

The mother, whom neighbors identified as Nicole Koezeno, 16, didn't discover Thomas James Carter Jr. was dead until a neighbor said she knocked on the mother's door and woke her around noon. Koezeno answered the door, then turned around and s More..aw what had happened to her newborn son, neighbors told the St. Petersburg Times.

Neighbor Jackie Frishe, 19, said the baby had claw and puncture marks on his back and stomach.

"There was nothing we could do," Frishe told the Times.

The attack was reported to 911 at 12:02 p.m. Paramedics took the infant to Morton Plant North Bay Hospital.

Neighbors said the dog, named Sidon, belongs to the infant's father, Thomas James Carter, 21. The dog was taken away by Pasco County Animal Services.

The mother's brother, Jason Koezeno, 18, said his sister was excited about her pregnancy despite her young age, and even had a big baby shower.

He said the mother and father were trying to be a family.

"They love each other," he told the newspaper.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/1...#ixzz0l7iW5lM3
Less..
Page 83 of 132 « First < 33 73 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 93 > Last »