Our sister sites
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
working with dogs
What the natural dog training thing?

All that can be explained with learning therory imo.

Adam
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Thats one answer to two questions posted next to each other, and what about answers to the rest of my questions?
E collar is easier to use, but thats the point, easier training results are better, happier dog!

Adam
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
E collar is easier to use, but thats the point, easier training results are better, happier dog!

Adam
Like the ones in your videos?

(hollow laugh)

rune
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:42 PM
RIght Adam, I am trying to understand what you are saying (about positive training starting with punishment) - and I do understand about learning theory

So lets defin the terms - make sure we are on the same page

reinforcment - something that makes a behaviour more likely to happen
Punishment - something that makes a behaviour less likely to happen

Positive - something added to the dog
Negative - something taken away

so positive reinforcment - something added that makes the dog more likely to repeate the behaviour

So you are saying at the begining of training the fact the dog knows there is the posibility or a reinforcer not getting it right away is a punisher?

So what behaviour exactly is that supressing? I truly 100% do not understand what you are saying there
Most clicker trainers will tell you the begining of training a clicker savy dog is so excited they will often offer loads of behaviours to you, the longer you withold the reinforcment the MORE behaviours you get - so nothing is happening less so no punishement is happening
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:48 PM
It won't cause that.

Adam
Won't cause pain and anxiety?

What about these case histories, all from ordinary everyday owners?

http://www.apbc.org.uk/sites/default...nsultation.pdf

See Appendix page 6 onwards.

I find all of them very sad, especially the deaf dog and the doberman who became uncontrollable due to his owners using a shock collar.

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:48 PM

Adam
Oh honestly Adam, you had no happy dogs that I could see.

W
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Like the ones in your videos?
He's clutching at straws now.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Is that the same tramp with the bad wig who wrote a challenge to section 4 of the Lincoln study in Aug 09 and resulted in Prof Mills having to contact DEFRA to explain he did not know enough about e-collars to continue the study?
What happened after that? If that’s the same bad wig tramp you mean of course.
Adam
Listen I can hear his masters voice again ...

Is this your reply to my previous question Adam, aren't you going to tell us about the two e collars you used at once on dogs or hasn't your mentor in the bad wig briefed you about what to say. I think one dog was a boxer wasn't it ?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
RIght Adam, I am trying to understand what you are saying (about positive training starting with punishment) - and I do understand about learning theory

So lets defin the terms - make sure we are on the same page

reinforcment - something that makes a behaviour more likely to happen
Punishment - something that makes a behaviour less likely to happen

Positive - something added to the dog
Negative - something taken away

so positive reinforcment - something added that makes the dog more likely to repeate the behaviour

So you are saying at the begining of training the fact the dog knows there is the posibility or a reinforcer not getting it right away is a punisher?

So what behaviour exactly is that supressing? I truly 100% do not understand what you are saying there
Most clicker trainers will tell you the begining of training a clicker savy dog is so excited they will often offer loads of behaviours to you, the longer you withold the reinforcment the MORE behaviours you get - so nothing is happening less so no punishement is happening
BMF what it boils down to is Adam bandies about a lot of terms and phrases in the hope of convincing himself and anyone who will listen to him that he knows what he is talking about when it comes to dog training when really he hasn't got a clue. This is evident from the videos of his own dog , he actually thinks that poor little JRT is happy..
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer

Adam
Even someone with little knowledge of canine behaviour let alone 'a dog trainer ' would be able to deduce from the video that Adams little dog is scared and doesn't know what to do next in case he is punished.

Knowing a few phrases and a bit of theory doesn't make a good dog trainer.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Listen I can hear his masters voice again ...

Is this your reply to my previous question Adam, aren't you going to tell us about the two e collars you used at once on dogs or hasn't your mentor in the bad wig briefed you about what to say. I think one dog was a boxer wasn't it ?
This has me really intrigued. Two collars - one dog????

Goodness, one is one too many, but two?

What were you hoping to achieve Adam??
Closed Thread
Page 81 of 98 « First < 31 71 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 91 > Last »