View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Adam, Why should a dog suffer pain and anxiety because they arent good at training?

So, you admitt the E-collar is just easier for people to use than to learn..?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Brierly/wysweig

Positive reinforcment does not start with ONLY a negative punishment. Either a negative punishment, a positive punishment or a negative reinforcer MUST happen BEFORE a positive reinforcement (reward on this forum) can occure, therefor there is no place in operant for a reward (reinforcer) base learning system. Its throughout Skinners works starting with the Behaviour Of Organisms 1938

Adam

Adam, thanks for replying but honestly, go get to grips with Skinner and read his book yourself. You don't seem to understand it (I suspect, deliberately, or else you are listening too much to others, elsewhere).

No offence but your insistence is annoying.

Wys
x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Brierly/wysweig

Positive reinforcment does not start with ONLY a negative punishment. Either a negative punishment, a positive punishment or a negative reinforcer MUST happen BEFORE a positive reinforcement (reward on this forum) can occure, therefor there is no place in operant for a reward (reinforcer) base learning system. Its throughout Skinners works starting with the Behaviour Of Organisms 1938

Adam
I know the text, Adam, but still can't recall that statement (or a statement to that effect). Obviously you can so could you help me out with a quote from it?

Let me give you an example of why it's balony in my opinion -

dog offers a behaviour not asked for, but handler likes it enough to reward it so that it is likely to be repeated.

The only operant in place is positive reinforcement

Please explain where the negative or positive punishment or negative reinforcement is in this example

I could give more, but this is the simplest and most clearly demonstrable
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Adam, Why should a dog suffer pain and anxiety because they arent good at training?

So, you admitt the E-collar is just easier for people to use than to learn..?
It won't cause that.

Adam
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Kruse

You've said that before. What do you base that on?

Adam
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Is that the same tramp with the bad wig who wrote a challenge to section 4 of the Lincoln study in Aug 09 and resulted in Prof Mills having to contact DEFRA to explain he did not know enough about e-collars to continue the study?

What happened after that? If that’s the same bad wig tramp you mean of course.

Adam
Did that same tramp tell you this Adam . By the way, the study is still continuing.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Is that the same tramp with the bad wig who wrote a challenge to section 4 of the Lincoln study in Aug 09 and resulted in Prof Mills having to contact DEFRA to explain he did not know enough about e-collars to continue the study?

What happened after that? If that’s the same bad wig tramp you mean of course.

Adam
Oh bless, you're a serious fan then. Or is it just narcissism?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:26 PM
It won't cause that.

Adam
Thats one answer to two questions posted next to each other, and what about answers to the rest of my questions?
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
If he has done this, he disgusts me more than I can say. Only a foul lowlife would do this and whoever does should be prosecuted for abuse.
Hear hear! What may be legal and normal practice in the USA and other countries overseas.... is certainly not acceptable in the UK!

I guess if you buy your morals on eBay, you have to expect to pay duty when they come into this country, or hope customs don't catch up with you...

I am still not making light of this.... One e-collar is distasteful, but two is abuse. I think your days are numbered Adam... not just on here.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Kruse

You've said that before. What do you base that on?

Adam
working with dogs
Closed Thread
Page 80 of 98 « First < 30 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 90 > Last »