View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh hun only just caught this, sending Beau ((((HUGE GENTLE HUGS)))) Hope he feels better really soon, poor little soul xxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh, poor, poor lad. I really feel for him, Jessica.

Give him a gentle squish from me, please xxx
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Poor thing, just caught this thread and wanted to add,

MANUKA HONEY is a wonder treatment for things like this, i used everything and anything and it was the only thing that sorted an open wound up on my dogs leg.

I used to rub it in, and also feed it to them, which they loved and i can quite honestly say that the difference was a miracle.....

Also morrissons sell it for about £7.50 instead of holland and barretts as its double the cost there.

Jess has bad arthritus and a couple of weeks ago went down hill very quickly, so i bought manuka honey with bee venom (its suppose to stop the pain in joints) and within 20 minutes of her eating some she was a different dog, no pain what so ever....it really is worth a go.

I really hope he gets sorted soon,
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Sending Beau love and healing thoughts xxx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Poor guy, hope he feeling a wee bit better, his wee face mustv'e been really annoying him xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I hope you get an improvement soon, he does look very sad.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Well, the vet said it is not contagious to us or the other dogs. They dont know how he got it. Its not actually like MRSA in that its a hospital caught thing, i think he just meant that it was the equivilant for dogs from how vigourous the infection is.

In a way i suppose it is good news. If the swabs had come back showing nothing we'd be back at square one and facing thousands of £££'s worth of allergy testing that might not have shown anything also.. At least we know what it is and can treat it.
Wow that looks really sore!

Dogs can get MRSA (any animal can) as it can pass from human skin easily. Contrary to popular belief, however, MRSA is now prevalently a community acquired infection. The majority of people will have it living on their skin without any problems as MRSA is a commensal organism and will only do any harm if it gets somewhere it shouldn't (open wounds etc). It is always a very good idea to let your vet know if you are going to be at increased risk of contact with MRSA (in a job where you come into close contact with a wide variety of people, eg a Nurse ) as your pet will be at an increased risk also.

If it is MRSA the best thing you can do is place silver on it as this is the most effective way to treat it, although how you would get it on his face is beyond me?!

I'd also advise giving Beau some form of probiotic as antibiotics will strip his intestines of all bacteria (good and bad) which may result in him getting the squits! Antibiotics can also bring on C Diff in humans, not sure about dogs though. Just something to be aware of!

Hope he gets better soon poor man!
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Ouch poor boy, sending hugs and wishes for him to get better soon.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 10:06 PM
just caught this, hope poor beau is on the mend soon, that looks so sore x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Jessica poor Beau, I am so sorry to see him like this...

I have seen something very similar to this before in a friends springer, he had something called pemphigus .

I will see if I can find a picture anywhere..

some info here..

Pemphigus complex" is a group of four autoimmune skin disorders characterized by "vesicles" and "bullae" (blisters), erosions, and ulcers. In "pemphigus vulgaris", common pemphigus, the lesions are usually found in the mouth and at mucocutaneous junctions, those borders of haired skin and mucosal tissues. Such areas include the eyelids, lips, nostrils, anus, and prepuce or vulva. There may also be skin lesions in the groin or axillae (armpits). The blisters are thin, fragile, and rupture easily. The skin lesions are described as red, weeping, ulcerated placques.In contrast, the lesions of "pemphigus vegetans" are thick and irregular and proliferate into vegetative lesions marked by oozing and pustules. It is thought to be a more benign form of pemphigus vulgaris.

"Pemphigus foliaceous" is rarely found in the mouth or at mucocutaneous junctions. The blisters are only temporary; redness, crusting, scales, and hair loss are more common presenting signs. Pemphigus foliaceous usually begins on the face and ears and often spreads to the feet, footpads, and groin. Secondary skin infections are common, and fever, depression, and anorexia may occur in severe cases.

"Pemphigus erythematosis" looks clinically like foliaceous and is frequently found on the nose. Ultraviolet light aggravates this form of pemphigus and can lead to a misdiagnosis of nasal solar dermatitis (Collie nose). It is considered a benign form of pemphigus foliaceous. The term "bullous pemphigoid" sounds a lot like "pemphigus," and clinically this disease resembles that group of diseases. The same type of vesicles and ulcers may be found in the mouth, at mucocutaneous junctions, and in the axillae and groin. Differentiation is possible only through biopsy. Evaluation of the vesicles is critical to the diagnosis, and because they rupture so soon after formation, a dog must often be hospitalized and examined every two hours until the biopsies can be taken.
Page 8 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >