View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 08:45 PM
The worst seems over here...we have had peace for 20 mins or so except for the ODD bang.

Ben has been a wee treasure espesially after the weekends performance I feared the worst (yeah I know thats not like me is it!! )

I gave Ben 4 drops on a ginger nut of Bach rescue remedy at 12 noon and then on some Turkey at 5pm and again at 7pm and he only panted for about 5 mins when the fireworks display (less than a mile from house) started and he rushed about trying to find his kong incase the fireworks stole it

But when we continued as normal and turned the tv up a bit he seemed to settle. And he is currently lying in living room with ball between his paws completely undisturbed by the odd whizz or bang.

I am absolutely amazed..stunned...but very very happy.

Hope all your doggles are safe and sound
Gillbo64
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2008, 08:48 PM
It never fails to amaze me how calm Lizzie is with fireworks now, as I rescued her from a so-called trainer who battered her because he did all the gundog training with her, then found she was scared of guns! She was stood at the window watching the fireworks & even the loud ones didn't bother her ... she's such a changed girl now
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2008, 08:57 PM
It's a nightmare here at the moment

The neighbours 'forgot' to tell me that they were having fireworks so by the time that they had started it was too late to move the dogs somewhere else.

Nala couldn't care less but the other 3 were restless until they found their safe spots and settled down, although panting heavily they were okay.

Storm decided to hide under the kids desk in the den and was calmer until one of the neighbours fire crackers landed on the flat roof He shot out crying and it had a domino effect on the other 2. I now have 3 quivering jellies

They are still going on all around so it looks like a long night.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Aww Chellie I know you wish you could take it away for them. Ben has calmed down now. gave him rescue 4 drops straight into his mouth and he didn't flinch and I put some in his water bowl as well. He is lying in his bed zonko!! wizz bangs going off all over the place. Ben ? zzzzzz
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Aww Chellie I know you wish you could take it away for them. Ben has calmed down now. gave him rescue 4 drops straight into his mouth and he didn't flinch and I put some in his water bowl as well. He is lying in his bed zonko!! wizz bangs going off all over the place. Ben ? zzzzzz
I know that they can't help it but I am finding it hard to type with 100kg of assorted dog trying to sit on my knee

I think that I am going to have to get some sedation for the rest of the week.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 09:22 PM
glad things are settling for all of you..

just thought I would add this... for those in the glasgow green area... you have it all to go through tomorow night.. it would seem they have decided....to change from the 5th Nov TO the 6th Nov Im thinking its something to do with the celtic match

http://www2.seeglasgow.com/fireworks/index.htm
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Chellie View Post
It's a nightmare here at the moment

The neighbours 'forgot' to tell me that they were having fireworks so by the time that they had started it was too late to move the dogs somewhere else.

Nala couldn't care less but the other 3 were restless until they found their safe spots and settled down, although panting heavily they were okay.

Storm decided to hide under the kids desk in the den and was calmer until one of the neighbours fire crackers landed on the flat roof He shot out crying and it had a domino effect on the other 2. I now have 3 quivering jellies

They are still going on all around so it looks like a long night.
awe poor wee soles... hope the worst is passed for you now x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 09:26 PM
AS, Hows your lot doing now?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 09:33 PM
The fireworks are still going strong round here. They have been going now for almost 7hrs and there hasn't been a break. Milo pottered out for a wee but Shady is too scared yet bursting.
Last year was the same and they kept going till about 1am, I remember in the end poor Shady wet herself.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Cassy still on one but I can see she's knackered so hopefully will fall asleep soon. Harvey's sat wrapped in the throw over shaking but things seemed to have gone quiet for now as its raining quite hard. Hope everyones bonfires have gone out and their fireworks have gone soggy

Just a thought, why the hell do people celebrate Guy Fawks the man was an olden day terrorist!
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >