View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I thought at a scruffts show it was one heat and all the rest were open to everyone by the way.
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Waw what beautiful dogs you have .. My sister have recently just lost her rottie ( Deva, 13 years old she was) .. I can honestly say i have not came across a breed with a nicer nature ..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by ESS Owner View Post
Waw what beautiful dogs you have .. My sister have recently just lost her rottie ( Deva, 13 years old she was) .. I can honestly say i have not came across a breed with a nicer nature ..
thank you I have four in total, They are nice dogs in the right hands
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Sorry Morganstar if i seemed a bit abrupt .. After reading all the comments about my wee dog my back is well and truely up .. I have no interested in showing him we have recently started competing in flyball which is more up his street .. Getting him to stand still for more than 30 seconds is a real challenge ..
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe your wee man must be proud as punch,
My lot wouldnt do to well at fly ball would love to give it a go though mabey I will be lucky enough to find a fun day with something like that,,, one where anyone can have a go lol they would prob only let me try once though im sure my lot would scatter the jumps,

I show my dogs at champ level but do enjoy the odd fun day,
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
thank you I have four in total, They are nice dogs in the right hands
I would post a picture of my dog but unsure how to do it ..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I would post a picture of my dog but unsure how to do it ..
what to do is: put a thread up in the introduction section to say hello to everyone,
I will try and find a link helping you with photos..
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Np hun I completly understand. One of my Welsh wont keep still for more that 30 seconds either hes a real challenge
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:44 PM
if you go to post 2 on the link, Minihaha has a post on with a link helping with photos

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=91616
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 07:58 PM
I am the owner of the ESS which seems to be the topic of your conversation .. My 2 year old son entered his dog into this class which was called ' Childs best friend' at a show in which i thought was for charity (Therefore we entered as much as possible for fun and to give some money to a well deserved charity!!!!!) .. I am disgusted that a fun class for KIDS is causing such a stir and found no reason for you to mention that my dogs tail is docked .. What has that got to do with Scruffts?? .. If you must know my dog is a 2 year old fully pedigreed English Springer Spaniel off of working stock therefore has a legally docked tail!!!! .. He was placed in this class for his beautiful nature and companionship with my young son nothing to do with his stunning good looks .. I cannot believe someone has so little to do than complain about a childs fun show which may i add was £1 to enter and for charity ..
I knew it was a full pedigree. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Scruffts is for crossbreeds only, not pedigrees, therefore, you were not eligible for the Scruffts classes and certainly should not have one a place.

There were junior handling classes and pedigree classes at this show, you were eligible for these classes.

If you wanted to support the charity as much as you say, you could have given a donation to Scruffts, which is ran under the Kennel Club Charitable Trust.

This has nothing to do with the £1. You were in a class you should not have been in under KC rules.

I have plenty to do, but this places highly on my list of things to do as it is totally wrong and outragous!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I thought at a scruffts show it was one heat and all the rest were open to everyone by the way.
There are 4 Scruffts classes in the only Scruffts heat in Scotland. Each 1st place in the 4 classes is invited to attend the final of Scruffts at Discover Dogs in London to have a chance to win the title "Familly Crossbreed Dog Of The Year".

There are also 4 classes at the final.

Hope this clarifies things for you.
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 33 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »