Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
my two do htm and agility and also work if they didnt enjoy what they did i wouldnt put them through it but my two are happy healthy they are kept stimulted happy and well loved if a dog didnt enjoy doing these things then they wouldnt do it
I would still love to see pics of the handsome duo working Jen - do you have any pics?
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Amie View Post
So you should Megan you are also a very intelligent person that speaks a lot of sense and I'm a creep
:smt044 Well you see that's what happens when you have an intelligent breed, a little bit rubs off on the owner.

Now you have leos. It's not looking good for you is it
(creeping get's you nowhere )
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I would still love to see pics of the handsome duo working Jen - do you have any pics?
hiya moobli yes i have some where will dig the out for you
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Actually megan57 collies I met Mary Ray when Hal was a wee pup at our local dog training class nearly 10 years ago. I have personal experience of her, and I won't go into detail on a public forum for fear of being sued for libel, but I wasn't impressed by a particular training technique that she used on my dog which not only inflicted physical pain, but actually caused him to have to have an expensive trip to the vet.

However, that apart, I do have a huge respect for her work and what she does. I did not see her for the first time on telly, I had heard of her long before I even met her. She obviously has great talents - it is not up to me to say what she should or shouldn't do, I merely stated I think she is wasting her talents. I'm not really interested in what she could do, I just said I thought she could put her talents to better use! I don't know why I have to face a Spanish Inquisition style of questioning just because I have stuck my neck out and spoken my mind. I said right at the very beginning that I was aware I was being controversial, as another poster has had, I am entitled to my opinion.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
:smt044 Well you see that's what happens when you have an intelligent breed, a little bit rubs off on the owner.

Now you have leos. It's not looking good for you is it
(creeping get's you nowhere )

megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Actually megan57 collies I met Mary Ray when Hal was a wee pup at our local dog training class nearly 10 years ago. I have personal experience of her, and I won't go into detail on a public forum for fear of being sued for libel, but I wasn't impressed by a particular training technique that she used on my dog which not only inflicted physical pain, but actually caused him to have to have an expensive trip to the vet.

However, that apart, I do have a huge respect for her work and what she does. I did not see her for the first time on telly, I had heard of her long before I even met her. She obviously has great talents - it is not up to me to say what she should or shouldn't do, I merely stated I think she is wasting her talents. I'm not really interested in what she could do, I just said I thought she could put her talents to better use! I don't know why I have to face a Spanish Inquisition style of questioning just because I have stuck my neck out and spoken my mind. I said right at the very beginning that I was aware I was being controversial, as another poster has had, I am entitled to my opinion.
Gnasher
In your previous post you quoted the blue collie that was used at Crufts this year. It was that I was referring to
All along on this post and a previous one you decided to ruin, you slated Mary. Yes I have been to see her training and don't see a problem with it. Thousands of people in this country and around the world agree.
Your experience 10 year ago surprises me, as you say in a previous post Hal is 9 years old and Mary trains near me locally in Rugby which she has for many years and will not do advanced classes on dogs until they are of a certain age (ie over a year old) If the vet said it was down to what she did to your dog, I hope you made her pay the vets bills. I certainly would if someone injured my dog
You've constantly gone on about how the woman wastes her talents. I listed a few of many above. Still not good enough for you yet you suggest nothing. No spanish inquisition, just asking the question?
Like I said before when you've contributed so much to our doggy society that she has and given up alot of time then you would have a reasonable argument.
As you've said you're entitled to your opinion. You wanted a debate, you got one with everyone elses opinions which we're entitled to do.
If you post a "controversial" post, your words, then you won't always get the response you want.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 09:32 AM

Dawn.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Megan 57 : this is why I refer to the "Spanish Inquisition". You insinuate that I am lying by your remark "Your experience 10 year ago surprises me, as you say in a previous post Hal is 9 years old".

Hal IS 9 years old, nearly 10 - he's 10 in August. Hence the reason I said:

"NEARLY 10 years ago".

Dear oh dear, it IS like the Spanish Inquisition.

I live fairly near to Rugby, which makes sense. mary was invited over to the dog training class I used to take my boy too when he was a wee boy. She was invited over one evening to "sort out" the problem dogs in the class, His Knibbs being one of them!

Happy now?

I will not go into the details of what she did to my dog, but she was trying to stop him jumping up - something that Huskies are very prone to do. What she did caused him to shriek in pain, and in any case didn't work.

This said, I still admire her skills as I keep repeating until really I am quite bored with it, and I should think everyone else is too, so I will bow out of this discussion now.

It has been extremely interesting I must say - apart from the S.I. ! - and I couldn't agree with you more Megan when you say that if you make controversial remarks, then you must expect to get a backlash! I did expect it, and I got it, fair enough, but I don't expect snide remarks being made about time lines, etc. Quite unnecessary to insinuate that I was not telling the truth.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Megan 57 : this is why I refer to the "Spanish Inquisition". You insinuate that I am lying by your remark "Your experience 10 year ago surprises me, as you say in a previous post Hal is 9 years old".

Hal IS 9 years old, nearly 10 - he's 10 in August. Hence the reason I said:

"NEARLY 10 years ago".

Dear oh dear, it IS like the Spanish Inquisition.

I live fairly near to Rugby, which makes sense. mary was invited over to the dog training class I used to take my boy too when he was a wee boy. She was invited over one evening to "sort out" the problem dogs in the class, His Knibbs being one of them!

Happy now?

I will not go into the details of what she did to my dog, but she was trying to stop him jumping up - something that Huskies are very prone to do. What she did caused him to shriek in pain, and in any case didn't work.

This said, I still admire her skills as I keep repeating until really I am quite bored with it, and I should think everyone else is too, so I will bow out of this discussion now.

It has been extremely interesting I must say - apart from the S.I. ! - and I couldn't agree with you more Megan when you say that if you make controversial remarks, then you must expect to get a backlash! I did expect it, and I got it, fair enough, but I don't expect snide remarks being made about time lines, etc. Quite unnecessary to insinuate that I was not telling the truth.
Gnasher.
Why so defensive and aggressive? Don't put words into my mouth
If your going to quote me, then quote me correctly.
I wrote "If you post a "controversial" post, your words, then you won't always get the response you want"
There was no insinuation at all. Suggest you read the post again. I was saying that I was surprised if Mary did techniques on such a small puppy. Sounds like it was obedience training and nothing to do with HTM which is what the post was about and was not made clear, and also that if someone hurt my dog I woudn't just let it go, not aimed at you just a general opinion. It is unfortunate and I myself have pulled my dog on his back when he jumped up once. It was an accident but I was lucky it didn't hurt him.
I say it as it is and If I think you were a lier I would say so which I haven't so wind your neck in.
I also mentioned Rugby in relation to the fact that I live there so Marys training my local one which I have attended in the past, so going on my experience. Nothing to do with where you live. You don't say on your profile where you live. So how can I insinuate your lying about it
I find your comment of me being snide laughable to be honest, the fact that you are constantly swearing in your posts and being rude to other members speaks for itself.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Out of interest, what is it that comes naturally to your breed? What were they bred for? (Or should this be a different thread).

BTW I am asking out of genuine interest, not to start a debate
Hi Moobly just seen this message, not been online in awhile.

Well for Jess her strongest instinct is hunting, she is a keen predator and this prey drive is causing us some problems, mainly sheep related as a wild rabbit, squirrel, mouse or bird is not a problem.
From conversations with other NI owners I am not the only one, it seems to be a trait in the breed.

Having Sled dog in her heritage she also likes to pull things, and be in packs, so she is a ****** lugs on the lead, roll on training sessions!

Another instinct for her is digging, she seems almost compelled to do this, I dont know why.

For better answers to your question I suggest you post this question on the 'Non Recognised Breeds' thread, as I have only had my girl for approx 6months so im still a newbie to the breed, there are others who can answer your query alot better than I.

Good Luck.
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >