View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Hugs from me too Lore, I hope the doc can do something to help you.
Jenny no real bargains at Lidl, other than a nail varnish £1-99 in a colour I have been trying to find. Except when I got home and applied it it is nothing like I wanted I quite like it though.
Sorry to hear how bad you shoulder is TW The others could be right in saying about how you are holding yourself with your broken ribs.

Well we are expecting a bad night tonight. Pepsi was caught eating poo
She always manages to get there before we realise what is happening and then a few hours later we are usually mopping up sick
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 06:59 PM
See I always thought you couldn't feed chicken bones to dogs. As raw I guess it would be okay then?

Done nothing but sleep today, supposed to be going to the ATC/ACF sports night tonight but really not sure I can face it, pity I'm the only frigging adult, so I have to do it. Oh well, get it done and get home asap.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Eileen I LOVE all the talking from you, so stop crying.
Well I bagged all the bones, had a clean up outside, went upstairs to change, had a wash, then I put my lovely fluffy robe on I got in Asda's sale and went for a Nanny Nap, I was spark out till gone 5pm
It does hurt to breathe actually, the pain is right up my back tonight.
Girlies had white fish, veg, cottage cheese and bio yogurt for tea and it was gone in seconds, then they all had a raw carrot. Because its raining they have all retired for the night rather than lie outside as they have been doing whilst we've had the dry spell.
Gordon, my girls have eggs, but I give them the whole egg, shell and all and they adore them, some eat the shells, some don't, but the ones that eat the shells pinch the empty shells anyway, so everyone's happy, and I totally agree with you on all this silly scaremongering as regards dogs food and bones.
I do use butternut squash including the seeds in the girls veggies as it does help with the emptying of anal glands, but like you I have never experienced it myself with any dog I've had, but then again I've always given bones as you have.
LOL I DO remember Linda swinging from the vines and your post on Christmas Day after you'd been down the neighbours for a 'quick drink'
Lore, its cooked bones that do the damage, never feed any of these cooked bones you see sold in pet shops, they splinter
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Our bread maker rarely comes out because when it does we eat the entire loaf in one sitting (very small loaf) with lashings of butter so its sooooo fattening .
Daisy you probably have much more will power than me and my OH
Lynne Lacey's idea of writing a for and against list is the way to go. You can definitely take two dogs on buses around here because I do quite often but you'd have to check around you as all bus companies have different rules. Leaving two at home when you are out, or two in kennels will make you feel less guilty and two dogs racing around the garden will give them more exercise than giving one dog a medium length walk and it will probably keep Taff younger and fitter for longer. However, two cost more and two are less easy to visit friends with. You could meet the dog and see what you think and you never know Taff may not take to it anyway ...... decisions, decisions
Helena My nose was even more blocked up when I got off the phone from you and that was I am sure from laughing Really pleased to you had a good chin-wag over the fence with your neighbour.

Did anyone watch Auf Wiedersehen My Pet on ITV at 2pm either yesterday or today? Yesterday's was about a dog warden who decided to give a home to a rescue terrier but after a year had had to make the decision to find a new home for her as her two dogs were fighting. It followed her interviewing 3 new possible homes for her ........ I cried the day she had to leave the little dog Today's was about a girl finding a home for her thoroughbred horse but I missed it so will have to get in on catch-up tv.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Have dried up all my tears TW,now I'm a little bit jealous of GORDON's orchard The lucky plonker!! Always fancied an orchard with a swing Couple of pigs and a donkey
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2014, 07:15 PM
No I never even knew that was on, the horse one would have made me cry buckets as I was in the situation myself with Isis when they discovered I'd been walking round (and doing distance rides) with a broken back for 7 years.
Makes me cry now thinking about it
Glad to hear you and Helena have cheered each other up and had a good giggle, its whats needed when life gets too much
Lynn, you can take 2 dogs on a bus surely, at 2 years old the dog isn't a puppy anymore so you may well find it is a good companion for Taff. I don't think 2 dogs is anymore work than one actually because they keep each other amused. As you all know I have 4, and they have their own little world without me there and they look after each other, play with each other and have an incredibly interesting relationship that I enjoy watching and never tire of.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Evening everyone, and may I say how delighted I am to see Jenny back with her usual entertaining posts Good on you Jenny, and you sleep as much as you need to old thing - you deserve it after all that you have been through. I saw, inwardly digested and then promptly forgot, something about Rucksack eating things so I hope that he is okay.

Ditto for Pepsi Nippy - you have my sympathies because sicked up poop is only marginally less disgusting than a three week old badger carcass at the height of summer.

H old bean, how lovely to be able to enjoy a good laugh with your neighbour and hopefully that will have lifted your spirits somewhat. There are times when I really wished that I lived closer to some people on here, but then again, those same people are probably thanking all the gods that I am as far away as I am

Lore, take no notice if you want to ignore me, but I really think that you are doing far far too much. Something just has to go or you will end up a gibbering wreck unable to do anything for months. Lecture over, and I just want to give you a cuddle.

LS, thank goodness there have been no more fits and I am glad that Loki enjoyed his walk.

Lynn, Dillon just makes me laugh!! Where is that picture of your hand then?? We need to see proof that it really is healing.

Eileen, just be glad of the excuse not to have to mow the lawn!! By the end of the summer you will be sick to death of it.

Hello to everyone else.........I am not as good as Jenny and H with the acknowledging everyone thing, but then coming on in the evening does make it very hard.

Jimmi and I had a cat filled walk this morning; the first one was just yards from the gate so it started badly He becomes so stressed poor little chap I stopped to talk to a lady with a lovely collie x Huskey, and Jimmi was in the middle of his "look how handsome I am" routine with her when a cat strolled around the corner. The lady was in hysterics as Jimmi barged the object of his desires out of the way and went into full Hannibal Lecter mode - talk about priorities That was the only light moment, and the rest of the walk was just plain maddening; if I never see another cat again I will not be one bit sorry.

I was going to do some bits and pieces in the garden, but the wind was really cold so I very lazily had an afternoon of watching the last two Call the Midwifes ( )
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 07:23 PM
TW, is it tomorrow that you go to the Doc? It sounds as if it isn't a moment too soon you poor thing.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Evening SALLY
Good to hear the Jimster is in fine spirits and not a cat in the country is safe You sound in great form...happy days
Am happily getting through my mountain of ironing really hoping there isn't another shirt among this lot all stripey,everyone of them Decided I'm not going to iron the pants or the tea towels..it's absolutely ridiculous..like when did a crisis occur because someone's pants weren't ironed? If I have time later,I might just give them a once over
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Good grief.......I have never ironed undies in my life Eileen, and strongly suggest that you stop that nonsense this minute. Ironing all those stripes has probably made your eyes spin!!
Page 8 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »