View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Are you on Salmon and Potato now? It would be quite surprising if it was that that was causing the recurrence wouldn't it. When do the results come back, because it seems that until the vet knows what he is dealing with you are just going around in circles
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Are you on Salmon and Potato now? It would be quite surprising if it was that that was causing the recurrence wouldn't it. When do the results come back, because it seems that until the vet knows what he is dealing with you are just going around in circles
Yes she has been on the salmon and potato yesterday and today with nothing else.

I'm really hoping that the stool sample gives us the cause. If not, then I can only think that endoscope will be the next one and I really do want to avoid another general unaesthetic for her
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 11:53 PM
You poor thing, this is such a worrying time but hopefully it can all be sorted out very soon and without the need for further anaesthetics.

I have to go now, but want to give you a big cuddle and I just hope that Rosie settles down before too long so that you can both get some sleep.

Good luck tomorrow, and I will look in to see if you have posted.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Thank you from both my girl and me x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2013, 12:13 AM
If she has a tender spot at the base of her tail I would think of what is round there, could she have an abcess in her back passage maybe.
Is there a border terrier forum where maybe you can look for someone who knows the breeder, or does the KC have a record of her affix, someone must know her, or failing that maybe people who have rellies of Rosie's may have answers
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
If she has a tender spot at the base of her tail I would think of what is round there, could she have an abcess in her back passage maybe.
Is there a border terrier forum where maybe you can look for someone who knows the breeder, or does the KC have a record of her affix, someone must know her, or failing that maybe people who have rellies of Rosie's may have answers
I'll dig out the supposed copies of pedigrees, but I'm not holding out too much hope. I'm not even sure how genuine they are. I don't know where the other pups went - certainly haven't seen any around of her age here yet and we did travel out a bit to get her.

Funnily enough, she does whip round to get at her tail (base of tail) quite a lot. Something she's always done to an extent but which is far more prevalent when she's pacing as it's the only thing that stops her for a brief second or two. However, I've mentioned it to the vet and he did a rectal exam and found nothing. I suppose it could be that it was too small to feel first time round and is something I'll be discussing again tomorrow.

I've always thought it to do with anal glands. She's had them emptied a few times, but the vet didn't think they were 'over' full. I put her on half a weetabix a day and it did seem to stop it until this started a few weeks ago.

The only Border Terrier forum I'm aware of (and I really did look last time), I very much doubt would be very helpful (long story)

I think she's getting very tired and looks like she may be settling slightly now so my cue to turn off the lights and get settled on the sofa to see if that encourages her to come up and get some sleep (fingers, toes and everything else crossed)
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8