Male 

03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
O U C H T H A T B L A D D Y H U R T S L I K E H A D E S

That is a dry socket!
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
no not googling........gargling!!!
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Lol you natters (ps is that a Helena word? 'natter, as in nutter - lol!)

I am worried tho. My after-care leaflet says to do salt water bathing, yet looking up dry socket says it happens when you keep watering/wetting it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 08:56 PM
now I've started something, don't worry Azz, I'm sure you won't get one if you do what it says on your little leaflet.

Whatever you do, don't sloosh it about in your mouth, just leave it lying there for a few seconds, BUT, you shouldn't be doing salt water yet, because...... Nor should you be using the Corsodyl yet, because for the time being (24 hrs) you need to let that clot settle and do its work, and don't for God's sake disturb that clot that's when you'd be getting that dry socket (I think but don't quote me coz I've forgotten what I Googled now lol!) You want the healing process to start after 24 hours.....I think Oh, I'm so glad I don't have many teef left now to have to worry about all this

Salt water or Corsodyl is after 24 hours, for the first 24 hours just leave it alone, soft foods only, so as not to disturb the clot ok, that's the important thing to keep to avoid a dry socket. Blimey, have I turned into some kind of dentist on here now

I expect you're busy Googling now though.......
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Lol I'm more worried now

My leaflet says :
START TO RINSE

6-8 hours after treatment start to bathe the extraction site with salty water or antiseptic mouthwash being careful NOT to spit out but to gently dribble the water or mouthwash out of your mouth.
It's feeling 'irritable' at the mo - not really hurting but I feel like just touching it with my tongue all the time or biting something on it (but I'm not!)
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I remember the blue salt twists in the Smiths Crisps as well ah those were the days when there was only one flavour to worry about
and if you wanted salt and vinegar, the only way you could get 'em was to use the salt bag and put vinegar on out the bottle. Horrible when the bottom of the bag had a leak though because you smelt of vinegar for the rest of the day
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Nope Salt n' Vinegar have never ever been my fave anyway, so no way would I be putting vinegar on, mind you I never used the salt either, I liked them just the way they were.
What else can I remember...going home from Brownies with my friends, on the bus (we could only have been around 8 or 9 but it was dead safe in those days) and calling in at the chip shop and getting 6d of chips with fish bits on the top.
Only just managed to get Cariad out for a walk now the bangs have stopped and wanted to get her out and back before the pubs came out. Poor girl, she had used the paper I put down for her in the kitchen and looked really guilty about it, at one point she was actually climbing on the couch and sitting behind me really really loud bangs this year, more so than ever I think for her to get like that, she never bothers normally. I think she has put the puppies on hold until the world quietens down again
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8