Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
really hope im going to be able to go i want to buy asbo a hoody have a nosy at some breeds i have a soft spot for, maybe get a fabric crate, and i just generally love going
Who's going to look after your puppies if you go ..
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Who's going to look after your puppies if you go ..
nana has already said she doesnt mind watching them for the day if i do want to go. because she is going on the thursday, and i want to go the saturday. all depends on if i can bare to leave them or not though.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-02-2012, 09:57 AM
nana has already said she doesnt mind watching them for the day if i do want to go. because she is going on the thursday, and i want to go the saturday. all depends on if i can bare to leave them or not though.
What about bringing infection back though??
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 10:43 AM
What about bringing infection back though??
precautions will be taken. just like when i go anywhere now where dogs have been, nana visits her breeder friends now and precautions are made. when helping with the flatcoat litters the breeder still went to shows and came back to puppies.

the puppies will be going to their new homes that weekend anyway, so may not even be there depending on if i let them leave at 8 weeks, or hold on till 10.

precautions will be, clothes and shoes off by the back door and straight in the washing machine. hands and feet wiped down with disinfectant wipes, and straight in the shower and washed and changed before going into mum and puppies.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-02-2012, 04:30 PM
precautions will be taken. just like when i go anywhere now where dogs have been, nana visits her breeder friends now and precautions are made. when helping with the flatcoat litters the breeder still went to shows and came back to puppies.

the puppies will be going to their new homes that weekend anyway, so may not even be there depending on if i let them leave at 8 weeks, or hold on till 10.

precautions will be, clothes and shoes off by the back door and straight in the washing machine. hands and feet wiped down with disinfectant wipes, and straight in the shower and washed and changed before going into mum and puppies.
Pups will only be coming up to 6 weeks by then, wont they ??

Each to their own I guess, many of the breeders I know would not take the chance.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Pups will only be coming up to 6 weeks by then, wont they ??

Each to their own I guess, many of the breeders I know would not take the chance.
oops got the day mixed up with a horse show. either way i will still be going if do decide to.
i know lots of breeders that still show if they have a litter of puppies, or still carry on going to their agility classes, shows or whatever.

its not like im going to around fussing dogs all day, let them lick me etc, then go home and pick up my puppies. they will have immunity from their mother, and like i said precautions are already in place. i have disinfectant spray by both doors, for visitors even if they dont go and see the pups.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Precautions are something that happen a s par for the course.

I still do what ever I would normally do because unless you are staying in the house all the time the pups are there and don't let a single sole in there will always be a chance of bringing in infection.

Pet dogs spread infection as well. as well.

If you decide to go just do as you said you will do
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Precautions are something that happen a s par for the course.

I still do what ever I would normally do because unless you are staying in the house all the time the pups are there and don't let a single sole in there will always be a chance of bringing in infection.

Pet dogs spread infection as well. as well.

If you decide to go just do as you said you will do
thanks i plan to
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Wow, a good entry for Glens, It will be nice to have some competition, I dont expect to win anything but we might never qualify again lol
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Entry numbers for Crufts are here : http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/04-Cr...ries---story-2

There are 97 of my breed ( Groenendaels ) entered - we usually get a good number of overseas dogs making the trip to Crufts which is really interesting as many are related to the Uk dogs ...and it's good to see potential alternative lines too !
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8