Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
I am extremely sad with a bit of a collar obsession
Stone has about 30 of them - I'd be here all day if I listed them

Ditto

Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
Jinty has a pets at home pink/flowery set thats her everyday set, and then a stunning black with stars 'Hem and Boo' one for special occasions <3

She had a lime green one that was for 'teacup' dogs, but shes outgrown that now..... She has a nice 'Boo and Bear' one from pets at home but its cream so it would get dirty.....

I have a collar fetish, and am always looking but def need a matching collar!!

Ive actually put my tags around Jintys collar and then sewn the split ring to make it flat so the tags dont jingle around (but can still be moved around the split ring to read the details) and isnt on the D ring (which is for the lead). Sad me! Lol.
Double ditto

Tilly's latest is a black & white zebra print with her name in red embroidery. She always has my home made half checks & mainly has red & black as her colours.
However she will soon have a pink & silver one & I'm waiting on some trigger hooks with gems on for the lead to be delivered
I've never seen them before with bling on & I'm ever so excited they are coming all the way from Czech.
How can you get excited about a trigger hook I ask you
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Initially Max had padded fabric ones but they didn't seem to last very long and once they started to fray we replaced them as we were worried about them snapping if he pulled on the lead too hard. Max now has a fairly plain leather collar, which is quite heavy duty and has lasted him about 5 years or so now so we are quite pleased with that!

Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Yeah what happened to that friendly forum where people were chatting quite happily in a very innocuous thread about what collars their dogs had? Oh yeah - someone jumped all over trying to make people feel like rubbish for spoiling their beloved pets (guilty and proud of that one) and make themselves look better by running everyone else down.

YOU were the one who turned the thread nasty.
In fairness, H didn't actually turn the thread 'nasty', she expressed her opinion, it may be one that many of the posters on here disagree with, but it is her opinion, she is entitled to it and, on a public forum, she is entitled to express her opinion.

I must have missed the post where H was running everyone else down, maybe a moderator deleted it?

Now I have never met H (K9paw) but I have had the pleasure of exchanging many pms with her and she has always struck me as someone extremely passionate about the welfare of dogs. She has always been extremely kind and supportive and I for one would miss her posts very much if she decided not to post again.

Incidentally I have had a quick google of expensive dog collars and found this one, which retails at $3200. And in my opinion, it really is one ugly collar that I can't imagine any dog would actually find comfortable wearing.

http://www.ilovedogsdiamonds.com/col...mouramour.html

Yes, anyone who buys one of these collars may also donate money or time to animal welfare, or they might not - there is absolutely no way of knowing. And when people on here state that they collect collars, I'm not sure if they meant anything like this one Hypothetically though, think about how much food a rescue could be supplied with, how much research could be done into veterinary medicine or how many dogs could be neutered to reduce the stray problem with that money. Food for thought really.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Incidentally I have had a quick google of expensive dog collars and found this one, which retails at $3200. And in my opinion, it really is one ugly collar that I can't imagine any dog would actually find comfortable wearing.

You got the price wrong....

$3,200,000

majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
You got the price wrong....

$3,200,000

So I did - was I in shock at the time I wonder In that case, forget how much food a rescue could buy, you could build a lovely shiny new rescue with that
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Initially Max had padded fabric ones but they didn't seem to last very long and once they started to fray we replaced them as we were worried about them snapping if he pulled on the lead too hard. Max now has a fairly plain leather collar, which is quite heavy duty and has lasted him about 5 years or so now so we are quite pleased with that!

In fairness, H didn't actually turn the thread 'nasty', she expressed her opinion, it may be one that many of the posters on here disagree with, but it is her opinion, she is entitled to it and, on a public forum, she is entitled to express her opinion.

I must have missed the post where H was running everyone else down, maybe a moderator deleted it?

Now I have never met H (K9paw) but I have had the pleasure of exchanging many pms with her and she has always struck me as someone extremely passionate about the welfare of dogs. She has always been extremely kind and supportive and I for one would miss her posts very much if she decided not to post again.

Yes, anyone who buys one of these collars may also donate money or time to animal welfare, or they might not - there is absolutely no way of knowing. And when people on here state that they collect collars, I'm not sure if they meant anything like this one Hypothetically though, think about how much food a rescue could be supplied with, how much research could be done into veterinary medicine or how many dogs could be neutered to reduce the stray problem with that money. Food for thought really.
It was REALLY snide and nasty to jump over a lighthearted thread the way they did - then to start crying that we were nasty when we pointed it out to them.

But apparently if you've got the right buddies you're allowed to do really snidey things like that and come out smelling of roses.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Sadie has had (in 10 years) 2 leather collars, one choker and 1 thick fabric one - the ones with the padding...

Benjie has (as far as I know in the 2 years I've known him) 2 leather collars and a choker..

Louie - dear Louie (in a year)... 3 nylon collars, 1 padded fabric collar, 2 half checks, a short lived slip collar (with stopper) and his current leather one..

Please note, the chokers were short lived - very short lived..
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
It was REALLY snide and nasty to jump over a lighthearted thread the way they did - then to start crying that we were nasty when we pointed it out to them.

But apparently if you've got the right buddies you're allowed to do really snidey things like that and come out smelling of roses.
Not really sure sure what you mean by the 'right buddies' or why you feel that makes a difference? Am I the Dogsey maffia now then ? On another thread I have observed a member come under a fair bit of criticism (for something not even related to the thread). I have never 'spoken' to this person, apart from on threads but I have stated on that thread I don't think she deserves the comments that she has received. It has nothing to do with whether I like a member or not.

I agree that H's post was quite controversial and, with hindsight, it may have been better had she started a new thread on the subject but, as I stated previously, everyone is entitled to have and express their own opinion on here, as long as it is not done rudely or about banned subjects. And whilst that post annoyed a lot of members, what was actually said was not rude, just not very welcomed by a lot of people.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 09:01 PM

I don't think that it was that she was 'nasty'... i think it is because her post gave the impression that she was trying to run people down, and as though she was preaching to people on how they should spend their money... without knowing if those people give money to animal welfare etc. I think the whole tone of her post had a lot to do with, and it rubbed people the wrong way... and then she makes out that it is everyone being 'nasty'.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Anyway....back on topic.....

Cain also has one of the Dog Games Perfect Fit harnesses, which we love. He used to have a red webbing collar with bones on and a plastic clip but he was so pulley when we got him that I feared he'd put too much stress on the clip so wanted a new one.

So I got him a nice shiny new blue Rogz collar as it is still a plastic clip (we take his collar off a lot so it's convenient) but a load bearing ring so it doesn't strain the clip. We don't have a matching lead as we use a halti training lead for practical reasons. However Moon used to have a lovely matching black and purple pawprint set. I have the collar with his ashes but I couldn't bear to use the lead with Cain so I gave it to a dog charity.

Here's Cain the Pain modelling his collar
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I don't think that it was that she was 'nasty'... i think it is because her post gave the impression that she was trying to run people down, and as though she was preaching to people on how they should spend their money... without knowing if those people give money to animal welfare etc. I think the whole tone of her post had a lot to do with, and it rubbed people the wrong way... and then she makes out that it is everyone being 'nasty'.
I can see how the post has rubbed people up the wrong way, believe me I really can and it would surprise me greatly if that had been H's intention. I didn't take offence to it when I read it (although it does not surprise me that others did) mainly because I know that H is not an unkind person and I also know that she 'thinks out loud', which may explain why the post read as it did.
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >