Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post

you find that acceptable?? someone who was totaly unable to control his dog, who left my arms brused and bloody and who then pinned my dog to the floor so I had to physically lift the dog off of my dog?

Wow I can see how you have no problems with your own dogs rudness if you have such low standards for acceptable dog behaviour
If MY dogs behaved like that ... well, they wouldn't, but bearing in mind this was a young bouncy boxer ... I would be down on them like a ton of bricks.

But at the end of the day Ben your dog was not bitten or injured? I accept that your arms were bruised and bleeding, but boxers are at the best of times bruisers, this one clearly needs some serious training, but if he were mine I certainly would not clap him in chains!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
What!! I dislike cats intensely and they still make a beeline for me! What's your point?? I am not trying to make myself out to be some sort of dog whisperer, just merely that I cannot be that bad a person if I attract dogs like bees to the honeypot - doubtless your mum is a lovely person too. As I have said before, you cannot lie to or fool dogs.

Not a load of tosh at all.

What you post actually proves that dogs can and are wrong sometimes about who to trust.

rune
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Trouble is the next time this dog practices this behaviour it could be a child it jumps up, or a person frightened of strange dogs like my elderly Mum.
My work colleague has a sister with an exuberant, friendly, Old English Sheepdog. It was being walked on the common one morning when it decided to go and bounce at some children. It knocked one small child over and the child hit its head on a stone and had to be taken to hospital
They were very scared and were waiting a knock on the door from the police last I heard. Not the sort of incident anyone of us would want our dogs to be involved in yet could so easily happen if dogs are not kept "under control".
How I understand it the owner could be open to coming under the "dangerous dogs act" and yet her dog is friendly and has not bitten anyone.
Yes, in the case of children, no dog should bounce a child over like Tigger. A well balanced dog, even a young exuberant ill-disciplined boxer, should not do to a child what one did to BenMcfuzzylugs. I have noticed with my dogs that they instantly gentle down with young children, to the point that I frequently have to "rescue" children who are crawling towards my two with offers of food whilst the parents are not being vigilant. They would not dream of snatching food from a child (unlike adults picnicers on the canal, or the canal shop!!).
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
What you post actually proves that dogs can and are wrong sometimes about who to trust.

rune
I totally disagree ... assuming that you are not suggesting your mother is anything other than a lovely person
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Trouble is the next time this dog practices this behaviour it could be a child it jumps up, or a person frightened of strange dogs like my elderly Mum.
My work colleague has a sister with an exuberant, friendly, Old English Sheepdog. It was being walked on the common one morning when it decided to go and bounce at some children. It knocked one small child over and the child hit its head on a stone and had to be taken to hospital
They were very scared and were waiting a knock on the door from the police last I heard. Not the sort of incident anyone of us would want our dogs to be involved in yet could so easily happen if dogs are not kept "under control".
How I understand it the owner could be open to coming under the "dangerous dogs act" and yet her dog is friendly and has not bitten anyone.
Gnasher can you read and actually digest this post. It can happen so easily when dogs like yours are out of control. My elderly mum only needs one scratch and because of her diabetes will spend months going to the docs every week to have it treated as she doesn't heal and even a small scratch takes a long time. She doesn't wrap herself in cotton wool but does try and take care. I would be one angry person if she was hurt by out of control dogs. It could all be avoided if owners like you took more responsibility for their dogs.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 09:32 PM
If MY dogs behaved like that ... well, they wouldn't, but bearing in mind this was a young bouncy boxer ... I would be down on them like a ton of bricks.

But at the end of the day Ben your dog was not bitten or injured?
So its OK for the dog to keep doing it UNTIL someone gets seriously hurt? Also a dog who is attacked can go on and have agression issues or become nervous

I accept that your arms were bruised and bleeding, but boxers are at the best of times bruisers, this one clearly needs some serious training, but if he were mine I certainly would not clap him in chains!
Yeah boxers might be bruisers - and possibly IF I had a boxer I might accept some bruises from them - but I do not think I should be injured by someone elses dog

A RESPONSIBLE dog owner should clap their dog in chains until they can train an acceptable greeting
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I totally disagree ... assuming that you are not suggesting your mother is anything other than a lovely person
My mother?

What has my mother got to do with anything?

LOL

rune
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 10:56 PM

rune
Well, we all know of the old adage about the faithfulness and loyalty of dogs being such that they will lick the hand that beats them. That is entirely different though from dogs being ecstatic at meeting certain total strangers. I am racking my brains to try and think of dogs I have met for the first time who were hostile or indifferent to me ... I honestly cannot think of one, but there must have been at least a few.

I stand my original statement, that your mum must be a jolly good sort to provoke that reaction in dogs ... even if she doesn't like dogs.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Gnasher can you read and actually digest this post. It can happen so easily when dogs like yours are out of control. My elderly mum only needs one scratch and because of her diabetes will spend months going to the docs every week to have it treated as she doesn't heal and even a small scratch takes a long time. She doesn't wrap herself in cotton wool but does try and take care. I would be one angry person if she was hurt by out of control dogs. It could all be avoided if owners like you took more responsibility for their dogs.
Excuse me, my dogs are not "out of control". How dare you suggest that they should ever hurt anybody!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2011, 11:00 PM
My mother?

What has my mother got to do with anything?

LOL

rune
Please tell me you stated that your mum does not like dogs, but they make a bee line for her??!! Have I finally gone completely bonkers, such that I am imagining things?
Page 8 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »