View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I have an Irish rescue dog so I cant blatantly say we should only help dogs in the UK (although that does include Ireland).

My logical, sensible mind says bringing dogs over from other countries (Greece, Middle East etc) is ludicrous because we have a huge problem of our own. However, if I was looking for a rescue dog and found the perfect candidate then when it comes down to it, it really wouldnt matter to me where it came from.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Ignoring works better-----then there is nothing to reply to.

rune
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
So you don't think Many Tears are doing the right thing?

rune
IMO many tears do the right thing but I fail to see how they cannot report some of the puppyfarms they get ex breeding bitches from Some of those bitches/ dogs are in a terrible state and should have had veterinary treatment. Now joe public leaving an animal to suffer would be prosecuted so why not report these farmers as obviously there has been neglect

they have the proof facing them
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
IMO many tears do the right thing but I fail to see how they cannot report some of the puppyfarms they get ex breeding bitches from Some of those bitches/ dogs are in a terrible state and should have had veterinary treatment. Now joe public leaving an animal to suffer would be prosecuted so why not report these farmers as obviously there has been neglect

they have the proof facing them
I think you will find they might be legal? Lots are and there is little that can be done about them.

Have you asked them?

rune
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Interestingly I wonder why there is such an unwanted dog problem in Northern Ireland, after all they have dog licensing there-According to the main dog rescues licensing here in the mainland UK will end the unwanted dog problem-TIC
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
I have a problem with Many Tears as do many Obedience people in that they insist that ALL the dogs in the household HAVE to be neutered before one of their dogs can be rehomed to the household. Now I can understand them wanting their dogs neutered, but why should ALL the other dogs HAVE to be neutered as well ? I don't see the logic there at all. They lose out on many good homes this way.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Well i know that lurchers and greyhounds are virtually impossible to home in Ireland apparently, they are not seen as pet material, only as working dogs. Something needs to be done regarding breeding IMO, especially greyhounds as this is where most of them come from.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Interestingly I wonder why there is such an unwanted dog problem in Northern Ireland, after all they have dog licensing there-According to the main dog rescues licensing here in the mainland UK will end the unwanted dog problem-TIC
Most dogs our rescue rehomes come from Southern Ireland
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I have a problem with Many Tears as do many Obedience people in that they insist that ALL the dogs in the household HAVE to be neutered before one of their dogs can be rehomed to the household. Now I can understand them wanting their dogs neutered, but why should ALL the other dogs HAVE to be neutered as well ? I don't see the logic there at all. They lose out on many good homes this way.
All rescues have their own rules, I don't have a problem with it. As has been said very often----there are plenty of dogs in rescue to choose from!

Their dogs, their rules.

rune
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I think you will find they might be legal? Lots are and there is little that can be done about them.

Have you asked them?

rune
Legal. What's legal about leaving dogs to suffer untreated. Mmmm so I could walk into a rescue and hand over one of my bitches who has mange and an eye ulcer. No veterinary treatment as I have other younger bitches that I wish to have litters from so no need for that one and cannot spend money on her as it would eat into ma profits. That's okay then
Page 8 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »