register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is you dog allowed on the sofa?
Yes! All the time, they can come on and off as they please, so long as they get off when asked. 111 70.25%
Only if they sneak on. 4 2.53%
Only when invited. 23 14.56%
No, never. 17 10.76%
Other 5 3.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I'd miss my cuddlepuppy, smoochpooch and hugglebum if they didn't squish up with me on the couch ... Off means get down and wait for me to settle then jump ip and cuddle up
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 05:25 PM
This should've been in my first reply

"Dogs...on the sofa...NEVER! "

Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Er-re above; just one question-where do you sit?

On the floor?!!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Little Dogs yes Leo's no... saying that tho... I know in the 11years of owning them both every single night, as soon as I go to bed they both climb on the Sofa's and when they hear me getting up in morning they both slide onto floor
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I have a peculiar situation here. My ten year old Viszla is allowed on the settee but the 'newer' border collie is not. We made the decision about the bc as she has a long coat. The kids reckoned we were cruel to instill this rule when Skye arrived but now admit that Skye doesnt care to get onto the settees. Shes never been allowed to so she never tries! We think she prefers the coolness of the wooden floor...........and I suspect the fact that the kids lie on the floor with her !!!
MrsSB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Yes, we allow Ben onto the sofa as it's leather and therefore easy to clean. I'm not so sure we'd be so accommodating with him if it was a fabric sofa . He likes to stretch himself out and lay his head on the cushion (not that he's spoilt or anything, you understand )
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Full access here, to the point where I will sit on the floor if needed..... well I do have 4 big dogs!!
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2011, 05:25 PM
When we 1st got 2 rescue puppies in 1997,one would get on the sofa and the other put her front feet on to be picked up as she was too small to jump up.We have loads of "dogs on the sofa ,humans on the floor "photos.We later got 2 kittens and as they grew up together it would be "dogs and cats on the sofa, humans on the floor".The first dog we fostered joined in,so we have "dogs,foster dog and cats on the sofa,humans on the floor"photos. Of course, if visitors came they were allowed on the sofa,often being given the evil eye by the usual sofa occupants. Sadly we lost 1 of our dogs last week(heartbroken) and the other has dementia-he now will sometimes jump on the sofa but, God love him,has forgotten what to do to lie down-he just goes round and round and then gets off.It was our choice to allow them on the sofa,though perhaps some people would disagree ,as they are "only dogs"-a phrase that really makes me angry.(P.S I remember 1 occasion,when the Parish Priest came- I play the organ at the Church.This priest has a dog ,but is definitely not an animal lover, nor does he have ANY people skills-you get the impression- that I dont particularly like him.Well he came in,so I invited him to sit on the sofa where the usual occupants had just been,when he left his black suit looked a bit like a mohair one.Wasnt my fault was it? -I was just being polite.Maureen
Bandi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-02-2011, 03:42 PM
We have the sofa Oz has the chair. If we go out and leave him he sneaks on the sofa but he's always good so it's not the end of the world!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes, they are allowed. Except for when I am feeding my baby son. Poppy doesnt bother, Kerrie does when she cant get near the fire, Rupert is glued to the sofa!
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >