Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by gemsoph View Post
Does anyone no of any good books, websites on bullmastiffs? ty
The best book you could possibly buy right now is ''The Book Of The Bitch' by JM Evans & Kay White.

I seriously starting to think this is a wind up.
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by gemsoph View Post
Does anyone no of any good books, websites on bullmastiffs? ty
go on you tube go on aboutdogs.com just google it ud be surprised the amount of theings you can learn on the net ask friends ask family ask every 1.the nets a bit easier you can ask specific questions
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by gyalis_star View Post
i personally have not breed any dogs my pups only 1 yr 1 month but ive been around dogs that have had many litters helped my dads gsd give birth to 2 litters with no complications 3 staff litters umm quite a few come to think of it the 1 thing ive noticed it that a pup will always die in the 1st litter usually through the mothers in experience
The avarge, is one in four pups out of every litter..Its not always the case no, but still!
Lossing pups is the worst thing a bitch and ower of the bitch could ever have to see...its complete heart ache...even more so when you sit up for hours and hours willing a pup to gain weight, to suckle on its on, and then you lose it! breeding is not for everyone, and it should not be taken lightly..or be done for the sake of it...

I agree Nicci_L
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
The best book you could possibly buy right now is ''The Book Of The Bitch' by JM Evans & Kay White.

whats it about? dog pregnancy or female dogs in general?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I honestly think this is a wind up. The OP has mated her dog and now wants to know if there are any books on her breed. I apologise if I am wrong, but things are just not adding up.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post

agreed
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by gyalis_star View Post
whats it about? dog pregnancy or female dogs in general?
Both.
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
The avarge, is one in four pups out of every litter..Its not always the case no, but still!
Lossing pups is the worst thing a bitch and ower of the bitch could ever have to see...its complete heart ache...even more so when you sit up for hours and hours willing a pup to gain weight, to suckle on its on, and then you lose it! breeding is not for everyone, and it should not be taken lightly..or be done for the sake of it...

I agree Nicci_L
we were up all nite making sure the suckeled it seems when the mothers have there 1st litters they forget the pups are there all of the ones that ive seen die seem to of died becase the mother sat on them during the night
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I just wonder why those who haven't bred a litter so have no idea of the complications, costs etc., feel experienced enough to tell those of us that have that we are using bullying tactics to encourage the op to have her bitch spayed.

I think most of us are suggesting that as an option to eleviate the phantom pregnancy symptoms, not just preaching to someone that they should neuter their dog. I have to admit that I am anti neuter unless there are health reasons, but that is in relevance to my chosen breed and the complications that go with neutering, but when someone so desperately needs some advice then surely us breeders are the best people to guide her?

I am a tad confused though as one post the op clearly states that she wanted to breed her bitch, and in another, she states that she didn't want to breed her, she had no idea she was even in season Maybe you could clear this up for us Gemsoph

Another concern I have is, apart from the relevant health tests, do you have paperwork for both dog and bitch..if not, how do you know they are not related in some way?

As I said in my previous post, please do not think we are having a go at you but we will all do as much as possible to help you and your bitch, if that means we say things you don't want to hear then I'm sorry...we are just trying to help.
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2010, 01:52 PM
hummm mite have to purchase a copy since it came so highly recomended btw whats ur cane crossed with? i think thats gna be mynext pup there amazing looking dogs
Page 8 of 24 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »