View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm so sorry *Hugs* I'm wishing for a miracle for you right now.......

Thinking of you and Moon x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Oh Honey, I am thinking of you. I know how hard this is for you and I wish so much that I could make it better.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2010, 11:46 PM
So so sorry to read the update.
You have given him a wonderful life, and if this is nearing the end he will have his family with him, very much loved.

My heart and thoughts are with you xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 12:12 AM
So, so sorry to read this. Your boy is so special, the star that burns twice as bright, burns half as long as they say. That doesn't help you right now of course.

Hugs to you all x
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
His blood parameters has shot sky high again, it seems he doesn't have enough kidney function left to be able to maintain himself without his fluids Hence his inappetance etc.

The vets have recommended euthanasia I'm beyond devestated.

I've left him at the vets overnight to have another lot of fluids to make him feel better so I can bring him home for a few days. I'm also going to seek a second opinion but deep down I feel it's hopeless........
So sorry to read your update.....fingers crossed for the morning xx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 06:10 AM
So sorry to hear this I can offer you nothing to stop the pain you are going through but send you big heartfelt hugs and know you can find support on here anytime.
Such sad news
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Oh what sad, sad news...I was thinking about you last night and hoping that it was just a glitch.

I can understand how devastated you must be, he's only a baby after all. I know you will make the best decision for your darling boy, I only wish I knew of something to suggest you try which might help him.

Thinking of you, (((hugs))) to you both xx
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:17 AM
he perked up a ltitle at the vets overnight and has even eaten a bit, but long term IV fluids is not viable and I fear the long term prognosis is very poor and we are just prolonging the enevitable I don't want to let him go so far he is suffering. I have a very hard decision to make and I'm not sure of it yet. I'm going to collect my baby at 6pm tonight. Meanwhile I'm going to have to research all the horrible things such as options of euthanasia (I think I'd like him to be at home) and pet cremation. I've never lost a dog before, I didn't think I could feel my heart physically breaking
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Bless your heart *Hugs*

I'm thinking of you and Moon x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
he perked up a ltitle at the vets overnight and has even eaten a bit, but long term IV fluids is not viable and I fear the long term prognosis is very poor and we are just prolonging the enevitable I don't want to let him go so far he is suffering. I have a very hard decision to make and I'm not sure of it yet. I'm going to collect my baby at 6pm tonight. Meanwhile I'm going to have to research all the horrible things such as options of euthanasia (I think I'd like him to be at home) and pet cremation. I've never lost a dog before, I didn't think I could feel my heart physically breaking
So sorry to hear this sad news!!

I think as you say, if this decision is eminent, then knowing what you are going to do , may help you.

Speak to your vet, ask them if they will come to the house, (if thats what you want)
Look up in your yellow pages, or ask your vet what crematorium they use... then you can do one of three things.

Allow the vet to take him back and let them deal with it,

Or keep him at home and phone the crem yourself and they will come to collect him or, you can take him to the crem yourself.

Things to also ask...sorry this may sound a little uncaring at the moment, but it will hopefully help you in the future.

If you are going to allow the vet to deal with him after the event, then ask when they have the collection from the crem... because if lets say you have a dog pts on Mon,, the crem may not do their pick up till Thursday, so that may also help you make the final arrangements... you may then decide you are going to deal with that part yourself.

Also make absolutely sure when choosing the crematorium, that they provide an "individual" cremation... sadly this is something we dont think about when we are in "that sad place".

I hope you dont have to make these decisions yet, and he makes a recovery, but it may help you to know exactly what you want and the questions to ask, before hand.

Hugs xxxx
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »