Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by smileyfaces=] View Post
poppy faith gives you a lick and says
'well done for nipping back and not being helpless gal, try and avoid fights though. sometimes dogs are just brought up bad, but still enjoy your walks as walks are really cool...(woop!) hope your feeling better soon, fellow BC bitch, faithey AKA blicker

hope water ( ) and some sleep has made you less shaken up elaine,
and lets hope it never happens again hey!
daisy xx

Yea feeling ok Daisy
Poppy is a bit grumpy with poor Ben she just wants to be left alone, will see what the vet says later
thanks hun xxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Good luck at the vets Elaine x
Suzi19
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2009, 08:18 AM
So sorry to hear about your poppy being attacked Elaine, it is really frightening. My son was walking my boy (on a lead) yesterday, on a street, when a pit type dog came flying out of a front garden and attacked. It was a sustained attack, resulting in my son almost having his finger bitten off and Monty having five puncture wounds (2 above his eye and 2 on his cheek , one on his paw). Fortuntely, Monty was able to defend himself but what made me really angry was the 3 youths who were with the dog who, at first, did nothing to stop it, then when they did finally grab hold of it (no collar either), then let it go again. I've reported it to the police as I have a rough idea of where this dogs lives - but they did not seem to be too interested. In the meantime, Monty's wounds have started to scab over (good sign), but he is very quiet and last night, he wee'd indoors (not done that since he was a tiny puppy). I am so angry and upset, my son (20 yrs old) has to go back to the hospital and I must take Monty to the vet for a check-up later. There should be a law stopping these types of youths being allowed to own any animal. Apologies for the rant.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Sorry to read about poor Poppy, Elaine.
I hope the vet visit goes well *hugs*

the first day we had Missy home she was attacked by a Staffy in the country park, but one the other walkers told me was always attacking dogs. It was a black one and for ages after Missy was wary of any black dog and any staffy.
We did actually get her out and about with a few of the older people's friendly staffys with the end result she's only reactive to black ones now. ( she barks at them - a lot!)

I hope Poppy doesn't suffer these after effects, and I am glad she has another staffy friend, so it will be easier for her confidence not to be knocked *hugs*
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Good luck at the vets Elaine x
Thanks tracey, got an appoitment at 3.20 today. wil let you know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Suzi19 View Post
So sorry to hear about your poppy being attacked Elaine, it is really frightening. My son was walking my boy (on a lead) yesterday, on a street, when a pit type dog came flying out of a front garden and attacked. It was a sustained attack, resulting in my son almost having his finger bitten off and Monty having five puncture wounds (2 above his eye and 2 on his cheek , one on his paw). Fortuntely, Monty was able to defend himself but what made me really angry was the 3 youths who were with the dog who, at first, did nothing to stop it, then when they did finally grab hold of it (no collar either), then let it go again. I've reported it to the police as I have a rough idea of where this dogs lives - but they did not seem to be too interested. In the meantime, Monty's wounds have started to scab over (good sign), but he is very quiet and last night, he wee'd indoors (not done that since he was a tiny puppy). I am so angry and upset, my son (20 yrs old) has to go back to the hospital and I must take Monty to the vet for a check-up later. There should be a law stopping these types of youths being allowed to own any animal. Apologies for the rant.
That must have been awful for you all, how horrid. I don't understand why they feel they have to have a dog, any dog, but a Staffy. It's like I said a status symbol for them.
I think it would be good to bring back the dog licence then at least they would be on a register of some sort so they can be traced.
Elaine xxx

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Sorry to read about poor Poppy, Elaine.
I hope the vet visit goes well *hugs*

the first day we had Missy home she was attacked by a Staffy in the country park, but one the other walkers told me was always attacking dogs. It was a black one and for ages after Missy was wary of any black dog and any staffy.
We did actually get her out and about with a few of the older people's friendly staffys with the end result she's only reactive to black ones now. ( she barks at them - a lot!)

I hope Poppy doesn't suffer these after effects, and I am glad she has another staffy friend, so it will be easier for her confidence not to be knocked *hugs*
Thanks Pat.
Poppy has been really grumpy today, snapping at poor Ben. so she must be in pain, poor little love. He only wants to lick her sore leg!! I hope she picks up as she has so many issues already, I don't want her to become aggressive, as she already has bark, lunge nip instincts that we are, as you know, trying to remedy.
Will let you know how the vet visit goes.
Elaine xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Just wanted to wish you good luck at the vets today with Poppy, let's hope her injuries are superficial and can be easily fixed. She seems to be ok if a little sore by the sounds of it, it could have been a lot, lot worse I suppose Gentle hugs coming her way, and I hope you feel a lot better this morning too Elaine, although it's probably gonna haunt you for a while yet! You take care,xxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Just wanted to wish you good luck at the vets today with Poppy, let's hope her injuries are superficial and can be easily fixed. She seems to be ok if a little sore by the sounds of it, it could have been a lot, lot worse I suppose Gentle hugs coming her way, and I hope you feel a lot better this morning too Elaine, although it's probably gonna haunt you for a while yet! You take care,xxxxx
Thanks Helena, yea she is grumpy this morning and very quiet. Will let you know how it goes. Hope everything goes well for you and your mum today.
Hugs
Elaine xxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Hope Poppys trip to the vet goes okay Elaine. Hugs.
Did she come into season (was it you who posted about a pups first season recently? Ignore me if it isn't!) I wonder if that could have added to the problems yesterday?Maybe that is why she is being funny with Ben too? I've been so upset for you I have been thinking of you lots.
Has she ever had problems with this staffi before?

Hope her leg is okay.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Hope Poppys trip to the vet goes okay Elaine. Hugs.
Did she come into season (was it you who posted about a pups first season recently? Ignore me if it isn't!) I wonder if that could have added to the problems yesterday?Maybe that is why she is being funny with Ben too? I've been so upset for you I have been thinking of you lots.
Has she ever had problems with this staffi before?

Hope her leg is okay.
Thanks for thinking of us Ramble, you are kind.
Yea I did post that about coming into season. Nope no sign yet, I did check yesterday, before the attack, to see if she was swollen, but no, although she is licking down 'there' a lot more than she normally does, maybe it will be soon.
I am getting quite worried about her now, she has not moved from her bed in over 2 hours, She did come and greet the builders this morning. I think the thing with Ben is just that she is in pain. she keeps flinching every now and then. Can't wait for the vet app. 2 hours to go.
Elaine xxx
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2009, 12:16 PM
oh dear sounds like Poppy is feeling very sore today. I hope the vet sorts it out later for her.
Fingers crossed for later

Kelz xxxx
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »