Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I used to think I couldn't cope with anything that couldn't go off lead, but now I have two that don't very often and one that may not when she grows up I think differently. My partner has said he wouldn't mind a couple of sibes one day, but we'll see. I'd most likely get them from welfare if we decided to get some. I probably wouldn't have anything that required a lot of grooming. My lot are a bath and brush and that's it, no trimming or stripping required. I groom other people's dogs six days a week, so couldn't be bothered spending hours on mine!
Do yours moult a lot ?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by ami_j View Post
catahoula leopard dog unless i win the lottery and can import one
There was one of these in a multi-dog household on "It's me or the dog USA".
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Anything that slobbers would be almost impossible for me to deal with, I have a bit of a phobia about slime on my hands! I love DDBs, Bullmastiffs etc but it just wouldn't work!
Any breed can slobber though! My border collie drools all the time, over food, if you tease him with a toy, if he is nervous.....the list goes on!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Any breed can slobber though! My border collie drools all the time, over food, if you tease him with a toy, if he is nervous.....the list goes on!
Drooling and slobbering are two entirely different things!

Of course any dog can drool, but those with big jowls or short faces will always be more prone to that horrid shoe lace slime thing.

I used to show a Spinone (trying to hold his head was a challenge in itself due to the slime) and when he shook his head you had to duck for cover. Now THAT ain't classed as drool IMO!
India
New Member!
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:54 AM
A giant breed. Like a newfie
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=India;2335768]A giant breed. Like a newfie [/QUOlove these dogs used to know one some time ago
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Ah, to me, a bath and a brush is a lot of grooming! The Boxers get 2 baths a year (and at least one of them means tying them to the garage and hosing them down!) and that's it!
I like brushing the monsters though, it's satisfying when they go from tatty to gorgeous!!!!!

Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Do yours moult a lot ?
Our Mal pup moults more than the Estrelas and she hasn't had a proper moult yet. Estrelas are moderate shedders, Mals are heavy shedders. I don't worry about dog hair though, finding it in your coffee is a good thing - added protein. My JRT hardly sheds at all.
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8